Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Madden 25 Next Gen (PS4, XB1)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Watched a few twitch videos of the actual game. Can see why there are no reviews yet and why there was little to no gameplay footage.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Exclusive license I believe ends next year. IF I were the NFL it doesn't make any sense to have an exclusive rights deal with EA unless EA forks out MAJOR $ (to the point where EA basically pays for 2-3 licensing rights + a premium for being exclusive).
    What makes you think they aren't paying major money? I think EA pays a big premium already. Furthermore, I don't think the NFL has a ton of leverage here. They squeezed out any competition. Who on earth could have a next gen football game ready to go if EA balks at paying what they want? EA could play hardball with them because the NFL would have no competitors ready for at least two years (it would take at least two years to get a football game off the ground). The NFL isn't dumb though. I would have to imagine they would negotiate those rights at least a year in advance to make sure they had the potential of giving the license to 2K to keep the money high.

Watching a few clips tonight on Twitch (which fyi I registered for... pretty cool programme...) I am really shocked as to the end result of Madden. I know it was a port but honestly I could not tell the difference between ps3 and ps4. The graphics, commentary, gameplay, intros... pretty much everything were identical. If the MADDEN TEAM worked on this for TWO YEARS, what did they do in that time? I'm not being mean. I honestly want to know what they did because in the clips outside of a cameraman moving and a new qb stat screen during the pause menu there is nothing that makes this look next gen.

What happened to the new commentary, the new foot planting, the new line interaction, the new pocket??? It's just not there in these videos.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Watching a few clips tonight on Twitch (which fyi I registered for... pretty cool programme...) I am really shocked as to the end result of Madden. I know it was a port but honestly I could not tell the difference between ps3 and ps4. The graphics, commentary, gameplay, intros... pretty much everything were identical. If the MADDEN TEAM worked on this for TWO YEARS, what did they do in that time? I'm not being mean. I honestly want to know what they did because in the clips outside of a cameraman moving and a new qb stat screen during the pause menu there is nothing that makes this look next gen.

What happened to the new commentary, the new foot planting, the new line interaction, the new pocket??? It's just not there in these videos.
    The file size of the game is enough to tell you how much work they put into the game.

Next gen sideline. Chinstraps in, facemasks, wait for PS5.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    The file size of the game is enough to tell you how much work they put into the game.

I was stunned to see that Madden is only 12 GB while NBA 2K is 43 GB on next gen.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/69108...ion-4/67775353

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I was stunned to see that Madden is only 12 GB while NBA 2K is 43 GB on next gen.
    Yeah I posted those numbers in a few threads the past few days. All of EA Sports games are very low and as you can see from the image I posted, that is a prime example. It is like the regurgitated some of those assets for the in game sidelines. I honestly thought that the least they could do was get rid of the deformed players on the sidelines for next gen.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post

Yeah, looks like my sports fix will come from 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Yeah, looks like my sports fix will come from 2k.
    I think that is the majority of people, and their way of thinking. I am unsure on what console you are getting (If ps4) or if you baseball fan, but 2k and MLB The Show will be many people's fixes for sports games. In my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by KCClassic7807 View Post
    I think that is the majority of people, and their way of thinking. I am unsure on what console you are getting (If ps4) or if you baseball fan, but 2k and MLB The Show will be many people's fixes for sports games. In my opinion.
    PS4 it is.............MLB only interests me slightly more than fifa/nhl ,

I'm glad MLB 14 the show will still hit ps3 this year. Won't be going ps4 . I'll be the lone ranger goign X1 here.

From the Kotaku review of the PS4.

We've checked out some multiplatform games like Assassin's Creed IV and Skylanders: Swap Force and marveled at their graphics. We've popped Madden in and wondered if we were looking at a PS3 game.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post

Yeah I saw the Twitch feeds yesterday and really thought it looked like what I have been playing on my PS3, like identical to the PS3. On other sites I see people asking the same question, "What did the Madden 25 next gen team due for 2 years?". Let's face it Madden 25 on the PS4 looks nothing like the E3 videos with the supposed actual in-game footage. It seems around the Madden community, people are resting all their hopes on Looman and that all the quirks, glitches, bugs, and non-sense has been fixed in CFM (Auto subs, Pathetic draft classes, and tons of freezing to name just a few). I mean if the CFM experience is exactly the same as current gen what did Looman do since July when the game went gold. His draft classes in M25 are horrible, in my draft there were 26 WR's and 13 of them had a Speed grade of C (66-76), and WR's can't position change so your league is literally cluttered with pathetically slow 72 SPD, 68 AGI, 70 ACC WR's (same goes for CB's, MLB's, and S's). If commentary, playcalling, and off the field AI within CFM are exactly the same as it appears the gameplay is from the live feeds I saw yesterday then what have they been doing all this time? My guess porting M25 to next gen and spending all their time working on the next Madden release because they know this edition was all about cashing in on the launch.

I don't get Looman sometimes. Everyone raved about HC09 and while I think he's done some really good things with Connected Franchise I don't get how some options were removed or don't work well.

Found at OS.

Graphic wise it is hard tell from either clip. but looks the same as previous gen. hope i'm wrong when people start playing. But again not really impressive graphically.

game play- I saw some interesting cut movements and good defense addition. However, I couldn't really get a good feel for it. I notice the human player dropped back 20 yards on a post route, that game play never changes looks like it will happen online again over and over. The running animations do look a lot better. I'm not sure on the passing stuff but they looked the same IMO. At 10:04 I also notice the QB for sf does it again really come on.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    Graphic wise it is hard tell from either clip. but looks the same as previous gen. hope i'm wrong when people start playing. But again not really impressive graphically.

game play- I saw some interesting cut movements and good defense addition. However, I couldn't really get a good feel for it. I notice the human player dropped back 20 yards on a post route, that game play never changes looks like it will happen online again over and over. The running animations do look a lot better. I'm not sure on the passing stuff but they looked the same IMO. At 10:04 I also notice the QB for sf does it again really come on.
    Yup all of the twitch gamelay leads me to believe this game will look, play and feel 99% like madden 25 on ps3.

Apparently the touch pad is used to call timeouts and move players in motion. That should be interesting.

Unless people already picked their games up, no one tonight bought Madden at my Gamestop. Again, most may have already picked it up prior to launch night, but still, it seemed like no one was looking forward to this.

IGN with the first review I have seen.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...ation-4-review

Good

Next-gen graphics only go so far – changes to Madden 25's play make control tougher, though it's still good football.

+Great atmosphere
    +Smarter player AI
    +Fundamentally good football

– Irritating controls
    – Underwhelming graphics

Quote you will not see on the back of the box:
    Right now, if I’ve got to pick between the next-gen version and the current-gen one? I’d rather play Madden 25 on an Xbox 360 or a PlayStation 3.
    Quote to remind you this is an IGN Review
    At times it felt like Madden might be getting too realistic for it’s own good.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 11-15-2013 at 06:09 AM.