Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 14 - First Look at Gameplay (A&M vs. LSU)

• Facebook
  • Display
    I wasn't impressed with the TD Cut scenes. as soon as he ran into the endzone it cut the HB dropping the ball on the turf with no one celebrating, then to a wipe with the running back's name...., then cuts back to the player celebrating with teammates dropping the ball to the turf again.... then the TD wipe to the replay (with the same bad replay angles from last year). All in all i think it is to choppy of a process. I remember one demo, I think they had the players celebrating as soon as they crossed the pylons but it was taken out due to NCAA not liking it or something. I wish there was a smoother more "realistic" way for this all to happen. I have a feeling that when I want to skip the pointless wipe of the player who scored the TD it is going to skip the replay of my Touchdown, which would be bad because I like watching good replays.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    [*]First play, I assume short side slot CB recognizes the play early... otherwise he just left his WR uncovered. Everyone else appears to play man.
    Just a thought but he could be blitzing... if that's the case, I don't like that the WR doesn't even try to get there to block him before going up field.

Consider me underwhelmed... I will get the game & play it a ton I'm sure but a lot of the same things are going to piss me off I'm sure. I think that next-gen will provide the jump necessary for them to get past some of these legacy issues. Not saying that all of them are ok to still be there but, it is what it is at this point.

i am foaming from the mouth for this game to come out and to play the demo

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    Just a thought but he could be blitzing... if that's the case, I don't like that the WR doesn't even try to get there to block him before going up field.

Consider me underwhelmed... I will get the game & play it a ton I'm sure but a lot of the same things are going to piss me off I'm sure. I think that next-gen will provide the jump necessary for them to get past some of these legacy issues. Not saying that all of them are ok to still be there but, it is what it is at this point.
    If he is blitzing then the read DE should not have crashed the way he did. I was thinking the same thing but not sure what the play call was.

Compared to last year and the year b4 that, this years graphics look pasty, the field looks artificial, the players are smaller. The demo (or E3) will tell the real story.

Know it's been said already but the crowd sounded very weak as well. No cheeringt

Quote Originally Posted by tko27 View Post
    I'm trying to decide if the graphics look good, or if they look too arcadey. I don't think they look bad necessarily, but do they look real? Cut scenes look good, but live gameplay...something just looks off. Is it just me?
    I'm definitely feeling the same way and am glad I'm not the only one. The grass seems almost too green and flat. The colors look brighter but still look off in a way. I'm not sure what it is but it might possibly be that the change is so drastic so quickly that we just aren't used to it?

I also would have thought we would see some better tackling, the 3rd play I think is one that really irks me because it looks just like an NCAA game in that one man makes contact with the runner and then no other defender does despite having opportunities to affect the play. Granted, I will play the demo and have more thoughts on this but as of right now I am leaning on passing over this game for the first time since '09.

Quote Originally Posted by KIDZER0918 View Post
    I wasn't impressed with the TD Cut scenes. as soon as he ran into the endzone it cut the HB dropping the ball on the turf with no one celebrating, then to a wipe with the running back's name...., then cuts back to the player celebrating with teammates dropping the ball to the turf again.... then the TD wipe to the replay (with the same bad replay angles from last year). All in all i think it is to choppy of a process. I remember one demo, I think they had the players celebrating as soon as they crossed the pylons but it was taken out due to NCAA not liking it or something. I wish there was a smoother more "realistic" way for this all to happen. I have a feeling that when I want to skip the pointless wipe of the player who scored the TD it is going to skip the replay of my Touchdown, which would be bad because I like watching good replays.
    Exactly how I feel! I really feel like the screenwipe is extremely unnecessary and annoying! The don't even do that one TV!

They need to release a video with Slow game speed. EA's football games animations look smoother when you slow them down. Normal or above makes things look unrealistic and herky jerky imo.

How about on the 3rd play the RT is RIGHT beside the CB and doesn't even attempt to block him and the RT runs aimlessly backwards and then the CB makes the tackle.

Come on EA.

So quickly watching the video you guys are already bitching about blocking and plays. Really ? Be glad we finally get game play video . I'm so stoked for the demo hope next week or week after we get it! Only thing I didn't like that the graphics only look sub par IMO they could be better I dunno. Just a bleh feeling.

Know it's been said already but the crowd sounded very weak as well. No cheeringt
    This video had 4 or 5 chopped up plays in it. It's hard to judge any particular area in such a divided video. I promise you the crowd will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by tko27 View Post
    Am I the only one that doesn't see much if any evidence of the new infinity engine? This gameplay looks almost identical to what I saw last year, yet it's supposed to be infinity engine 2.0, bigger and badder than the Madden engine. What am I missing?
    I remember when I first saw gameplay of Madden NFL 13 and in comparison to the 2012 edition it was hard to see a difference. But when I played the game I could tell a huge difference! You can't judge the new engine until you've played it. I personally could see the differences. Not just in the new engine, but the blocking, cutting, and total fluidity of the game. I promise you if you give this game a chance for once you'll be impressed in this years edition.

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyJunkie View Post
    This video had 4 or 5 chopped up plays in it. It's hard to judge any particular area in such a divided video. I promise you the crowd will be better.
    thats a pretty bold promise

I would like to see one of those "intro videos" they were talking about

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    So quickly watching the video you guys are already bitching about blocking and plays. Really ? Be glad we finally get game play video . I'm so stoked for the demo hope next week or week after we get it! Only thing I didn't like that the graphics only look sub par IMO they could be better I dunno. Just a bleh feeling.
    I know I'm hyped! Has everyone forgot about all the additions to this game? And they want to judge the overall game off of prerelease cut game footage? 2014 will be the best NCAA Football series release in the decade.

thats a pretty bold promise
    I'll make you a better promise. You'll love this game overall. I've read up on every single little detail of this game. I'm pretty sure only EA knows more about it than I do. All of the time I see ppl asking if such and such is in the game when EA has already said it is. People are throwing this game in the trash before they've even purchased it. The fact is ppl don't know half of the things that are in this game. And they judge it off of 1 minute of gameplay? Something is obviously wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post

He's obviously blitzing.

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyJunkie View Post
    I'll make you a better promise. You'll love this game overall. I've read up on every single little detail of this game. I'm pretty sure only EA knows more about it than I do. All of the time I see ppl asking if such and such is in the game when EA has already said it is. People are throwing this game in the trash before they've even purchased it. The fact is ppl don't know half of the things that are in this game. And they judge it off of 1 minute of gameplay? Something is obviously wrong here.

I am concerned that, IMO, the player movement looks WAY too similar to last year. Hopefully it is just because of the plays called or the skill level, but I am worried that the pass rush will be an issue still as well. Looking forward to the demo so I can actually get a feel for how the IE 2.0 is working.