Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 14 Pre-Release Q&A: Dynasty

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I think I'm going to correct myself on this one. The base set of points isn't much of a change from one school to the other, it's based on the Coach Skill unlocks, and other bonuses.
    Also from the podcast...Every team has the same number of recruiting points each week. My 2nd guessing was right for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhusky View Post
    Is there any changes to the Custom Conferences feature? Or do we have to wait until tomorrow?
    Not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    This may help answer some questions... information taken from the OS Press Row Podcast with Ben Haumiller

• 27 total Head Coach skills
    • 9 skills for each coordinator
    In the pictures from the trailer, I'm only seeing 18 HC skills. There are 9 HC skills for game management and 9 HC skills for recruiting. Also 9 each for the OC and DC. Do you know what the other 9 HC skills are?

Here are some of the coach skill trees (taken from the trailer). Click the Spoiler for each to see the details including what kind of impact each can have.

HC Skill Trees
    Spoiler: show

Recruiting
    Insta-Commit - You've got the gift. Nobody makes a better first impression or closes a deal faster. You must be that prospect's top school.

Letter of Intent - You really know how to close out the deal on signing day.

Pipelines - You specialize in getting to know high school coaches

Kitchen Sink - Your work ethic is second to none and it pays dividends on the recruiting trail.

The Closer - You have an edge on your competition, towards the end of the season, for recruiting.

The Opener - You have an edge on your competition, at the beginning of the season, for recruiting.

Scouting - You have a knack for discovering some of the best high school talent in America

Royal Treatment - Your entire staff goes the extra mile to make sure prospects have great visits.

Game Management
    Setup Artist - Having greater success with run plays will setup the play action pass plays faster and visa versa.

OC Skill Tree

Air Traffic Control - Never underestimate the importance of solid receiving mechanics. Get your HB, FB, TE, and WRs catch ready for games.

DC Skill Tree

Recharge - Stay healthy, fatigue less quickly and prevent injuries. Perfect against Up-tempo teams

Charge - Your defense causes fits for the opposition with a tenacious pass rush

Road Closed - Your players get off their blocks quickly to stop the run

Shutdown - You develop players who can lock on to a WR and shut him down.
    Last edited by gschwendt; 05-28-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by volstopfan14 View Post
    In the pictures from the trailer, I'm only seeing 18 HC skills. There are 9 HC skills for game management and 9 HC skills for recruiting. Also 9 each for the OC and DC. Do you know what the other 9 HC skills are?
    To my knowledge there are not 9 other skills so I can only assume he must have been mistaken. Like you said, the video only shows 18 for HC and 9 apiece for Coordinators.

27 is the number I remember. I'll have to see if I can find my notes or something, but they're on my laptop at home.

Edit: Never mind for now.

Forgive me if it was clear in the video or any other source, but I'm wondering if the CPU coaches will have access to all of the bonuses/skills/etc. that the user(s) will have?

Quote Originally Posted by JSmith03 View Post
    Forgive me if it was clear in the video or any other source, but I'm wondering if the CPU coaches will have access to all of the bonuses/skills/etc. that the user(s) will have?
    Yes they will.

Also (and I think this was sort of alluded to or answered somewhere) but how much XP would user coach(es) start out with? Would we all be at zero? Would the user (or commish of an OD) be able to set how much XP or how many skills we can start with?

Also (and I think this was sort of alluded to or answered somewhere) but how much XP would user coach(es) start out with? Would we all be at zero? Would the user (or commish of an OD) be able to set how much XP or how many skills we can start with?
    A new created coach starts at 0, pre-existing coaches will have a set level that they're already at, same with coordinators.

A new created coach starts at 0, pre-existing coaches will have a set level that they're already at, same with coordinators.
    But, the commissioner can set the starting level for the OD... if you want everyone to start out at level 5 or level 99 (or whatever the max is), you can do that.

This would be a perfect place to change the progression system a little but. You could either have a coach skill where your players progress faster or have a whole tree dedicated to it where either you can earn ranks which make certain attributes progress or have ones where certain positions progress faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryhard Nation View Post
    This would be a perfect place to change the progression system a little but. You could either have a coach skill where your players progress faster or have a whole tree dedicated to it where either you can earn ranks which make certain attributes progress or have ones where certain positions progress faster.
    That's been my suggestion to them all along... make coach skills effect progression rather than on the field boosts. They indicated though that it would be hard to tune to account for all of the variables for progression... here's hoping it's something we see somewhere down the line.

That's been my suggestion to them all along... make coach skills effect progression rather than on the field boosts. They indicated though that it would be hard to tune to account for all of the variables for progression... here's hoping it's something we see somewhere down the line.
    Just wondering, what are the variables of progression?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryhard Nation View Post
    Just wondering, what are the variables of progression?
    I don't know specifics but to my understanding, each one is supposed to factor in at least a little... team prestige, coach prestige, playing time, awards, etc.

That may have changed over the years but at one time those each played a part.

Meaning Bama starts with a nightmare at coach

I've added a few more skill tree options to the post above...

HC - Royal Treatment, Setup Artist
    OC - Air Traffic Control
    DC - Shutdown

I don't know specifics but to my understanding, each one is supposed to factor in at least a little... team prestige, coach prestige, playing time, awards, etc.

That may have changed over the years but at one time those each played a part.
    And I assume that is the same for the upcoming year.

Here are some images relating to the new coaching contracts