Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: The Gaming Tailgate Podcast Ep. 26 - Interview with Dev Christian McLeod

  1. #1
    Administrator cdj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    12,881
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: cdj360 PSN ID: cdj Steam ID: cdjacobs cdj's OriginID: cdj

    The Gaming Tailgate Podcast Ep. 26 - Interview with Dev Christian McLeod

    In this episode of the TGT Podcast, cdj & gschwendt interview NCAA Football 14 designer Christian McLeod to discuss the new & improved presentation elements coming to the game.


    The Gaming Tailgate Podcast is also available on iTunes. Copy the following address into iTunes or any other RSS client that supports enclosures:
    http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...hp?forumids=39

    To submit show feedback, ask a question, or suggest a topic for a future show, e-mail the guys at podcast@thegamingtailgate.com or post your thoughts below.

    Listen to the show here or right click and save as:
    Last edited by cdj; 04-26-2013 at 07:09 AM.

  2. #2
    Administrator cdj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    12,881
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: cdj360 PSN ID: cdj Steam ID: cdjacobs cdj's OriginID: cdj

    The Gaming Tailgate Podcast Ep. 26 - Interview with Dev Christian McLeod


  3. #3
    Administrator gschwendt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    11,221
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: gschwendt
    Really good listen if I say so myself. Lots of details that even we weren't fully aware of that came out of the podcast.

  4. #4
    All-American Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dallas Metro
    Posts
    1,893
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Deuce1234
    Ya, I'm really liking the chatter. I think that will really add to the immersion factor. Small detail but I like the fact that you can now use player lock but keep the same camera angle...did I hear that correctly?

    One question...do you guys have any idea if they'll add a stadium sound for the 'hype video' when entering a game? Or does that kind of replace the runout cutscene from years past?

  5. #5
    Administrator cdj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    12,881
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: cdj360 PSN ID: cdj Steam ID: cdjacobs cdj's OriginID: cdj
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Ya, I'm really liking the chatter. I think that will really add to the immersion factor. Small detail but I like the fact that you can now use player lock but keep the same camera angle...did I hear that correctly?

    One question...do you guys have any idea if they'll add a stadium sound for the 'hype video' when entering a game? Or does that kind of replace the runout cutscene from years past?
    - That is correct. That was something we learned for the first time as he discussed it in the podcast.

    - They will not be. They have hired a composer to write numerous songs (& song types) to play during the pre-game opening, but there will not be a Stadium Sound event for it.

  6. #6
    All-American Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dallas Metro
    Posts
    1,893
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Deuce1234
    Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    - That is correct. That was something we learned for the first time as he discussed it in the podcast.

    - They will not be. They have hired a composer to write numerous songs (& song types) to play during the pre-game opening, but there will not be a Stadium Sound event for it.
    Thanks CDJ!

    Great interview btw...a lot of good/new info.

  7. #7
    Varsity LeeSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Grovetown, GA
    Posts
    235
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: GiantKiller229
    IIRC, in the podcast something was said about being able to schedule neutral site games anytime during the season right? One question I had about neutral site games is this: Are we only able to schedule the user controlled team for a NSG or will we have the ability to schedule the CPU to play in a NSG?

  8. #8
    Heisman souljahbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    6,685
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: souljahbill14 PSN ID: souljahbill Wii Code: 3329 - 8987 - 9492 - 9939
    Damn, that was an AWESOME interview! I was gonna wait to get '14 but now I'm back to Day 1 status.

  9. #9
    Administrator cdj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    12,881
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: cdj360 PSN ID: cdj Steam ID: cdjacobs cdj's OriginID: cdj
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeSO View Post
    IIRC, in the podcast something was said about being able to schedule neutral site games anytime during the season right? One question I had about neutral site games is this: Are we only able to schedule the user controlled team for a NSG or will we have the ability to schedule the CPU to play in a NSG?
    You can only move user-controlled teams into neutral site games, meaning your team in solo dynasty. Commish can set matchups via custom schedules in online dynasty.

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame SmoothPancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    16,441
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Smooth Pancakes PSN ID: SmoothPancakes Steam ID: smoothpancakes SmoothPancakes's OriginID: SmoothPancakes
    Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    You can only move user-controlled teams into neutral site games, meaning your team in solo dynasty. Commish can set matchups via custom schedules in online dynasty.
    I assume conference games are still locked and unchangeable?

  11. #11
    Booster steelerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    15,381
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: steelerfan1933 Steam ID: steelerfan1933
    Really great job, guys. Easily the best podcast yet (always better without JB). That was great to get Christian for that interview - he was fantastic and provided alot of great information and insight.

    Enviado de meu SAMSUNG SGH I997 usando o Tapatalk 2

  12. #12
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,250
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    You miss my sexy voice. Admit it.

    Posted With Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

  13. #13
    All-American Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dallas Metro
    Posts
    1,893
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Deuce1234
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    You miss my sexy voice. Admit it.

    Posted With Tapatalk
    http://youtu.be/39YUXIKrOFk

  14. #14
    Administrator cdj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    12,881
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: cdj360 PSN ID: cdj Steam ID: cdjacobs cdj's OriginID: cdj
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I assume conference games are still locked and unchangeable?
    You cannot change the team (and I assume not designated home team), but you can change your conference game locales to a NSG. (Or the commish can do it in an OD.)

  15. #15
    Heisman jaymo76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,089
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jaymo1976 PSN ID: jaymo12476
    Hopefully in the demo we will be able to play the different cams.

  16. #16
    Hall of Fame SmoothPancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    16,441
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Smooth Pancakes PSN ID: SmoothPancakes Steam ID: smoothpancakes SmoothPancakes's OriginID: SmoothPancakes
    Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    You cannot change the team (and I assume not designated home team), but you can change your conference game locales to a NSG. (Or the commish can do it in an OD.)
    Oh hell, that's good enough for me right there! I'm not worried about changing the team or designated home team, but being able to do an occasional NSG vs conference opponents is great!

  17. #17
    Freshman onikuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    48
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: onikuno
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Oh hell, that's good enough for me right there! I'm not worried about changing the team or designated home team, but being able to do an occasional NSG vs conference opponents is great!
    That is awesome. So when I make my 16 team Big 12 I can play OU at SMU in say, Cowboys Stadium, instead of their smaller stadium.

  18. #18
    Resident Lawyer of TGT CLW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    12,473
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: clw22580
    I'm interested in the impact players aspect. The way my offense usually works my impacts are almost inevitably going to turn into my QB and TE on offense and my MLB on defense.

  19. #19
    Varsity bjrod9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hondo,Tx
    Posts
    613
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: bjrod9
    The uniform packages that were purchased in Ncaa 13, Will they be updated in Ncaa 14 already? Or will they rollover in to 14? Not sure if​I am making sense.

  20. #20
    Varsity bjrod9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hondo,Tx
    Posts
    613
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: bjrod9
    Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Really good interview! This guy didn't hold back. You can hear the passion in his voice for his work.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •