Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Season Recruiting Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Ryan Johnson T (#22) [4star] 6'7 336lbs Bartow, FL

Johnson comes in as a raw talent but most of the scouts indicate that he has a good deal of potential. Not only does he give the Badgers a player that they can develop, but it also helps the maintain their pipeline into the state of Florida. He chose Wisconsin over late interest from Texas.
    Last edited by gschwendt; 08-09-2010 at 10:11 AM.

9 recruits committed, 8 more to go. I think this is gonna be a good class for Tech.

i think we will all be disappointed in the 3* players, but next year the 3*s will be better do to the tuner patch...ive already seen a crop of 3*s in another OD and they were 99% dog shit

ii avoided taking any this year since i am taking a small class, but next year it will be important as i will lose a bit more and it will be unrealistic imo to sign 17 or 18 4 and 5 *S

I only have a few [4star] recruits, but I got one from the top 150. The rest of my recruits are [3star] and down. I'm stuck with a [1star] kicker for the next 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    I'm stuck with a [1star] kicker for the next 4 years.
    Haha, I'm certain I'll have a 1-star punter signed during offseason

How the heck did Bill Sykes soft commit to us two weeks ago and turn around and then this week when I expected him to commit say "no thanks" to put us in third and commit to Michigan??

My recruiting class right now is a 4* WR, a 3* RB (sub-4.4 40 - if it's who I think it is), a 3* TE

Because last week I got a x2 on him and racked up +1000 and beat a top 5 Penn State team 42-7. I was only 40 points behind you going into last week.

You gotta win those big games.
    Last edited by Oneback; 08-10-2010 at 09:09 AM.

OK every thread I turn to has mention of the let down in Happy Valley. This game is circled for the upcoming year, when the Lions visit Ann Arbor and take on the hated Michigan Wolverines.

I feel ya, Snoop....straight dishin out BULLETIN board material!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa LoneStar View Post
    I feel ya, Snoop....straight dishin out BULLETIN board material!
    I see what side your taking....I won't post up what you wanted me to make the Dynasty Wire title.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    OK every thread I turn to has mention of the let down in Happy Valley. This game is circled for the upcoming year, when the Lions visit Ann Arbor and take on the hated Michigan Wolverines.
    Michigan welcomes the challenge. I told you I wasn't going to start trash talking until after I beat someone.

Well Snoop, when you get handled like that it deserves to be posted.

Michigan Ink's Two More:

Terrence Fine - TE #31
    Sweetwater, FL
    6'5'' 216 LBS
    3 - Star

Ratings:

Speed C+, Acceleration B-, Catching C, Catch In Traffic B-, Route Running C, Run Block Strength C

Evaluation:

Fine is a kid who displays the tools to be a well-rounded and productive tight end. He is a kid with good height though he will need to add more bulk to his frame which he should be able to do with time in a college weight program. He has experience playing from an in-line position and does a good job of being able to fairly quickly get out of his stance and into his route. He can display good hands and seems to try and catch the ball away from his body and bring it in when possible. He does a good job of tracking the ball and being able to make the over-the-shoulder grab. He displays solid straight-line speed. He will take a hit to make the catch. After the catch does not display a great ability to make defenders miss, but will battle for yards. He can be a physical and tough blocker. Delivers a good initial pop and will get hands on, but he will need to be sure to get good placement and also keep his pads down. Flashes the ability to quickly get up to second level and get a piece of moving targets. Fine is a kid who displays the tools to contribute some as receiver and blocker and should develop into a solid well-rounded college tight end.

Eddie Long - CB #70
    Hayward, CA
    6'0'' 160 LBS
    3 - Star

Ratings:

Speed B+, Acceleration B, Agility B-, Man Coverage C, Zone Coverage C-, Press B-, Catching C-, Play Recognition C-, Pursuit C+, Jumping B, Hit Power C+

Evaluation:

Long is a good sized cornerback prospect with some upside and scheme versatility when projecting for the college level. Tall with good length but is lean and will need to add some size and strength before making a major contribution at the next level. Shows some rigidness in his hips and turns but may be athletic and aggressive enough to play corner to start his career in Cover 2 schemes. Reads the quarterback well and shows solid underneath skill-set breaking on the perimeter pass. Displays more than adequate quickness jumping routes and physicality jamming and limiting yards after the catch. Utilizes his length to cover a lot of ground on his underneath run support and flashes good contact as a tackler. Needs to work on wrapping up more consistently instead of lunging as well as improving upper-body strength to shed the stalk-block quicker. As a deep zone defender he shows good range, coverage awareness and ball skills. Those attributes as well as his ability to get down into the box quickly on run support when deployed as a high-point defender make safety a good possibility if he adds the necessary size. Our main concern at corner or safety is his lack of great speed and smooth transitional skills. Does show the ability to flip his hips in man schemes and stay between the ball and receiver but we do not see great overall man-to-man ability at the next level without over the top help. Needs some overall polish in his footwork, consistent hip sink and knee bend. Overall, Long is a productive defensive back prospect whose best football is ahead of him. Versatile, rangy, aggressive and comfortable around the ball, just lacks some sought-after speed and smoothness.

Jake Jones DT (#17) [4star] Punta Gorda, FL 6'2 301lbs

It was a two team battle for the sunshine state prospect from minute one between Florida and Florida State, after a week 10 visit Jake pulled the trigger for the Noles.
    Power Moves: B+
    Finesse Moves: B-
    Blk Shd: B-
    Prst: B
    Spd: D+
    ACC: C

Nick Moore OT (#16) [4star] Crossett, AR 6'8 291 lbs

Nick chose FSU over Nebraska, LSU, and UL Lafayette *lol*

He is the 3rd tackle prospect of the class and will be in a battle with the other 2 to decide who moves inside.
    RB C+
    PB C+
    RBF B
    RBS B
    PBF C+
    PBS B-

Wisconsin signs two recruits this week.

DT Dan Carter [3star] 6'1 286lbs Cutlerville, MI

Carter chose the Badgers over Notre Dame and Oregon.

CB Chance Callahan [4star] [espnu150] 6'1 199lbs Waggaman, LA

Chance's speed may hold him back for a year or two but most recruiting sites have claimed that he's a raw talent and can only improve. With his already developed coverage skills, look for Chance to make an impact early in his career for the Badgers. Callahan chose Wisconsin over offers from Texas A&M Auburn, and Western Kentucky.

[4star]
    DT Carlos Davis
    6'4
    287 lbs
    Hawthorne, NJ

Davis chose the Hokies over West Va. and Nebraska

[3star]
    OLB Kyle West
    6'5
    204 lbs
    Punta Gorda, FL

West chose the Hokies over Indiana and USF
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 08-13-2010 at 01:11 PM.

Guard Mike Daniels
    * Height: 6'1"
    * Weight: 264 lbs
    * Hometown: Hanford, CA
    * Tendency: Pass Block

Pass Block C+ Run Block C Pass Block Strength C- Pass Block Footwork C- Run Block Footwork B+ Run Block Foot Strength C+
    Impact Blocking C+

Chose USC over Oregon, Florida and Oklahoma.

Michigan signs another:

Logan Cooper - OT #26
    Bellair, FL
    6'4'' 309 LBS
    3 - Star

Ratings:

Speed C, Acceleration A, Strength B, Run Block Footwork C, Run Block Strength C, Pass Block Footwork C+, Pass Block Strength C+

Evaluation:

Cooper is an explosive run blocker with the playing strength to dominate opponents. Has the size and athleticism for the offensive tackle position at the major level of competition. Shows good flexibility, balance and agility; from a two point stance; this prospect comes off the ball low and hard with the explosion necessary to knock defenders off the line of scrimmage. Demonstrates very good initial fit and pad level; his base and leg drive allow him to sustain blocks very well; displays the athleticism to get a hat on active 1st and 2nd level defenders. This guy has the tools necessary to make all the run blocks at the next level of play. His nimble feet and quick hands will be assets in pass protection; demonstrates the ability to quick set, slide his feet and stay in front of rushers. We like his upper body playing strength as it relates to initial punch; has the strength to shock defenders and stop them cold. His location and extension will need refinement. We see the tough aggressive finishing attitude necessary for success as an offensive lineman at the BCS level of play; flashes a bit of a nasty attitude that we would like to see more of. Depending on his progress in pass protection, Cooper could see early playing time if a red shirt year is not deemed necessary.

[3star] WR Justin Payne 6'0 191lbs Suffolk, VA
    Payne was an under-the-radar recruit who didn't receive any real attention until after the top prospects were already signed. Despite that, he comes in with already developed talent which could have him seeing playing time as a true freshman in Madison. As well, Virginia Tech lets one slide out of their borders as the Badgers sign Payne regardless of attention from the Hokies as well as Notre Dame.

Mark Garcia (né Shannon Jenkins)
    #? QB, 3-star JUCO
    Cicero, IL
    6'2" 220 lbs
    Balanced
    B- THP | C- THA | C- SPD

Vaness Provitt (né Edward Whitlock)
    #? WR, 3-star
    Aurora, OH
    6'7" 181 lbs
    Balanced
    B- SPD | B- BTK | C- CIT

Nice pickup G. Finding a 3-star WR that can actually catch is rare.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud