Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blogs This Year

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Must...stay...strong...keep...low...expectations.. .ugh!
    I don't think you need to have low expectations, but I think people need to avoid guessing too much on unannounced features (keeps them from an open mind when feature is announced and may even disappoint them if feature is unrelated to guess, no matter how cool it is) and routinely review all of the game's features.

Basically, pretend it's December 2009 and you were told that NCAA 11 would have this list of features & improvements - would you be pleased? Would you take it? I think sometimes leading up to a game's release people overlook what's been announced and keep hitching their wagon to unannounced aspects, basically overlooking and forgetting what's been announced prior which leads to them downplaying additions.

sweet... thats exciting... to be here from the ground up... nice

"E"

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I don't think you need to have low expectations, but I think people need to avoid guessing too much on unannounced features (keeps them from an open mind when feature is announced and may even disappoint them if feature is unrelated to guess, no matter how cool it is) and routinely review all of the game's features.

Basically, pretend it's December 2009 and you were told that NCAA 11 would have this list of features & improvements - would you be pleased? Would you take it? I think sometimes leading up to a game's release people overlook what's been announced and keep hitching their wagon to unannounced aspects, basically overlooking and forgetting what's been announced prior which leads to them downplaying additions.
    I understand what you are saying but my low expectations are simply about wanting to be surprised by how good the game is this year. Its not a knock on EA or the features list. To me, there is nothing worse than high expectations only to be disappointed. I actually try to avoid good reviews of movies, music, games, etc...I get sucked in to all the hype and I end up being disappointed b/c they are less than perfect, which isn't fair to the movie, music, or game.

Basically I'm playing head games with myself.

I understand what you are saying but my low expectations are simply about wanting to be surprised by how good the game is this year. Its not a knock on EA or the features list. To me, there is nothing worse than high expectations only to be disappointed. I actually try to avoid good reviews of movies, music, games, etc...I get sucked in to all the hype and I end up being disappointed b/c they are less than perfect, which isn't fair to the movie, music, or game.

Basically I'm playing head games with myself.
    I understand you completely. I probably shouldn't have put so many "You's" in my post as I meant them to be generic, not specific.

That's a good attitude to have though - don't get too high or hyped. I've had many games, movies, TV shows, etc. ruined by my own high expectations. It's never fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOLxCOACH View Post
    so... i havent paid attention... you guys are done totally with Utopia or...? what? im a little ...

"E"
    Yep 110% done. As we have built this for the focus and direction that we want to take things. No matter how much they want to say that is their focus now...it wasn't, else we wouldn't have left.

Nope, just certain people want to instill you to have low expectations.

To echo Deuce, cdj, it's not that we want to have low expectations, we're just following the "low expectations means you're always pleasantly surprised" line of thinking. The lower expectations, the more impressed we'll be with the final product. At least in theory that's how it would work.

For example, Pregame Entrances. My level of expectation when I first thought of the feature was essentially a rehash of last-gen. They have surpassed that and beyond. To the point that I'm not even bothered by the fact that Ohio State's is likely to be completely wrong, based on what I've seen and read.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yep 110% done. As we have built this for the focus and direction that we want to take things. No matter how much they want to say that is their focus now...it wasn't, else we wouldn't have left.

Nope, just certain people want to instill you to have low expectations.
    You in particular got straight disrespected man. Very uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    You in particular got straight disrespected man. Very uncool.
    What do ya mean man? Or do you mean you as in CDJ, Tommy, and I as a whole?

I've had movies ruined by my own high expectations.
    Yep. I rarely watch movies. It's just not something I do. I wanted to see The Hangover since it was in theaters, just never bothered. Well, I finally watched it last weekend and it was no where near what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Yep. I rarely watch movies. It's just not something I do. I wanted to see The Hangover since it was in theaters, just never bothered. Well, I finally watched it last weekend and it was no where near what I expected.
    not to take this too far off-topic, this is why I go see movies/get games when they come out, before I hear everyone hype it up and make it out to be the best thing ever (the hangover is a good example of that...)

Quote Originally Posted by Schauwn View Post
    (the hangover is a good example of that...)
    what?! even my wife thought that movie was hilarious... lol

now, the movie paranormal activity, was fail

Quote Originally Posted by Schauwn View Post
    not to take this too far off-topic
    ive contributed against your efforts... sorry =)

"E"

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    The Hangover is a perfect example. I should have loved that movie b/c it appeals to my low brow sense of humor. But my wife, who saw it before me, built it way up and I ended up thinking it was just ok. I'm going to watch it again sometime soon and I bet I'll end up loving it this time around b/c my expectations are back down to 'normal'.

The Hangover is a perfect example. I should have loved that movie b/c it appeals to my low brow sense of humor. But my wife, who saw it before me, built it way up and I ended up thinking it was just ok. I'm going to watch it again sometime soon and I bet I'll end up loving it this time around b/c my expectations are back down to 'normal'.
    Couldn't agree more... Went in after hearing from everyone that it was the BEST MOVIE ever & came out disappointed because I thought it was funny but nowhere near the best ever!

Anyway.... So, how bout them blogs? JB how about another generic tease to get us back on track?!?!

I wonder if we'll get a blog tomorrow. I'm anxious to hear what's changed for Teambuilder.

I'm expecting another blog tomorrow, around when I leave work.

That said, I just looked at the recent pattern, and it's following a Tuesday/next Friday pattern. The 30th, 4th, 14th, 18th. If said pattern continues, it'll be another week before a new blog.

Now I'm really hoping for tomorrow
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    Couldn't agree more... Went in after hearing from everyone that it was the BEST MOVIE ever & came out disappointed because I thought it was funny but nowhere near the best ever!

Anyway.... So, how bout them blogs? JB how about another generic tease to get us back on track?!?!
    You're requesting teases now? LOL --- Well (honestly) I'm not sure what blogs two and three are going to be of.....I just know something that has not been announced yet that made us at the community day say....WOW didn't really think of that.

It's gotta be dreads!

It's gotta be dreads!
    Or the return of The Ice Machine!

I was actually thinkin you might just give us something more generic to help us get back on topic from the hangover. Something like: "You're gonna be pumped, it's amazing!" lol but I'll take that

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    You're requesting teases now? LOL --- Well (honestly) I'm not sure what blogs two and three are going to be of.....I just know something that has not been announced yet that made us at the community day say....WOW didn't really think of that.
    now I have to start thinking outside the box.........Great