Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Blogs This Year

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by rhombic21 View Post
    I don't like the sound of this. Honestly, there are so many things that have been mentioned ad-nauseum on wishlists that need to be added to the game that I'm not crazy about them going and adding something that nobody has asked for. Nobody asked for season showdown, and that feature was essentially a complete waste of time and energy. I have a hard time believing that something so far out of the box that nobody has asked for it yet is going to be a feature that will turn out to be all that great, compared to other things that will get left out.
    On the same token from a marketing standpoint, and from a standpoint of capturing the casual gamer....these type of things (successful or flops) have to be implemented in a new game. And don't forget...without Season Showdown...what we're still waiting to hear about would not exist.

The fact that it builds on Season Showdown, is geared towards casual gamers, and is apparently so far "out of the box" that it's literally never been asked for is even more evidence that it's probably not going to be something that I'm all that interested in. I just hope it doesn't fuck up the other parts of the game, like many of EA's previous "features" have done.

The fact that it builds on Season Showdown, is geared towards casual gamers, and is apparently so far "out of the box" that it's literally never been asked for is even more evidence that it's probably not going to be something that I'm all that interested in. I just hope it doesn't fuck up the other parts of the game, like many of EA's previous "features" have done.
    I never said it "builds" on Season Showdown. I just said without Season Showdown, this new unannounced feature wouldn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I'm starting to think the addition of tracking dynasty stats, box scores and highlights from your PC may be a feature. I mentioned this earlier and how 2K did a great job of this with MLB 2K10 (I think they may have it in their other sports games as well). You can check out my Detroit Tigers dynasty including video highlights as an example. http://community.2ksports.com/commun...blogid=1003056 It gives a lot of great info (not everything) and requires little work. Very neat.
    Other than than improvements to core gameplay, this has been at the top of my wishlist for years. With all the time I spend inputting this information by hand now, I could probably play twice as many games. That 2k looks like a good amount of information. Thanks for sharing.

cough**scouting**cough

I have a hard time believing that something so far out of the box that nobody has asked for it yet is going to be a feature that will turn out to be all that great, compared to other things that will get left out.
    Well, I don't think anybody's gone back and researched whether or not it had ever been thought of. It's just what I've heard.

I would not at all be shocked if it was something I had put on a wishlist at one point. I've been known for asking for some things no one else has.
    The fact that it builds on Season Showdown, is geared towards casual gamers, and is apparently so far "out of the box" that it's literally never been asked for is even more evidence that it's probably not going to be something that I'm all that interested in.
    He didn't say it was geared toward the casual gamer. Marketing new, attention grabbing features are essential to getting sales from the casual gamer. That's what JB's talking about.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 06-01-2010 at 09:34 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by Coachdenz View Post
    cough**scouting**cough
    I hope this was based on an article and not just a guess ... 'cause ... heh, you should play Vegas.

VIP (as in 2k's VIP bio feature) for EA games ... drool ... http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...more=fullstory

( Okay, so it's not going to be exactly like VIP ... and the monetary system sucks ... but hey, it's still a darn good step in the right direction )
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 06-01-2010 at 10:04 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Well, I don't think anybody's gone back and researched whether or not it had ever been thought of. It's just what I've heard.

I would not at all be shocked if it was something I had put on a wishlist at one point. I've been known for asking for some things no one else has.
    He didn't say it was geared toward the casual gamer. Marketing new, attention grabbing features are essential to getting sales from the casual gamer. That's what JB's talking about.
    Yeah .... Season Showdown (back of the box feature to capture the casual gamer)
    Unannounced feature (is possible thanks to Season Showdown)

1) I doubt that season showdown was successful in capturing very many casual gamers.

2) Based on the fact that it's reliant on season showdown, there is very little that this unannounced feature is going to be able to do, from my standpoint. About the best that we might get is some kind of scouting type feature that builds a user profile of you (and other players online), and even that wouldn't be all that impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    On the same token from a marketing standpoint, and from a standpoint of capturing the casual gamer....these type of things (successful or flops) have to be implemented in a new game. And don't forget...without Season Showdown...what we're still waiting to hear about would not exist.
    1) I doubt that season showdown was successful in capturing very many casual gamers.

2) Based on the fact that it's reliant on season showdown, there is very little that this unannounced feature is going to be able to do, from my standpoint. About the best that we might get is some kind of scouting type feature that builds a user profile of you (and other players online), and even that wouldn't be all that impressive.
    Like I said on the above quote, not all ideas are successes.

The aspect is successful based on the tech and experiences learned from SS, it's not SS 2.0 or even related to it. Let's just leave it at that - that's the point JB was trying to make.
    Last edited by cdj; 06-01-2010 at 11:16 PM.