• 500+ New Vignettes

5 17.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: EA SPORTS: NCAA Football 14 Playbook 2 - Presentation

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by OSUCowboyofMD View Post
    Hopefully they can add The Edward Jones Dome and Chiefs Stadium next year too
    And Seahawks Stadium for WSU's annual Seattle Week "home" game

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Linemen can make calls to alert potential blitzers
    is this user driven? or is it some random chatter thats called out? also, do linemen always guess right in identifying a blitzer or do they guess wrong resulting in pass protections getting screwed up?

I also noticed in this pic thst the Texas fans are on the wrong side of the Cotton Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by OSUCowboyofMD View Post
    I also noticed in this pic thst the Texas fans are on the wrong side of the Cotton Bowl
    Oh god...PLEASE don't be true. That has been SO ANNOYING. The fans flip flop every year in dynasty instead of staying in the proper side of the stadium. THIS IS NOT HARD! Is it too late to tell them to not screw this up?

can they at least bring back crowd meter in just rivarly games? Thats where the crowds are the most loudest.

Game is looking much better with the more screen shots and updated stuff .

Would anyone know if the stadium expansion for Mississippi State will be in this years game?

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    I was really hoping to get a fresh, new announce crew besides Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. I thought Nessler moved to the NFL Network to do the Thursday Night NFL games.
    The thing is, when did Kirk and Brad ever announce together? The answer is never. As far back as I can remember, it was Nessler and Gary Danielsen, then him and Bob Griese for a long time, and now he's with Todd Blackledge(?). Herbstreit and Musberger currently announce together the ESPN Game of the Week i.e. College Gameday site (generally). Nessler never worked with Herbie. Danielsen is now with Lundquist on CBS doing SEC games since the mid-2000's.

If they're going to think about adding new announcers, they should think about adding conference network affiliates. Gus Johnson and Charles Davis on FOX? Lundquist and Danielsen on CBS?

Or keep it ESPN/ABC, and add more: Rece Davis with Pollack and Jesse Palmer on ESPN? Tessitore and Rod Gilmore? Sean McDonough and Chris Spielman?

Adding teams will keep it fresh, and the commentary won't be as redundant having different teams call your game according to your record and national ranking. This could also go hand-in-hand with the recruiting pitches: TV exposure and such.
    Last edited by TIMB0B; 04-20-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMB0B View Post
    The thing is, when did Kirk and Brad ever announce together? The answer is never. As far back as I can remember, it was Nessler and Gary Danielsen, then him and Bob Griese for a long time, and now he's with Todd Blackledge(?). Herbstreit and Musberger currently announce together the ESPN Game of the Week i.e. College Gameday site (generally). Nessler never worked with Herbie. Danielsen is now with Lundquist on CBS doing SEC games since the mid-2000's.

If they're going to think about adding new announcers, they should think about adding conference network affiliates. Gus Johnson and Charles Davis on FOX? Lundquist and Danielsen on CBS?

Or keep it ESPN/ABC, and add more: Rece Davis with Pollack and Jesse Palmer on ESPN? Tessitore and Rod Gilmore? Sean McDonough and Chris Spielman?

Adding teams will keep it fresh, and the commentary won't be as redundant having different teams call your game according to your record and national ranking. This could also go hand-in-hand with the recruiting pitches: TV exposure and such.
    Not sure what this has to do with what I said... but you quoted me?
    Last edited by Jayrah; 04-20-2013 at 02:54 AM.

There are also special storylines in store for the most dedicated Dynasty gamers. Some won’t become available until at least your 2nd year as a coach, while others take much more time to unlock.

I'm curious to see what this pertains to.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeSO View Post
    There are also special storylines in store for the most dedicated Dynasty gamers. Some won’t become available until at least your 2nd year as a coach, while others take much more time to unlock.

I'm curious to see what this pertains to.
    A lot of people won't get far enough in their dynasties to unlock these... but I WILL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Not sure what this has to do with what I said... but you quoted me?
    I quoted the wrong person. I don't know how, but I did. Oops.
    Last edited by TIMB0B; 04-20-2013 at 11:06 AM.

A lot of people won't get far enough in their dynasties to unlock these... but I WILL!
    I've only ever reached the threshold in Dyansty (60 years, if I recall correctly) once in all my years of playing NCAA football. I think that may change this year, with all of the stat overlays, player/team specific commentary, etc. It always started to feel stale after about 20-25 years for me.

I've only ever reached the threshold in Dyansty (60 years, if I recall correctly) once in all my years of playing NCAA football. I think that may change this year, with all of the stat overlays, player/team specific commentary, etc. It always started to feel stale after about 20-25 years for me.
    Holy biscuits... I was thinking more 10-15 seasons. We're about season 12 in our OD right now moving at a good clip. 60 seasons is craziness.

Like I said, I've only ever done that once. It was the Summer of my 7th grade year, I had nothing else to do, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Holy biscuits... I was thinking more 10-15 seasons. We're about season 12 in our OD right now moving at a good clip. 60 seasons is craziness.
    Christ, I'm only in season 5 during the Tulsa years of my coaching carousel career dynasty. Technically I'm in season 8 if I count my three years at FIU on NCAA '12. Between playing 9 minute quarters, typing up play and drive summaries of every single drive in the game to post in my dynasty thread, etc, it takes 3+ hours just to play a single game. During a busy week, if I'm lucky, maybe I can get two games in during a given week.

Granted, if I was just playing the game, wasn't doing a dynasty thread, wasn't keeping track of all the action for game recap posts, etc, I could probably pound out some games at a fairly quick rate, since I wouldn't have to spend so much extra time typing out what happened play by play, and could possibly be maybe around season 10 or 12 right now. No way in hell would I ever hit the 60 season limit in a single version, not playing on 9 minute quarters. I'd either have to be not working for a full year, or play only a single edition for two or three years, skipping every single edition after that one for those couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Christ, I'm only in season 5 during the Tulsa years of my coaching carousel career dynasty. Technically I'm in season 8 if I count my three years at FIU on NCAA '12. Between playing 9 minute quarters, typing up play and drive summaries of every single drive in the game to post in my dynasty thread, etc, it takes 3+ hours just to play a single game. During a busy week, if I'm lucky, maybe I can get two games in during a given week.

Granted, if I was just playing the game, wasn't doing a dynasty thread, wasn't keeping track of all the action for game recap posts, etc, I could probably pound out some games at a fairly quick rate, since I wouldn't have to spend so much extra time typing out what happened play by play, and could possibly be maybe around season 10 or 12 right now. No way in hell would I ever hit the 60 season limit in a single version, not playing on 9 minute quarters. I'd either have to be not working for a full year, or play only a single edition for two or three years, skipping every single edition after that one for those couple years.
    I was around 13-14 years old when I hit that 60 year mark. If I remember correctly, I probably only played 5-10 full games,lol. That was before I knew anything about the wonderful world of game settings, sliders, "cheesing", and all other competitive elements of the NCAA franchise.

I was around 13-14 years old when I hit that 60 year mark. If I remember correctly, I probably only played 5-10 full games,lol. That was before I knew anything about the wonderful world of game settings, sliders, "cheesing", and all other competitive elements of the NCAA franchise.
    im 13 now how old are u?

Quote Originally Posted by dhook27 View Post
    im 13 now how old are u?

back when winning 255-0 was fun. lol