4 13.79%
  • 500+ New Vignettes

5 17.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: EA SPORTS: NCAA Football 14 Playbook 2 - Presentation

• Facebook
  • Display
    I was really hoping to get a fresh, new announce crew besides Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. I thought Nessler moved to the NFL Network to do the Thursday Night NFL games.

I hope they fix the Navy unis. --> http://www.washingtontimes.com/multi...830&height=800

The pants and shoes. The pants changed in 2012 to match the new helmets and their "standard" cleats are blue and gold.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    I was really hoping to get a fresh, new announce crew besides Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. I thought Nessler moved to the NFL Network to do the Thursday Night NFL games.
    He still does college for ESPN on Saturday nights typically.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I do not know what kind of highlights (if any will appear), but Steve (from OS) had this in his hands-on time with the game from this week's Season Opener Event:

In the game I played, neither team got to the quarterback and recorded a sack. So during the halftime show, Reese mentioned that the pass rush has been totally negated. Reece then asks David what the defensive coordinator is telling his players at halftime to make adjustments in the 2nd half to get after the QB. David then talks about not only being able to sack the QB, but also getting pressure, rattle him a little bit, he made a joke about how defensive players were a little fat and the offense gets off the ball quicker.

It seems like the half time crew will lead off with Reese stating an obvious statistical observation and Pollack providing an answer as to how the teams will adjust. Hard to say, it could be more, and it could be even more when the Bowl games are played, but it was good to see highlights from the game, as they were talking and these were key plays in the game, not just an average play from a camera angle that didn't even make sense or was focused on the wrong player, etc.
    That will be a nice touch to it.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    He still does college for ESPN on Saturday nights typically.

Maybe next year we can get another group of announcers, I'm will NatureBoy on this one. While I do think Kirk and Brad should remain I'd like to see a second tandem as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    This is why I have never been a fan of things like this. I would rather the presentation elements be focused on providing more context both within each game, and within your season/dynasty. A few years back we're hyping these awesome custom pre-game entrances and now we're touting the fact that we're shortening them up. It's counter productive.
    I've always thought the pregame should be more 'highlight' oriented. What would be cool is if these pregame 'highlights' included plays that were recorded from previous games throughout the season and randomly thrown in. Maybe snapshot of a celebration and then a big catch in the end zone along with short snips of the run-out and warm ups. I LOVE that they've shortened up the intro. More importantly though, to your point, they can now take elements of all those pregame entrances and cut them up dynamically so that each game has a different element included and you don't get that stale pregame that we're used to.

Did any of CD guys experience different camera angles and if you did what did y'all think?

moving question to the Q&A Thread
    Last edited by Jayrah; 04-18-2013 at 06:37 PM.

Dang. What Jayrah said. Good questions.

Just a small add on question. Is there going to be volume control for the chatter? I'm pretty sure ill want all the on field stuff full blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Dang. What Jayrah said. Good questions.

Just a small add on question. Is there going to be volume control for the chatter? I'm pretty sure ill want all the on field stuff full blast.
    I was going to ask that but then just assumed (I know, WHY?) that there would be an added volume control for that.

Quote Originally Posted by d2721 View Post
    The pants and shoes. The pants changed in 2012 to match the new helmets and their "standard" cleats are blue and gold.
    Good questions. The change in pant color is slight (but does exist), so it may come down to if the school requested it.

Looking at pics, ND wore a couple different sets of adizero (I hope that's the right name ) cleats in 2012, so I'm going to guess they will have either White or Black cleats in-game, depending on uni combo. (Keep in mind that the Adidas cleats in-game are....off....so it's tough to get them accurate in matching what schools wear.)

Very few new uniforms were in the early March build, so I am not privy to what new threads will be in the game.

they're only bringing over 3 of the madden stadiums? thats a bummer.

and regarding the conversation on page 2, are the cutscenes the same as last year, or can you immediately skip over them?

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post

and regarding the conversation on page 2, are the cutscenes the same as last year, or can you immediately skip over them?
    I think the intent is to hold the button down to get rid of the cutscenes and studio updates. That way the button mashers like myself don't skip over them by accident.

I think they went with the NFL stadiums that are hosting/featuring NSGs in 2013 (or have for several years). Some that host bowls or CCGs are already in the game: Qualcomm (SDSU Stadium), Bank of America Stadium (ACC CG, Belk Bowl), Reliant Stadium (Meineke CCBOT), etc.

I do not know if there will be an 'anti-skip' mechanic. It was recommended in the past, but I do not know its status.

I think they went with the NFL stadiums that are hosting/featuring NSGs in 2013 (or have for several years). Some that host bowls or CCGs are already in the game: Qualcomm (SDSU Stadium), Bank of America Stadium (ACC CG, Belk Bowl), Reliant Stadium (Meineke CCBOT), etc.

I do not know if there will be an 'anti-skip' mechanic. It was recommended in the past, but I do not know its status.
    i would have thought they'd jump all over the microtransactions bandwagon and offer the madden stadiums as pdlc, just for this feature. but maybe there's some legal issue, idk. just seems like an obvious direction to go, instead of adding stadiums to the game disk.

as for skipping over the cutscenes, for me, they got old extremely quickly. i like to run a lightspeed paced air raid offense against the cpu, and in a game with 8 minute quarters, there were times where i'd get up to 72 passes in a game (only because of a shootout). if the cpu strings a couple of long drives together, there's roughly 120 or so offensive plays. with the average cutscene taking 2-3 seconds, at a minimum, thats about 5-7 minutes tacked on per game, just in cutscenes after plays....add in the studio updates and its even longer. it ruins the flow of the game, for me, anyways, as its always gameplay, movie, gameplay, movie, gameplay, movie, etc. i just want to play the game and not have all of the little flutter-crap distract me from whats happening.
    Last edited by baseballplyrmvp; 04-18-2013 at 10:17 PM.

i would have thought they'd jump all over the microtransactions bandwagon and offer the madden stadiums as pdlc, just for this feature. but maybe there's some legal issue, idk. just seems like an obvious direction to go, instead of adding stadiums to the game disk.
    I may be wrong, but I believe every NFL stadium has to be individually licensed to be in NCAA Football so they probably didn't want to add more than they felt necessary.

I think they still have to re-license them for NCAA.

I may be wrong, but I believe every NFL stadium has to be individually licensed to be in NCAA Football so they probably didn't want to add more than they felt necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I think they still have to re-license them for NCAA.

Hopefully they can add The Edward Jones Dome and Chiefs Stadium next year too