• 500+ New Vignettes

5 17.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EA SPORTS: NCAA Football 14 Playbook 2 - Presentation

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by tweety21 View Post
    Where any new playable camera's added this year?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Here is a Twitter conversation between a community member and the official EA NCAA Football account just 10 minutes ago:

@jpdavis1982 - @EANCAAFootball So does that mean we finally have more than just one camera angle to play with?????

EA NCAA Football - @jpdavis1982 :)

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Really stoked for this too. We really didn't get to see this in action as it is typically one of the last things that is completed.
    I like the sounds of it and the potential for it, but would love to see more. It harkens back a bit to NCAA of old where star players were featured so you could adjust to stop them......

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    That's a fair point about the menus as I did notice some lag but I guess it didn't bother me as badly as it did some. I always thought the 3D stuff was unnecessary. The main menu almost looks Windows 8ish to me. Was that the concept they were going for a tablet/smart phone like screen?
    Don't think that was their intent, their intent was to make things run as clean and smooth as possible. We don't need 36 pieces of flair on our menus...

We will see some of the new facemasks that were in Madden last year in NCAA 14?
    AKA

I am not sure if any new facemasks were added. I'll note your question and see if we can get an answer down the line if not disclosed by EA first.

BTW, thanks for posting!

Excellent, thank you! Go Skers!

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Another detail that makes a big impact is the inclusion of pre-play player chatter. Now, in addition to hearing the QB bark out audibles, you can listen in as defenders call out their adjustments. You might catch the center calling out the number of down linemen or the QB calling out the Mike Linebacker. Linemen can make calls to alert potential blitzers, and the defense will counter by calling out strength of formation. You may even hear the location of the tight end or which players the defense will be keying on. You’ll also hear players celebrating between whistles as they make game-changing plays like TDs and INTs.
    My question here is does any of this matter? If I call 34 Under and the defense calls out the offensive strength do they now align correctly? Can I now set a strongside and weakside linebacker? Or is all this just chatter to increase "presentation"?

I don't know how anyone else feels, but I like having the simple menu screens. It will stop the lagging that we had last year. Less is more to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave225 View Post
    I don't know how anyone else feels, but I like having the simple menu screens. It will stop the lagging that we had last year. Less is more to me.
    Fully agree. I don't need a laser light show to entertain me in the menus

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    This pic also provides the first look at the player fatigue meter. (Look under LE #93, bottom half of circle.)

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    This pic also provides the first look at the player fatigue meter. (Look under LE #93, bottom half of circle.)

So on this meter, is it the circle or is there a line meter just above the LE#93?

How will this work with the auto sub in/out? I realize you probably can't answer this one but thought I'd throw it out there so no one else needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety21 View Post
    Where any new playable camera's added this year?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Community event attendee Ronnie from TSO tweeted this a few moments ago:

"Just received confirmation that there will be multiple playable camera angles. More information to follow."

"It's not as big of a deal to most people, but there is another blog coming soon that will detail it out."

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    So on this meter, is it the circle or is there a line meter just above the LE#93?

How will this work with the auto sub in/out? I realize you probably can't answer this one but thought I'd throw it out there so no one else needed to.
    If you look at the picture above, it's the bottom part of the circle.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post

It will drain down, so that gray/pink area will go clear.

The second part is something I think that EA will have to clarify/address. I do not know exactly how auto sub in/out will work with the new fatigue meter and do not want to put any bad info out.

Thanks JB and CDJ!

Yeah I figured that second question may be a sticking point, any chance you guys could find out why at a certain percentage the player sub out/in would result in a player not being able to return to the game? I ask because I fear this combined with the new fatigue could trip things up if moved off of the default settings for that auto sub players out/in.

Here is a link to Game Informer's preview of presentation improvements. It does not add anything we did not learn from ESPN VG, Polygon, or EA so we did not publish it as its own article.

Did they adjust which buttons will cancel you out of studio updates/game tracks? I am admittedly a button masher as soon as the play ends I am tapping the X button to get through all of the post play player stumbling etc... That being said, the in game update stuff is something I would watch if I ever got to see it. I can honestly say that in 2-3 years I have seen a total of 2 updates/game tracks combined. I told them this was an issue 2 years ago. It needs to be a combination of buttons to cancel out of those or at the least a less commonly pressed button.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    Did they adjust which buttons will cancel you out of studio updates/game tracks? I am admittedly a button masher as soon as the play ends I am tapping the X button to get through all of the post play player stumbling etc... That being said, the in game update stuff is something I would watch if I ever got to see it. I can honestly say that in 2-3 years I have seen a total of 2 updates/game tracks combined. I told them this was an issue 2 years ago. It needs to be a combination of buttons to cancel out of those or at the least a less commonly pressed button.
    I too am I button smasher once a play ends, I hit X like crazy. I would watch more of this stuff if the button to cancel was triangle instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    Yeah, they should change it to /. EA (and damn near every game company) uses those to cancel actions or back out of menus. Carry it over into the game and use those buttons to skip the cutscenes and extras if you don't want to watch it. Don't use a major button like /.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    My question here is does any of this matter? If I call 34 Under and the defense calls out the offensive strength do they now align correctly? Can I now set a strongside and weakside linebacker? Or is all this just chatter to increase "presentation"?
    Only a guess that is just chatter to increase presentation but to look at it from a different angle it also now maybe provides a look that EA will give us the ability to make this switch/move pre-snap next year as this will be something that more casual fans will take notice to and help strengthen the need that this been in the game. Just my 2 cents.