Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GameZone: NCAA Football 14 replaces Big East with American Athletic Conference

• Facebook
  • Display

GameZone: NCAA Football 14 replaces Big East with American Athletic Conference

GameZone has confirmed that the Big East name and logo will no longer be utilized in NCAA Football 14 and replaced with the American Athletic Conference. While this is not a surprise, the relatively late name announcement had some wondering how it would be handled in-game.

EA's Brad Hilderbrand confirmed to me that the Big East name has been replaced with American, "their preferred shorthand name rather than AAC." Since the conference has yet to finalize their logo, EA is using the NCAA pennant as a placeholder; it will be updated once the official American conference logo is decided.

NCAA Football 14 will also be up-to-date with the latest conference realignments. Get ready because there's quite a few changes. Pitt and Syracuse will be moved to the ACC, while UCF, Houston, SMU, and Memphis are added to the American. Again, the American conference will be changed in next year's version as Rutgers and Louisville are set to leave the conference while it adds East Carolina, Tulane and Tulsa in 2014.

Meanwhile, FAU, FIU, MTSU La Tech, North Texas, and UTSA are now in Conference USA. Replacing those teams in the Sun Belt will be South Alabaman, Georgia State, and Texas State. Utah State and San Jose opted to join the Mountain West. Idaho New Mexico State and Old Dominion are now Independents. Lastly, the WAC has been removed entirely as that conference no longer plays football.

Click here to read the entire article from GameZone.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...tic-Conference

Sweet! I was hoping that they would have enough time to get the switch made in-game. And excellent! With all those changes already made in game, I'll have only a handful of further changes to make to get everything accurate to the 2020 season in my coaching career dynasty when I fire up '14.

Did they fix the "issue" regarding being force to have at least 1 Indy; etc...?

I'm sure most of us will want to continue on with custom conferences but it became a pain to try to make all of the moving parts work due to the limitations of the Indy as well as minimum teams in a conference etc...

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Did they fix the "issue" regarding being force to have at least 1 Indy; etc...?

I'm sure most of us will want to continue on with custom conferences but it became a pain to try to make all of the moving parts work due to the limitations of the Indy as well as minimum teams in a conference etc...
    I would imagine. Which is fine. We get three new schools this year, the WAC is FINALLY dead and gone, that will definitely help matters. As for me, I keep Notre Dame an Indy anyways, so I have no problems there.

if they can do this you can bet they will have the playoff after a year in a dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by dhook27 View Post
    if they can do this you can bet they will have the playoff after a year in a dynasty
    Uh, yeah, I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

So did I read that right? After the first year is completed, Louisville will be moved to the ACC automatically in the game without me having to move them?

Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    So did I read that right? After the first year is completed, Louisville will be moved to the ACC automatically in the game without me having to move them?

Sweet!
    No, they were just saying, there will still be more moves to be made in NCAA '15 with the bunch of changes still to take place in real life in 2014, but you'll have to manually move them yourself like you do right now. They won't be moved by EA until NCAA '15.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    No, they were just saying, there will still be more moves to be made in NCAA '15 with the bunch of changes still to take place in real life in 2014, but you'll have to manually move them yourself like you do right now. They won't be moved by EA until NCAA '15.
    Oh ok....lol...

It's Monday and I had a hectic day at work. I'm just glad I could find my way home tonight...LOL

Thanks for the clarification.

Again, nobody knows how this is going to work still. There's no way playoffs make it into 14 because there's no way to properly implement it in game without knowledge of how it will occur IRL. Also, they'll have to totally reprogram the code for it, so there's no way to implement both systems in one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Again, nobody knows how this is going to work still. There's no way playoffs make it into 14 because there's no way to properly implement it in game without knowledge of how it will occur IRL. Also, they'll have to totally reprogram the code for it, so there's no way to implement both systems in one game.
    way to rain on my parade LOl

Oh ok....lol...

It's Monday and I had a hectic day at work. I'm just glad I could find my way home tonight...LOL

Thanks for the clarification.
    Lol, I know that feeling VERY well. Always happy to help! Any other questions, feel free to ask and someone will help you out and answer them for you.

way to rain on my parade LOl
    Maybe, but he's just being honest. The only way it would ever show up this year would be if the NCAA team went rogue and made up their own system. Until then, we're not going to see a playoff until NCAA '15 at the absolute earliest. The NCAA themselves still have no clue on how the hell they gonna pull off a playoff. Depending on when exactly the NCAA gets all this crap figured out, honestly, it very well could even be NCAA '16 before we'd see a playoff in the game, if the NCAA takes until late spring/early summer of next year to finalize the details of the playoff system.

Maybe, but he's just being honest. The only way it would ever show up this year would be if the NCAA team went rogue and made up their own system. Until then, we're not going to see a playoff until NCAA '15 at the absolute earliest. The NCAA themselves still have no clue on how the hell they gonna pull off a playoff. Depending on when exactly the NCAA gets all this crap figured out, honestly, it very well could even be NCAA '16 before we'd see a playoff in the game, if the NCAA takes until late spring/early summer of next year to finalize the details of the playoff system.
    sadly the NCAA series might not be around in 16 because of all this crap with the lawsuits

Lol, I know that feeling VERY well. Always happy to help! Any other questions, feel free to ask and someone will help you out and answer them for you.
    Will do....thanks again.

Very friendly forum and community. Good to see a place where differing opinions are met with objectivity and respect and are discussed maturely.

sadly the NCAA series might not be around in 16 because of all this crap with the lawsuits
    All we can do is wait and find out unfortunately.

Will do....thanks again.

Very friendly forum and community. Good to see a place where differing opinions are met with objectivity and respect and are discussed maturely.
    Yep, part of the reason I love this place. Many of us will always disagree with things in the game, just look at the discussion regarding stuff like facemasks and socks. But, we can still keep it respectful and mature.

All we can do is wait and find out unfortunately.

Yep, part of the reason I love this place. Many of us will always disagree with things in the game, just look at the discussion regarding stuff like facemasks and socks. But, we can still keep it respectful and mature.
    Yeah...its nice to be allowed to discuss opinions.

Not to mention they close every thread with constructive criticism

Don't we have a gentleman's understanding here not to discuss other forums and their policies?

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Don't we have a gentleman's understanding here not to discuss other forums and their policies?
    Do we? I honestly can't remember.