Thread: Anybody miss player disipline?

• Facebook
  • Display

Anybody miss player disipline?

I really miss player discipline it could actually make recruiting a bit harder hopefully they put in next- gen since it is highy doubtful they would put it in this years game.

Yeah it was a pretty good feature and considering Tattoo U; The U; UNCheat; etc.... it would make for a FINE addition but noway it ever comes back to the game.

as an OSU fan at 13 i know our history u forget USC. In last gen USC would always get probation it would be so fucking hillarious because USC would get almost every time there probation was done in dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Yeah it was a pretty good feature and considering Tattoo U; The U; UNCheat; etc.... it would make for a FINE addition but noway it ever comes back to the game.
    why would it NEVER come back?

Quote Originally Posted by dhook27 View Post
    why would it NEVER come back?
    B/c the NCAA is into good PR with its products and I hardly think the NCAA wants anything to be associated with pedophilia; free tattoos; fake classes/majors; etc... they have enough PR/image problems right now without one of their own products reminding people that the inmates are running the show now.

I like the idea of it, but unfortunately, the way they implemented it in the last-gen games, it was a steaming pile of shit. You had to designate points between recruiting, training and discipline. So you were screwed regardless in something. You either didn't have enough points to recruit all year, you couldn't train your players in the off-season, or you didn't have enough discipline points, and the game threw violations at you seemingly every damn week, so that you ended up on probation or hit with sanction before you were even done with your first damn season.

And the violations were so stupid. You got a violation and had to use a bunch of your very little discipline points for something minor and stupid like a player missing class. And, again, it happened damn near every week. So even if you threw 2/3rds of your points into discipline (screwing over recruiting and training in the process), you still ran out of discipline points and ended up in danger of sanctions by the end of the season.

By far, one of the worst implementations of an addition to the NCAA Football game.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I like the idea of it, but unfortunately, the way they implemented it in the last-gen games, it was a steaming pile of shit. You had to designate points between recruiting, training and discipline. So you were screwed regardless in something. You either didn't have enough points to recruit all year, you couldn't train your players in the off-season, or you didn't have enough discipline points, and the game threw violations at you seemingly every damn week, so that you ended up on probation or hit with sanction before you were even done with your first damn season.

And the violations were so stupid. You got a violation and had to use a bunch of your very little discipline points for something minor and stupid like a player missing class. And, again, it happened damn near every week. So even if you threw 2/3rds of your points into discipline (screwing over recruiting and training in the process), you still ran out of discipline points and ended up in danger of sanctions by the end of the season.

By far, one of the worst implementations of an addition to the NCAA Football game.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I like the idea of it, but unfortunately, the way they implemented it in the last-gen games, it was a steaming pile of shit.

Sums up my take on the discipline system EA Tiburon added last gen. Beyond ridiculous that you had to allocate a budget for discipline. It should have been as simple as do you want to punish player A for cheating or not? If yes, how much from a quarter to a whole season without it taking away from any imaginary discipline point total. If no, prepare to have some kind of penalty for running an undisciplined program. Simply put disciplinary action would not be restricted to a ridiculous discipline budget.

Yep as previously stated, the NCAA won't allow it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

I missed it too. The old discipline system was great except for the points. You should have been allowed to discipline as much as you want. Then get a reputation as a hard ass and have it hurt recruiting a bit.

I would like to see it come back but not in the manner it was on the PS2/Xbox. As Smoothpancake pointed out, it was atrocious in how it was implemented. If done correctly it would add a dimension to Dynasty/recruiting that is a very factor in real life.

But as others have stated, I highly doubt the NCAA would all them to put it into the game.

But.... It's not coming back

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    But.... It's not coming back
    ok

... or is it??? ...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    ... or is it??? ...
    As long as they aren't playing "pick up the soap in the shower" mini-games I wouldn't think it would be too bad. At least have grades, skipping class and other things that would be innocent enough.