Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 14 Pre-Release Q&A: Gameplay

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    The blog said something about an energy metre on the player? Is that shown during the play or before the play?
    If your players energy is low there will be a little "G" will under your player... Oops wrong game.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    i want to see o-linemen driving defensive players back. movement is what i'm asking for. line interactions are not a static shoving match.
    I would love to see this. The line interaction is still not that far removed from Tecmo. 2K4 had DL interaction better and more control over the DL moves. This area needs a massive upgrade. Considering that a lot of people like to play as DL you would think EA would spend more time making it more interesting. I only play as a DL on 3rd and long most of the time and that gets boring for me.

G, in past iterations I haven't really noticed an explosive athlete being super explosive at the point of attack. I'm assuming a guy like DeAnthony Thomas of Oregon now (finally) has "elite" capability in this game if his burst is used correctly? In the gameplay vid it shows him explode through a hole in a blink and he's off to the races. I really feel like there are not quite that many players in college football with his burst and speed all in one package, but in years past there are a LOT of players who could make it look like they were the same speed and such.

I guess my question is, is a DeAnthony Thomas' speed and burst a rarity where it feels like he's the fastest guy on the field? I know you can't speak on dynasty yet but my hope is that those athletes are more rare than in the past. A guy like that should impact an entire conference by being the fastest guy, and you should feel like he's the fastest guy you face. Right now as you get into the dynasty it kinda feels like there's one or two of those players per team. Way too many 99/97 players.

Also, defensively will there be a speed burst as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    G, in past iterations I haven't really noticed an explosive athlete being super explosive at the point of attack. I'm assuming a guy like DeAnthony Thomas of Oregon now (finally) has "elite" capability in this game if his burst is used correctly? In the gameplay vid it shows him explode through a hole in a blink and he's off to the races. I really feel like there are not quite that many players in college football with his burst and speed all in one package, but in years past there are a LOT of players who could make it look like they were the same speed and such.

I guess my question is, is a DeAnthony Thomas' speed and burst a rarity where it feels like he's the fastest guy on the field? I know you can't speak on dynasty yet but my hope is that those athletes are more rare than in the past. A guy like that should impact an entire conference by being the fastest guy, and you should feel like he's the fastest guy you face. Right now as you get into the dynasty it kinda feels like there's one or two of those players per team. Way too many 99/97 players.

I was wondering this too, great questions. I'd love it if someone like DeAnthony Thomas would be a rarity and not the norm for all teams.

The defensive question is a very good one too. Can we shoot a gap with the burst or seal the edge with a burst? I wouldn't want to see it impacted to much on deep throws where a defender can make up 3 yards with a quick button press though. That would all but remove the vertical threat of an offense if that were to be the case.
    Last edited by psusnoop; 04-11-2013 at 08:07 AM.

Playing against David Schad (TSO), Oregon HB #6 was as fast as a bullet and it was noticeable each and every time he touched the ball. IIRC, at the time he was one of the fastest players in the game. It's been relatively tough to determine the fast, athletic players in the franchise on PS3/360 IMO, but I felt you could tell from the get-go that HB #6 was a cut above the rest on the field. (That match-up was Oregon v Alabama, FWIW. We agreed it felt like you could tell Oregon was the speed team and Alabama the power team. IIRC, Tommy played the same match-up versus DirtyBurt, so it would be great to hear if he felt the same.)

I can't comment with certainty on how many fast players exist throughout Dynasty or where any proverbial 'cut-off' exists between the elite, fast, average, etc. players.
    Last edited by cdj; 04-11-2013 at 08:48 AM.

As Chris, said, we definitely saw a difference in guys that have really high AGI/SPD. Literally the first time I saw it, I believe I vocally said "whoa" just because of how fast it was. I don't know what the threshold will be for where it starts to feel that dramatic but after controlling Arkansas State, then controlling Oregon, the difference in those top tier guys is noticeable.

Defensively, I can't say for certain just because I didn't test it specifically but my understanding and assumption is that yes, you should still feel that way with defensive players.
    Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    I was wondering this too, great questions. I'd love it if someone like DeAnthony Thomas would be a rarity and not the norm for all teams.

The defensive question is a very good one too. Can we shoot a gap with the burst or seal the edge with a burst? I wouldn't want to see it impacted to much on deep throws where a defender can make up 3 yards with a quick button press though. That would all but remove the vertical threat of an offense if that were to be the case.
    Again, my understanding and assumption is that yes, you should be able to feel as though you can hit the hole as a defensive player. That said, with your example of deep throws, you're right, you most likely wouldn't see it because in many cases, by the time the ball is thrown deep, the WR & DB will already be near top speed so pressing the acceleration burst will likely not produce any significant results.

Listening to the Game Changer's Radio Podcast from the other night and a question came up. With the new fatigue system being what it is, have the issues we've had in the past with Auto Subs not working correctly been addressed? In the past if a player subbed out he would be out for the rest of the game. Has that been addressed?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    Listening to the Game Changer's Radio Podcast from the other night and a question came up. With the new fatigue system being what it is, have the issues we've had in the past with Auto Subs not working correctly been addressed? In the past if a player subbed out he would be out for the rest of the game. Has that been addressed?
    Honestly, I'm not certain. That is a good question. I would assume if it hasn't been addressed, it will have to be at the very least in a post-launch patch. My bet though is that since they retooled the way fatigue works, I imagine it also ended up effecting the part that triggers the auto sub bug.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Honestly, I'm not certain. That is a good question. I would assume if it hasn't been addressed, it will have to be at the very least in a post-launch patch. My bet though is that since they retooled the way fatigue works, I imagine it also ended up effecting the part that triggers the auto sub bug.
    Might be worth shooting off an email.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    Might be worth shooting off an email.
    Seconded!

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    As Chris, said, we definitely saw a difference in guys that have really high AGI/SPD. Literally the first time I saw it, I believe I vocally said "whoa" just because of how fast it was. I don't know what the threshold will be for where it starts to feel that dramatic but after controlling Arkansas State, then controlling Oregon, the difference in those top tier guys is noticeable.

Defensively, I can't say for certain just because I didn't test it specifically but my understanding and assumption is that yes, you should still feel that way with defensive players.

Again, my understanding and assumption is that yes, you should be able to feel as though you can hit the hole as a defensive player. That said, with your example of deep throws, you're right, you most likely wouldn't see it because in many cases, by the time the ball is thrown deep, the WR & DB will already be near top speed so pressing the acceleration burst will likely not produce any significant results.
    That's a great point, if you're already at top speed the burst won't do anything but tire you out trying to go faster. Actually it would be cool if you were already AT top speed and you tried to use it if there was a "blown tire" animation where you begin to fall over yourself trying to go too fast and maybe add the possibility of a minor injury like a pulled hammy or something in this instance. This would make people start to think about when they use the burst even more than they will with the new tiring mechanic.

Speaking of that new mechanic, is there any animation to go along with running out of gas (where you see the player start to labor a little running down the field) or does the player simply begin to slow down. And as you run out of gas how much does your speed drop?

Also, thanks Chris for that answer as well

Guys you probably should NOT ask ?'s about specific players due to the lawsuits still making their way through the courts. You are putting the powers that be here in an awkward position. Just sayin'

1) Did they implement the accelerated clock this year?

2) Are penalties more balanced? Meaning we will see more variety called outside of holding, false start, and offsides

3) Are there any changes to how challenges are done? Can we initiate what we want to challenge?

4) Are individual coverage assignments in the game this year? Ala the Madden series

I play with sliders, of course. I've never seen someone sub out and not come back in. Only reason I mention it is because it's obviously something that settings can fix.

Enviado de meu SAMSUNG SGH I997 usando o Tapatalk 2

I'm assuming in-game saves don't exist yet?

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    I'm assuming in-game saves don't exist yet?
    I completely forgot about in-game saves. I'm gonna guess I probably shouldn't hold my breath.

They probably won't put that in since PS4 has taken care of that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    They probably won't put that in since PS4 has taken care of that for you.
    That's not really true. The PS4 just goes into stand-by mode and powers down for the most part. I still couldn't play a game in the morning, save half-way and go to work IF the kids want to play something else after school. Ben Haumiller stated years ago that he doesn't see it as a big need unfortunately. The EA guys don't see that feature as important in terms of adding sales.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I play with sliders, of course. I've never seen someone sub out and not come back in. Only reason I mention it is because it's obviously something that settings can fix.

Enviado de meu SAMSUNG SGH I997 usando o Tapatalk 2
    I definitely agree that it's not a consistent problem. It has come and gone for me throughout the last couple years it seems like. Whatever the issue though, if there's going to be a more realistic fatigue system then that problem needs to be put at the top of the bug list to get ironed out before release IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I completely forgot about in-game saves. I'm gonna guess I probably shouldn't hold my breath.
    We are just lucky to have auto-save in NCAA, they can't even get that into Madden for some reason.