Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comparing NCAA 08 to NCAA 14 (Visually)

• Facebook
  • Display
    I think the big difference will be subtle things that go a long way. Maybe increased frame rate, more animations available, higher resolution textures, that kind of stuff.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

A better sideline and 2K type crowds would go a LOOOONG way for me. I know it's stupid to some, but that kind of stuff really adds to my enjoyment of the overall game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    A better sideline and 2K type crowds would go a LOOOONG way for me. I know it's stupid to some, but that kind of stuff really adds to my enjoyment of the overall game.
    I have been a big advocate of getting rid of the guys on the sidelines wearing 05 or any number like that on the cut scenes. It really shouldn't be that hard to have guys on the sidelines wear numbers that are actually in the game instead of made up ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    That All-Pro 2k game had amazing sidelines. When ball carriers would get knocked out of bounds, players on the sideline would catch them from falling and interact just like players on the field. Why EA hasn't done this yet is sort of stunning. They aren't the "Worst Company in America" for no reason.

Everyone wants to ask a million questions about gameplay, when in reality gameplay will never satisfy everyone, or be consistent from year to year. I give up on asking questions about gameplay because I don't think EA has enough guys that know how the game is played, to make gameplay as realistic as it could be.

EA wastes a lot of time on things like mascot mashup, season showdown, and now ultimate team. Worthless features that have no incentitives to play.

I'm and presentation, player model, and gear guy. The 2014 version of the game should look like the game you see on Saturday. With a wide variety of helmets, facemasks, bands, cleats, socks, of mutliple colors and styles. Dark visors shouldn't be in the game. I think player models and helmets on players such as the Revolution helmets still do not look very realistic. The leg bands look funny, and those robot arm bands are ridiculous. As far a lighting and grass goes, and well as animations, things have gotten way better. But I still hate seeing NCAA 14 will 8 different Revo facemasks, and 5 different speed masks. And of those 13 total masks, 7 are ones that i have never seen. I hardly see any player even wear that new schutt helmet that they have on every player in the game almost. Madden had those two new helmets last year, wish NCAA would input them in game. I wish EA was quicker with their Uniform store update. I'm already hating the fact that the Gators new uniforms won't be in the game at release. Bottom line, they could easily make the player models look more realistic by adding a ton of new gear options.

As far as presentation, why can't they do things like MLB the Show and NBA 2k do. With constant stat overlays for players?? The ESPN thing is a nice touch its just no done as good as it could be.

Look at last year, THEY SIMPLY FORGOT TO PUT SOUTH ALABAMA IN THE GAME!!! wtf.

Biggest thing for me is the ability to customize and rerate players at any time. Which EA allows in NCAA. That way I can do things my own way.

Two big issues this year, will their be an option to input a playoff in future years? And will poll logic improve at all?

There are so many things I want to comment on and a couple incorrect/false statements to correct, but alas, I'm not gonna take the time to type out everything right now. The rebuttal will have to wait until later. Time to hit the sack for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC View Post
    That All-Pro 2k game had amazing sidelines. When ball carriers would get knocked out of bounds, players on the sideline would catch them from falling and interact just like players on the field. Why EA hasn't done this yet is sort of stunning. They aren't the "Worst Company in America" for no reason.

Everyone wants to ask a million questions about gameplay, when in reality gameplay will never satisfy everyone, or be consistent from year to year. I give up on asking questions about gameplay because I don't think EA has enough guys that know how the game is played, to make gameplay as realistic as it could be.

EA wastes a lot of time on things like mascot mashup, season showdown, and now ultimate team. Worthless features that have no incentitives to play.

I'm and presentation, player model, and gear guy. The 2014 version of the game should look like the game you see on Saturday. With a wide variety of helmets, facemasks, bands, cleats, socks, of mutliple colors and styles. Dark visors shouldn't be in the game. I think player models and helmets on players such as the Revolution helmets still do not look very realistic. The leg bands look funny, and those robot arm bands are ridiculous. As far a lighting and grass goes, and well as animations, things have gotten way better. But I still hate seeing NCAA 14 will 8 different Revo facemasks, and 5 different speed masks. And of those 13 total masks, 7 are ones that i have never seen. I hardly see any player even wear that new schutt helmet that they have on every player in the game almost. Madden had those two new helmets last year, wish NCAA would input them in game. I wish EA was quicker with their Uniform store update. I'm already hating the fact that the Gators new uniforms won't be in the game at release. Bottom line, they could easily make the player models look more realistic by adding a ton of new gear options.

As far as presentation, why can't they do things like MLB the Show and NBA 2k do. With constant stat overlays for players?? The ESPN thing is a nice touch its just no done as good as it could be.

Look at last year, THEY SIMPLY FORGOT TO PUT SOUTH ALABAMA IN THE GAME!!! wtf.

Biggest thing for me is the ability to customize and rerate players at any time. Which EA allows in NCAA. That way I can do things my own way.

Two big issues this year, will their be an option to input a playoff in future years? And will poll logic improve at all?
    I'm over the sideline guys but I would like to see the crowd updated in a big way. Don't see how 2K can make it so good and EA's crowd sucks. It's a small issue but would make a HUGE difference. Same as the whole argument that fumbled snaps and other regular things are left out because some people don't care about them.

There won't be a playoff option and there shouldn't have to be. We don't even know the full extent of how it will be implemented yet IRL. The poll logic thing though, that makes me angry as well. When you are #3 and you beat #2 in week 12, then subsequently lose to #1 in week 13 while that #2 that you just beat beats an 0-12 team as the new #5, they should NOT jump you.

the crowd was so realistic in the last gen games with decibal meter. Dont know no why they took it out in this gen.