Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 14 adding Ultimate Team?

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA Football 14 adding Ultimate Team?

In what seems to be an annual tradition, GameStop.com appears to have leaked a new feature in NCAA Football 14 - Ultimate Team.

GameStop pre-orders will receive the "exclusive NCAA Football Ultimate Team SEC Conference Pack including key SEC players and bonus game extension."

While Ultimate Team is extremely popular in other EA SPORTS titles, it is unclear how such a feature could exist in NCAA Football where there is no player license.

If this is true, are you excited for Ultimate Team? What are you hoping to see in it different from Madden, FIFA, or NHL?

(Hat tip: Operation Sports)

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...-Ultimate-Team
    Last edited by cdj; 04-02-2013 at 04:57 PM.

I'll never touch it past whatever cards I get by default.

Soulja has the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I'll never touch it past whatever cards I get by default.
    Would say +1 but I would never even go to the place to look at the default cards to begin with. This feature ranks up there with the Heisman Challenge. Was anyone actually requesting such a feature?

I will never waste a single second on it. I already never use it and it doesn't exist in my world in other sports games. Just a stupid waste of time and micro-purchase money avenue for EA.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I will never waste a single second on it. I already never use it and it doesn't exist in my world in other sports games. Just a stupid waste of time and micro-purchase money avenue for EA.
    x

I don't even know what the hell it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I don't even know what the hell it is.
    Trust me, you're not missing out on anything. It's stupid as hell and nothing more than a way for EA to make some quick money off of kids with micro-transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Would say +1 but I would never even go to the place to look at the default cards to begin with. This feature ranks up there with the Heisman Challenge. Was anyone actually requesting such a feature?
    The money that other Ultimate Teams rake in requested the feature I bet. Did anyone here request it? No. But just like all the other Ultimate Teams, it'll make money.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Trust me, you're not missing out on anything. It's stupid as hell and nothing more than a way for EA to make some quick money off of kids with micro-transactions.
    Ya, I played (still playing) dynasty 100% of the time on 13 so this means nothing to me. I understand why they add this stuff though. $$$$... And I'm ok with that. This is America after all.

I'll play it, only because I know EA too well and know full well there'll be about 3 or 4 different trophies/achievements associated with it.

Question

This is a head scratcher for me. EA can't sell real life current players because that is a violation of NCAA rules. Legends maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    This is a head scratcher for me. EA can't sell real life current players because that is a violation of NCAA rules. Legends maybe?
    would it be possible to have all time ncaa greats that are already retired or currently in the nfl? they brought in past players for heisman challenge, so why couldnt they do it here, as long as the ultimate team cards arent of current players?

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    The money that other Ultimate Teams rake in requested the feature I bet. Did anyone here request it? No. But just like all the other Ultimate Teams, it'll make money.
    No doubt but it seems an odd fit with NCAA Football. Also will this mode have the ability to edit in real names? If not I really do not see the fun in having Alabama MLB #33 playing along side Auburn MLB #5. Not that I would find it any more enjoyable with named players.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    would it be possible to have all time ncaa greats that are already retired or currently in the nfl? they brought in past players for heisman challenge, so why couldnt they do it here, as long as the ultimate team cards arent of current players?
    That would be a lot of money for a lot of players, especially considering all the team involved.

You guys are making too many assumptions already

meh...nvm. wont play it.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    You guys are making too many assumptions already
    Historic Mascot cards confirmed!

UGA 1

I'd put him in at HB!

Such of waist of a mode. Put more effort into RTG damn it EA!