Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Association Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

Association Discussion Thread

Bring up any thoughts or concerns here.

For those that have joined please provide your input on season and playoff length.

Playoffs....Best of 5?

The last Online Association I was in was *wipes off dust* NBA 2K6....hopefully you can still do flex scheduling.

Lets make the playoffs realistic. Everything real life. How many games would be played during the week? Same as football or more realistic with 2 or 3 three games?

I'm not sure how the Online Association mode works as far as advances, so idk about the season length. But for the playoffs I prefer the 3-3-5-5 or 3-3-5-7 format.

I wonder if the advances are like NHL? With NHL you set the timeframe for how long you want in between advances. With NHL I did 2 calendar weeks for every advance. It works about pretty good as everyone has about 5-7 games each advance.

We can do a full schedule.

Also is there any particular reason we are doing a fantasy draft?

Quote Originally Posted by bjrod9 View Post
    Lets make the playoffs realistic. Everything real life. How many games would be played during the week? Same as football or more realistic with 2 or 3 three games?
    Basically it advances one league week per actual week, to the number of games is based on your schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Basically it advances one league week per actual week, to the number of games is based on your schedule.
    Is that a setting you can change? I'd say we go with 2 league weeks per actual week advance

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Is that a setting you can change? I'd say we go with 2 league weeks per actual week advance
    I will look into that - everyone give me your thoughts. I assume there will be 2-3+ games per league week, that puts use right where we are in Powerhouse.

I will look into that - everyone give me your thoughts. I assume there will be 2-3+ games per league week, that puts use right where we are in Powerhouse.
    I guess it depends on how long a game takes. With NHL a game takes about 30-40 minutes so I can usually knock out 3-4 a night. Typically play twice a week and get my games in. With Powerhouse the games are more like an hour and a half so 7 games a week would be tough.

I think the games per week will vary based on how many games we put in the schedule. If we play all 82 games and advance one week per week we won't get through the first year.

Also is there any particular reason we are doing a fantasy draft?
    Basically when Papa and I started talking about doing this we both were interested in doing a fantasy draft, but I'm open to either way (may change teams if we don't). So question to all, which would you prefer?

Basically when Papa and I started talking about doing this we both were interested in doing a fantasy draft, but I'm open to either way (may change teams if we don't). So question to all, which would you prefer?
    It doesn't really matter to me. I've never done a fantasy draft in any game so I don't have any experience with it. I'm assuming every team in the league drafts and the CPU runs the non-user teams? Is the CPU actually good? Is is like recruiting in NCAA where they would stock up on one position and end up with 6 PGs? That would be my only concern, is we have powerhouse teams because the CPU drafted crappy.

It doesn't really matter to me. I've never done a fantasy draft in any game so I don't have any experience with it. I'm assuming every team in the league drafts and the CPU runs the non-user teams? Is the CPU actually good? Is is like recruiting in NCAA where they would stock up on one position and end up with 6 PGs? That would be my only concern, is we have powerhouse teams because the CPU drafted crappy.
    That's correct, every team would draft and the CPU would draft their teams. I've run through probably 20-30 fantasy drafts testing strategies out and the CPU seems to do a good job of drafting. A fantasy draft will actually even out the teams as we'd be drafting serpentine style, that can be looked at as a good or bad thing as I don't believe any of us outside of Escobar and maybe Papa will be at the level of play we are in NCAA, but it will be fun learning.

Cool, sounds good

It has been awhile since I played a 2K game but I remember roster sharing. Are we using default rosters or are we downloading newer rosters? I know it is fantasy draft but I was thinking for just the increases and decreases for players. If not, no big deal as I just want to get the right feel for the players.

I'll be using the newest official 2K roster, I believe a new one comes out every Saturday.

Hey OB, are there pre-existing injuries on? Just wondering if all those players are going to be useless.

The injuries get reset once you draft. In other words they will not be injured in our Association despite the fact that they are in the roster.

Okay, that is all I was wanting to know. Sounds good.