Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When are we finally gonna hear something...

• Facebook
  • Display

When are we finally gonna hear something...

Well it's a Friday, it's almost the end of March, and we have yet to hear a peep from EA Sports about NCAA 14. Could today be our day? It was around this time last year when we got our first news regarding the game. All the features were given with a short description. That was the first time EA Sports has ever announced all the features for a game that early. Do you think they will take the same approach with releasing info this year? What do you think will be the first news we hear? I would love to hear your thoughts.

Not today, March Madness and Tiger Woods 14 have priority.
    Have no idea.
    Teambuilder to add mascot creation.
    My thoughts love to be heard.

Complete guess, but I don't expect anything until the Madden cover vote is finished or near its end.

Madden always releases info at the draft and so we should get some info on both games around then. Cover vote ends then too.

Madden always releases info then, but NCAA is often in a playable form then. We should definitely hear concrete info by then.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Just saw that. My guess.... cover unveiled.

Yep, cover shoot going on today.

I'm so done with the cover stuff. They can at least tell us when we're gonna hear something interesting about the actual game itself.

are they at leeast gonna fix the DB Glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by OLATHExSOONER View Post
    I'm so done with the cover stuff. They can at least tell us when we're gonna hear something interesting about the actual game itself.
    They'll tell us when they're ready to tell us. No earlier. Unfortunately, that's how it goes.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 03-26-2013 at 08:54 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    What glitch? Or, rather, which?
    The one that, apparently, OS's sliders fix because they have so much feedback.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    They'll tell us when they're ready to tell us. No earlier. Unfortunately, that's how it goes.
    the DB glitch where the Safety over plays the vertical routes leaving the WR open every time but can be fixed with sliders

Yeah, the tension is killing me though! Anyway do you think they will go about releasing info as they did last year with the playbook?

Yeah info usually starts coming out around this time of year. Patience is your friend in these situations. The same people are in charge so I would expect the same thing as last year.

Oh and a humongous LOL at the DB glitch can be fixed with any specific set of sliders. It is a legacy programming glitch or an intentional part of the program because it has existed ever since game plan adjustments were introduced in NCAA Football 10. 10' and 11' the effects were minor but it killed 12' and 13' for me and many others regardless of any slider sets or attribute adjustments. Only EA Tiburon knows if they will fix the aggressive zone coverage for CPU team. My hope for NCAA 14 is they at least give us the option to turn off the game plan adjustments all together like home field advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post
    Yeah info usually starts coming out around this time of year. Patience is your friend in these situations. The same people are in charge so I would expect the same thing as last year.

Oh and a humongous LOL at the DB glitch can be fixed with any specific set of sliders. It is a legacy programming glitch or an intentional part of the program because it has existed ever since game plan adjustments were introduced in NCAA Football 10. 10' and 11' the effects were minor but it killed 12' and 13' for me and many others regardless of any slider sets or attribute adjustments. Only EA Tiburon knows if they will fix the aggressive zone coverage for CPU team. My hope for NCAA 14 is they at least give us the option to turn off the game plan adjustments all together like home field advantage.
    After all this talk about NCAA I threw 13 into the Ps3 last-night... I haven't played it since October! I beat Penn St 35-21. It took me all of five minutes to remember how much of a game killer the agressive db's / safety glitch can be. Zero cpu coverage across the middle. This is NOT the case in Madden so hopefully this will be fixed in 14.

I expect we will see our first info coming out eitther April 2nd or April 9th... but that's just a speculative guess.

I never under stood the whole DB glitch my self. I just don't pay close attention to it. I do get weird INT some times. However , half of those are my own fault and stupid passes. But I never get a what the fuck moment for an INT like some of you have issues with.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post

first of all this is an opinion that sliders can fix coverage or over- agreessive coverage. 2nd very slow speed sliders mixed with low cpu pass coverage can limit it.

Pastapadre speculates that the first NCAA 14 news may come out this week

In tracking the past four years the first non-cover related info on the respective upcoming NCAA Football titles have come on March 12, March 14, February 26, and February 12. EA Sports has then remained mum regarding NCAA Football 14 well beyond the traditional schedule but that may be coming to an end shortly. Indications received suggest the first news will hit next week.

Other than Denard Robinson being featured on the cover the only insight on the game came last year when EA confirmed NCAA 14 will feature the “Infinity Engine” physics system that was introduced in Madden NFL 13 and that South Alabama – inexplicably having been forgotten for NCAA 13 – will be in with extra attention paid to the accuracy of the school’s representation.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Pastapadre speculates that the first NCAA 14 news may come out this week

In tracking the past four years the first non-cover related info on the respective upcoming NCAA Football titles have come on March 12, March 14, February 26, and February 12. EA Sports has then remained mum regarding NCAA Football 14 well beyond the traditional schedule but that may be coming to an end shortly. Indications received suggest the first news will hit next week.

Other than Denard Robinson being featured on the cover the only insight on the game came last year when EA confirmed NCAA 14 will feature the “Infinity Engine” physics system that was introduced in Madden NFL 13 and that South Alabama – inexplicably having been forgotten for NCAA 13 – will be in with extra attention paid to the accuracy of the school’s representation.