Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Nope. A buddy of mine has it and loves the game but he is obsessed with the series.

Is the car damage the same, boring and bleh? or not even there .

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    Is the car damage the same, boring and bleh? or not even there .
    Sounds like the damage is the same.
    The dude abides.

Got this for Christmas. Really digging it so far. It's exactly what I expected. If you like this series, you'll like this game.

Just ran a section of Willow Spring International Raceway, to my knowledge a new track. Looks incredible, fun layout.

How's the drifting? If any mode is there.

It plays pretty much like Gran Turismo always plays.

The dude abides.

Worth it for those that already enjoy this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan HAMsen View Post
    Worth it for those that already enjoy this series.
    Which is me. I guess I have a five day weekend coming up to start the year...but a lot to play already.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post

Nice buy . Too bad the digital copy is 60 bucks still .. I would jump on if i had the money. Christmas drained me pretty well.

Read up a little more on it, and it is really more of the same (which is great, but I can wait). I think I'll just wait til it's around $20 to get it. I have plenty to play now. Wish they had more immersion with friends like NFS does.
    The dude abides.

Read up a little more on it, and it is really more of the same (which is great, but I can wait).
    I hear ya. I was set to skip this one all together, but I added it to my Christmas list at the last minute.

It definitely is more of the same. But like you said, that's great. They've had a winning formula for a long time.

I hear ya. I was set to skip this one all together, but I added it to my Christmas list at the last minute.

It definitely is more of the same. But like you said, that's great. They've had a winning formula for a long time.
    Lots of reviews say just continue playing 5 if you have the itch and don't want to spend the money, then jump on it down the line.

I will probably make their PS4 debut a day one buy though.
    The dude abides.

I almost went that route. Reinstalled GT5 and everything.

While what happens on the track is largely the same as it's always been, everything looks a lot nicer. Cars really don't look much different, but tracks seem nicer (possible placebo). All the menus look better, new cut scenes for loading screens... Everything seems to be upgraded a touch.

I had read that license tests are easier, and so far I am agreeing. National B (first license) test is only 5 stages and only took me about 20 mins to get all gold. A couple stages I got gold on the first try.

I had also read that the game is stingy with bonus cars, though I am not finding that to be the case.

I like that I have the option to buy some currency. I think a million credits cost me $5. That used to cost, like, 5 hours or something in the early stages of the game.

Really the only negative so far is that the game starts you with 30k credits, then makes you spend 17k on a specific car. Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    How's the drifting? If any mode is there.
    On one of the Coffee Break Challenges, it gives you the option to assign the e-brake to a different button and mentions that it would make it easier to drift. Maybe they've made that more a part of the game than in past versions.

I heard the menus are a lot snappier and load fast.
    The dude abides.

You heard right. While the driving part is pretty much the same as always, everything else seems improved to me. At least so far, I've only got, like, 2 hours or so of play time.

Seasonal events are giving out big credit payoff and bonus cars for bronze. These are all time trials and bronze is easily attainable. I got almost 700k credits + a car last night for about 5 time trial laps (1 silver, 1 bronze, several DQs ) in the Mario Andretti event. That one and several others provide the car, so you just need to get the National B License and it's money making time.

So far, I'd say that folks that are complaining about a lack of bonus cars + suggesting that the game is stingy because they want you to spend $ for credits are way off base.

You heard right. While the driving part is pretty much the same as always, everything else seems improved to me. At least so far, I've only got, like, 2 hours or so of play time.

Seasonal events are giving out big credit payoff and bonus cars for bronze. These are all time trials and bronze is easily attainable. I got almost 700k credits + a car last night for about 5 time trial laps (1 silver, 1 bronze, several DQs ) in the Mario Andretti event. That one and several others provide the car, so you just need to get the National B License and it's money making time.

So far, I'd say that folks that are complaining about a lack of bonus cars + suggesting that the game is stingy because they want you to spend $ for credits are way off base.
    Anybody that hears the word microtransaction automatically assumes that.
    The dude abides.

Wish they had more immersion with friends like NFS does.
    I noticed last night that when the race is loading, it shows your best time and then the next screen is a list of your friend's best times. Sadly, nobody on my friends list is playing this.

I agree, though, that NFS does a great job of reminding you how well your friends are doing.

I noticed last night that when the race is loading, it shows your best time and then the next screen is a list of your friend's best times. Sadly, nobody on my friends list is playing this.

I agree, though, that NFS does a great job of reminding you how well your friends are doing.
    Buy it for me, and I'll get on the track
    The dude abides.