Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NFL Offseason Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Brady was asked about the Pats letting Welker go over two million, and he was LIVID.

In other news, Danny Amendola's fantasy stock has skyrocketed.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Brady was asked about the Pats letting Welker go over two million, and he was LIVID.

In other news, Danny Amendola's fantasy stock has skyrocketed.
    Brady very well may be pissed but IMHO I think Welker's production is more a result of Brady/New England's system than his actual skill set. Welker also had a niche for the drops in key moments so catch all the balls when you win 49-0 but he seemed to choke under the pressure in the playoffs. The guy is good but not great and decent slot receivers are a fairly common commodity in the league right now.

IF Amendola can stay healthy I wouldn't be surprised to see his production to be every bit as good as Welker's was in New England.

Elway is hitting the ground running this year. Newest additions to the Broncos are Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Terrance Knighton.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Welker was most definitely a product of New England's system because New England's system is basically a Pro-Style Air Raid combination. EVERYTHING that Welker ran in his slot receiver position was straight out of the Air Raid playbook.

Vikings not wasting any time, signed up Matt Cassel.

Steven Jackson to Atlanta. I'd say it's somewhat of an upgrade over Turner. 1042 and 4TD last year. But Turner had 10 TDs last year.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Steven Jackson to Atlanta. I'd say it's somewhat of an upgrade over Turner. 1042 and 4TD last year. But Turner had 10 TDs last year.

yeah but Jackson catches the ball way better than Turner and St. Louis has had nothing around him for like 4 years. I think he'll do really well there, not MVP or anything but well.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Everyone knew Jackson was going to Atlanta. It was only a matter of for how much. Atlanta would have been insane to not get him. Dude easily has 2-3 years left in the tank if he's recovered fully from his last injury.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...48663861104640

Ravens S Ed Reed spoke today like a man saying goodbye to Baltimore. Every sign now points to him getting done a deal in Houston on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Everyone knew Jackson was going to Atlanta. It was only a matter of for how much. Atlanta would have been insane to not get him. Dude easily has 2-3 years left in the tank if he's recovered fully from his last injury.
    I'm with you and E here, I like this signing for the Falcons.

No love for my Chiefs in here? They have been very aggressive from the jump, starting with getting Andy Reid as HC and John Dorsey as GM. Now those two are putting together a nice crop of additions including...

• QB Alex Smith via trade
    • Resign WR Bowe (their only legit WR though not a fan) and the best punter in the league in Dustin Colquitt (led the league in punts inside the 20 and 10)
    • Tagged LT Branden Albert
    • Signed CB Dunta Robinson to play nickel and probably some safety as well
    • Signed TE Anthony Fasano who is a very good balanced TE that can block and catch, Chiefs will run a lot of 2 TE sets with him and Moeaki
    • Signed QB Chase Daniel, local Missouri Tiger to be the backup
    • Signed WR Donnie Avery to inject some speed in their WR corp
    • Signed DE Mike DeVito to play in their 3-4 and he was coached by our new DC that was the Jets DC
    • Released the atrocious Matt Cassell, this move all by itself makes the Chiefs better. So bad.
    • Lastly they sign CB Sean Smith yesterday to play opposite Brandon Flowers.

Great offseason so far for the Chiefs and the draft should further improve a team I believe to be 2nd best in the AFC West behind the Broncos but these moves help them compete at least with the Broncos and possibly get a Wildcard spot in the playoffs. Calling my shot now, from #1 pick in the draft to the playoffs.

I will agree with you there. The Chiefs have had a great offseason. I really think this is a playoff team but so much depends on which Alex Smith shows up. The Smith under Harbaugh or the lousy QB prior to Harbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I will agree with you there. The Chiefs have had a great offseason. I really think this is a playoff team but so much depends on which Alex Smith shows up. The Smith under Harbaugh or the lousy QB prior to Harbaugh.
    Hell I thought they were a playoff team last year based on my predictions

Don't think they'll beat Denver, and the wild card is going to be tough with teams like Miami improving. But it's possible.

Danny Woodhead gone from the Pats now too. Someone explain to me what the Pats are doing with their cap space now? I think they are outsmarting themselves and being too cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Danny Woodhead gone from the Pats now too. Someone explain to me what the Pats are doing with their cap space now? I think they are outsmarting themselves and being too cheap.
    That's just the "Patriot Way". They've never changed the way they do business.

And there's a reason why they haven't won a Super Bowl in nearly a decade.

Elvis Dumervil's agent should get kicked in the nuts. Elvis was going to take less to stay with the Broncos, agent was 7 minutes late from getting the paperwork in.

Are you fucking kidding me? Goddamn that jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me? Goddamn that jackass.
    Yeah some kind of odd deadline timing, so they were forced to release him.

Well, he clearly wanted to stay in Denver, if he was willing to restructure, so maybe him and Broncos can do the same deal, just as a new free agent contract.