Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NFL Offseason Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    LOL it's kinda sad that Flacco is the highest paid player of all-time. Ravens WAY overpaid on this one. Flacco is really good but he's not even the best QB of his generation.

Personally I think Flacco isn't an elite QB but he's up there. I think he's better than Eli and Eli got $16.25 mil back in 2009. This contract is just in line with what top QBs get and he's young. If he did what he did (playoffs every year, min 80 QBrating every year, SB win) for the Jets he would be hailed and marketed as the one of the greats.

Other than Aaron Rodgers, what other QB in this league would you give a 6 year, $120M contract too? Due to age I would take Flacco over Peyton, Bree's and probably Brady.

Percy Harvin traded to the Seahawks, Anquan Boldin traded to the Niners.

Good to see Tony Gonzalez coming back for another season. If Da Bears aren't in contention, I wouldn't mind seeing Tony get a ring. Hard to imagine him walking away from a 93 catch, 8 TD season.

Harvin got a lot of money and so did Mike Wallace with my Fish! I love the signing although $13 million a year is steep. I thought $12 was a bit much be we really needed the speed and you always overpay in free agency. I was completely caught off guard by the signing of Ellerbe at MLB though. Cutting Dansby not so much. Dansby was really good last year but he's 31 and he's a strong voice in the locker room. Joe Philbin wants company men and Karlos spoke out against some of their moves early last year.

Reggie Bush signs a 4-year deal with the Detroit Lions.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Good to see Tony Gonzalez coming back for another season. If Da Bears aren't in contention, I wouldn't mind seeing Tony get a ring. Hard to imagine him walking away from a 93 catch, 8 TD season.
    I agree 100% but I think this year the road to the SB has to go through SF and/or Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I agree 100% but I think this year the road to the SB has to go through SF and/or Seattle.
    If that defense solidifies, and Wilson matures even more, look out. Hell even St. Louis is much improved, Arizona, probably high and dry. Don't think Mendenhall is their savior

Okay Jay Cutler. All the pieces you need are in place. I'm not overly jumping for joy at the signings, just pleased.

Now we know why talk of Tim Tebow has been quiet in the offseason....

Wes Welker might be going from Tom Brady throwing to him to Peyton Manning throwing to him. Imagine the WR corps in Denver if they land Welker. DAMN!

It's official, Welker to the Broncos. That is a nasty set of WR's.

What a steal! And for only $12 million over 2 years. Denver's ridiculous WR corps just got even more ridiculous.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Wow. New England is SO dumb.

Just glancing at Denver's current roster, I'm salivating for the passing game next season.

Wes Welker, Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas and Trindon Holliday at WR, adding in Jacob Tamme and Joel Dreessen at TE, and even Knowshon Moreno, Willis McGahee and Ronnie Hillman catching passes from RB position.

If they resign Brandon Stokley and Matt Willis at WR, holy shit. The number of passing targets Manning would have every single play...

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Wow. New England is SO dumb.
    I agree. It's like they are going out of their own way to spite themselves. "Our system is so awesome we can do it with anyone!" Brady can only do so much. What the heck did he restructure for then if they weren't going to sign any big free agent? Amendola is an injury waiting to happen. You just can't replace the chemistry between Welker and Brady that easily. Their WRs are lousy right now. Better hope both of those fragile TEs stay healthy.

Brady hasn't won a Superbowl in almost 10 years. Wherever Peyton has gone his teams have gone crazy surrounding him with talent. New England does the opposite and puts too much of the onus on Brady imo. Gronk is the only dangerous weapon Brady has.

Well NE replaced one white WR for another with signing Danny Amendola.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Well NE replaced one white WR for another with signing Danny Amendola.
    Horrible trade-off in my opinion. How many seasons has Amendola made it through without an injury? And they paid him more than it would have cost to keep Welker. Get rid of a guy who, while having his fair share of drops, has a shitload of 100+ catch seasons under his belt, and pay more money for a guy, who while younger, can't make it through a season without an injury putting him on the sidelines for a couple games each year.

Rumour has it that Cliff Avril will sign woth the Sahawks. Yikes that is one impressive pass rush!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Rumour has it that Cliff Avril will sign woth the Sahawks. Yikes that is one impressive pass rush!!!
    its already a done deal, pending a physical. 2 years, $15 million.