Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny (PS4, XB1; PS3, 360)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'll get it to you tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
    Sweet, thanks man.

Beta launches first exclusively on PS3 and PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Beta launches first exclusively on PS3 and PS4.
    and by 1st they mean by 30 seconds earlier than xb1. this exclusive "1st" stuff is annoying as hell.

We now have a release date: 9/9/14

Bungie has announced its next game, Destiny, will launch worldwide for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3 and PS4 on September 9. The game will be published by Activision.

Destiny is Bungie's "mythic science fiction" open world multiplayer shooter first revealed last November. A beta for Destiny, which pre-orders will get first crack at, kicks off first on PlayStation platforms in the summer of 2014.

Titanfall in March. Destiny in September. Halo 5 probably in November. Good Lord, I'm all set for next year.

Good Game Bro: You’ll Reach Destiny’s Max Level in “Only a Few Hours” http://bit.ly/1kd6Lp2

Yesterday, an embargo was lifted for a plethora of media coverage for Destiny. With so much information coming out it’s only right that certain pieces were lost. A Destiny forum has come across some rather interesting information regarding the max level for characters, however.

If you were expecting to be grinding for quite some time to reach the max level for your Guardian in Destiny, you’re wrong. It appears that it’ll take “only a few hours” to reach the max level, with the effort being focused on obtaining better armor and weapons.

The social intent of the game cannot be overstated. Indeed, leveling up each character to max takes only a few hours – Bungie doesn’t want you to start the game then realize you have weeks of grind to put in before you can play against friends on a higher level. “You level cap quickly, but once you’re there the game is more about equipping the gear that lets you go deeper into the game,” says Green. “There are more strikes, there are raids, there are higher levels of PvP if you equip better weapons and armor.

“Equipping better abilities in Focus is a longer-tail process that takes some time. I think the game actually develops very naturally towards the level cap: players earn experience as they complete activities and kill things, and once they reach the point at which that stops, they’ve already moved on to the gear collection game, which is about doing activities and looking at what’s available to them in the tower. It’s similar to Diablo in that its about moving on to horizontal growth – trying new abilities, new builds, new weapons.”

It’s an interesting choice, but Destiny seems to focused around social efforts and allowing players to enjoy the game in both short and long bursts. The comparison made above in regards to horizontal growth makes sense, but shooters have typical stayed away from that path.

What do you think about Bungie going for horizontal growth and a max level that won’t require you to grind? Be sure to let us know what you think by leaving us a comment below, or continue the Destiny discussion in our community!
    The dude abides.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/...ystation-store

Destiny Pre-Orders Now Available on PlayStation Store

As confirmed by Activision last year, the PlayStation pre-order includes eventual beta access, which is scheduled to begin in July. The PlayStation Store description recommends that you register at Bungie.net to link your PSN ID and ensure future notifications regarding beta access details.

Also, Destiny can be pre-loaded.
    The dude abides.

So...yeah this game looks pretty cool

Put it on the list...when I eventually get a PS4

Good that the new update to the SDK helped, but I'm more concerned with this being 30 FPS. That'll really annoy me if it's that way on both systems. I've read over on GAF that people think it's because it'll be 1080p and 60 FPS on PS4, but let's be real here - a developer with as much history with shooters as Bungie would choose frame rate over resolution in a heart beat, which makes me think it's going to be 30 FPS on both, which would be a real bummer.

I wonder if this Alpha test will be good or a disaster.
    The dude abides.

Didn't really like the Halo games. Not excited after watching the trailer on this one.

Just got my alpha code, so if you signed up, check your e-mails, I've seen others on Twitter reporting the same.
    The dude abides.

Hopefully it'll pop up in mine soon. I signed up within minutes of finding out how to register for the alpha.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Hopefully it'll pop up in mine soon. I signed up within minutes of finding out how to register for the alpha.

Everyone who registers gets in, it's just a matter of time.

Yep, just got my email a few minutes ago for the alpha.

Played a mission. There are a lot of nice RPG aspects in just the story mode. Really liking it so far. Had a good boss battle.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Online so far is really smooth for an alpha build. I think I'll definitely enjoy this shooter.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.