Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny (PS4, XB1; PS3, 360)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    You're right about the exotic machine gun. I'm tearing people up.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    It's the secret to the Crucible. If I get heavy ammo and can avoid rocket launchers, I'm taking out 6+ people virtually every time. There isn't a single regular gun on the game that can beat a machine gun in a gun battle.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I would kill for the Vex Mythoclast, Fusion rifle is my favorite gun. Just not willing to mess with the Raid on hard or on normal for that matter.
    Yeah, it's pretty nice. It's not really a fusion rifle, though...it's basically an auto rifle like the Suros Regime. I mean, I guess it's technically a fusion rifle, but it definitely doesn't act like one with the kind of range and firing rate it his.

I can only imagine how it was before they patched it yesterday. They did a 41% overall damage reduction to it and 34% after kill damage reduction (it does more damage after you get a kill with it), and with the way I'm mowing down people now after the patch, I can only image how LOL worthy it was before.

Awww yeah!

The dude abides.

Finally beat the weekly nightfall by myself thanks to many good hiding spaces, patience and Ice Breaker. The only knock I have so far is I unlocked the Ice Breaker perk and it really does not seem that noticeable.

Xur is in the Hanger

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/destiny...ober-17-390488

Exotic chest armor that gives me a second grenade? Why thank you Xur, I think I will.

Edit: Went ahead and picked up "Truth" as I have never used a rocket launcher in Destiny. It is quite powerful to say the least
    Last edited by bdoughty; 10-17-2014 at 05:53 AM.

How much is the armor?
    The dude abides.

How much is the armor?
    13 Strange Coins. There is also an option for an exotic chest engram for 23 motes of light. Of course you have no idea what you are going to get and if it will be for your class.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 10-17-2014 at 09:29 AM.

13 Strange Coins. There is also an option for an exotic chest engram for 23 motes of light. Of course you have no idea what you are going to get and if it will be for your class.
    AHH I have 9 Strange Coins
    The dude abides.

I was really hoping for The Last Word, but alas, not there. That thing is virtually impossible to get from a drop, too, so my best hope is that he has it next week.

AHH I have 9 Strange Coins
    If you do the Weekly Heroic Strike and bump the difficulty a bit you will get 6 coins. Really easy this week as it is on Earth. If you are interested in running through it and need some help just let me know.

I'll have to give it a whirl Saturday. Does he leave late Saturday?

The dude abides.

I'll have to give it a whirl Saturday. Does he leave late Saturday?
    Sunday morning 5:00 Eastern.

Sunday morning 5:00 Eastern.
    Thanks. That asshole needs to work more days.

The dude abides.

I wouldn't worry too much about it honestly. That armor doesn't give you the same benefits as one of the exotic helmets for the Titan would, so you're better off waiting for one of them to show up. Unless, of course, you like chucking grenades everywhere. However, since the Titan doesn't have a perk like the Warlock/Hunter that allows you to SPAWN with grenade energy, it's kind of pointless, IMO.

The Warlock has a perk in it's skill tree that allows you to have 2 grenades. The one exotic armor piece for the Warlock allows you to spawn with all grenade energy, so you're basically spawning with 2 grenades every time. Grenade Spam City.

Also, thinking about picking this up on PS4 since I only have the one friend to play with on Xbox One. You guys still going to play it for awhile? Anyone raiding at all?

I'd raid with you. I still play a ton. Not planning on slowing down.

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about it honestly. That armor doesn't give you the same benefits as one of the exotic helmets for the Titan would, so you're better off waiting for one of them to show up. Unless, of course, you like chucking grenades everywhere. However, since the Titan doesn't have a perk like the Warlock/Hunter that allows you to SPAWN with grenade energy, it's kind of pointless, IMO.

The Warlock has a perk in it's skill tree that allows you to have 2 grenades. The one exotic armor piece for the Warlock allows you to spawn with all grenade energy, so you're basically spawning with 2 grenades every time. Grenade Spam City.

Also, thinking about picking this up on PS4 since I only have the one friend to play with on Xbox One. You guys still going to play it for awhile? Anyone raiding at all?

What would the Exotic Helmet give you that is better? I have yet to run across one. Most Titans pick the Exotic Chest Armor, the extra grenade is great but it also gives you extra ammo for super and heavy weapons (no restrictions on the type of weapon used). I now have 7 capacity for Rocket Launcher and 88 capcity for machine gun. My Legenday did Fusion specifically so it is the same amount 30. Titans play up close and personal so an extra grenade will get me out of binds.

I would raid with you if you picked up the PS4 version. I still have yet to finish one. Still prefer to do Strikes so we could run some Heroic/Nightfalls also.

What would the Exotic Helmet give you that is better? I have yet to run across one. Most Titans pick the Exotic Chest Armor, the extra grenade is great but it also gives you extra ammo for super and heavy weapons (no restrictions on the type of weapon used). I now have 7 capacity for Rocket Launcher and 88 capcity for machine gun. My Legenday did Fusion specifically so it is the same amount 30. Titans play up close and personal so an extra grenade will get me out of binds.

I would raid with you if you picked up the PS4 version. I still have yet to finish one. Still prefer to do Strikes so we could run some Heroic/Nightfalls also.
    Helm of the Saint is invaluable for a defender. Melee attack speed is increased and you gain additional super energy from non-Guardians, so you'll build your Super faster during Raids and Strikes. Mainly, though, it blinds anyone who enters your bubble, which is invaluable in the Crucible and against things like Captains that charge your ass.

I don't remember what the other two do, but I know the Helm of Inmost Light provides 2 skills in the Titan skill tree so that you're free to pick something else and get all 3 benefits.

And the Insurmountable Skullfort is just bad ass looking. I can't even remember what it does.

Picked it up on PS4. This shit has exclusive gear and strikes? What the hell. I'm sure I read about that before, but I must have forgotten. I'll be so glad when this exclusive content shit dies and dies permanently.

Pssh. Defenders. I don't need no stinking bubble. Strikers 4 life yo! Honestly even when a defender is in my group I never use their bubbles. Can't shoot from inside them. Look like an idiot running in and out of them just to do damage. This is one area where I prefer Borderland 2 specials. Tuuuuuuurrets!

If JB is a badass Striker like me, stick to the Exotic Chest Armor for more ammo, to kill more things. Which is why you are playing a FPS, to kill stuff with a gun.

Otherwise...

Last edited by bdoughty; 10-17-2014 at 05:37 PM.

Pssh. Defenders. I don't need no stinking bubble. Strikers 4 life yo! Honestly even when a defender is in my group I never use their bubbles. Can't shoot from inside them. Look like an idiot running in and out of them just to do damage. This is one area where I prefer Borderland 2 specials. Tuuuuuuurrets!
    That may be true, but the bubble isn't just there to protect you from damage.

If the Defender has the "Weapons of Light" perk chosen in his skill tree(and anyone who is raiding or striking should), anyone who enters the bubble gets a temporary 25% damage bonus, 35% if they've got "Illuminated" chosen in the final skill tree. It's absolutely invaluable on boss battles.

You realize we could argue this on and on. It is all in the playstyle and we all vary. I prefer my bonuses of extra ammo and two grenades. Let me know when you have leveled up enough that we can go out and kill things together. If you go with a defender, I promise to visit your bubble at least once.

You realize we could argue this on and on. It is all in the playstyle and we all vary. I prefer my bonuses of extra ammo and two grenades. Let me know when you have leveled up enough that we can go out and kill things together. If you go with a defender, I promise to visit your bubble at least once.
    No no no, I'm not arguing. It's all preference as far as I'm concerned. I'm saying that if you've got a Titan on your team and he drops a bubble, just walk through it and enjoy the bonus damage!

I'm a Warlock so I couldn't get the extra grenade armor, but got enough Strange Coins to get some Exotic Armor today.

The dude abides.