Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny (PS4, XB1; PS3, 360)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Nightfall is too much pressure for me. I got half way through this weeks and then pulled a dumbass move of trying to make it past a bunch of enemies on one of their little scooters, without using the gun. Forgot that when you died it you head back to orbit.

Cheesed Atheon on Hard last night and got a raid helmet for my Warlock. While I'll take it, I'm really only hoping for one thing - the one thing I'm sure everyone else is hoping for. Oh well. I think I'm going to try for it again tonight with my Titan, only thing is I'm not sure you can knock his ass off the ledge with a Titan.

Finally beat Nightfall, though it took having another player to beat the boss. Have no clue how you beat him by yourself? I did it on my first try on Weekly Heroic but was getting slaughtered on Nightfall until I got someone with the shield.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Finally beat Nightfall, though it took having another player to beat the boss. Have no clue how you beat him by yourself? I did it on my first try on Weekly Heroic but was getting slaughtered on Nightfall until I got someone with the shield.
    You can get under the platform on the top left part of the map and shoot him. He can still hit you, but there's spots you can go under there to recover where he can't hit you.

Too bad you're on PS4. I'm trying to find a group to raid with on my alt. Completed 1 regular raid and 1 hard raid so far this week and I've only got the Universal Remote, shaders, raid helmet for my warlock, and a bunch of shards.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    You can get under the platform on the top left part of the map and shoot him. He can still hit you, but there's spots you can go under there to recover where he can't hit you.

Too bad you're on PS4. I'm trying to find a group to raid with on my alt. Completed 1 regular raid and 1 hard raid so far this week and I've only got the Universal Remote, shaders, raid helmet for my warlock, and a bunch of shards.
    Ahh, will check that out next time. I just hid at the entrance as you have some space to jump back and avoid damage. Would run around the corner, use grenade and a couple shots and sprint back to safety. Nightfall hurt that because of the extra damage his minions would deal out and could not get back in time.

I am Raided out. Would prefer to do strikes and the daily/weekly stuff. I did completely upgrade my armor and it left me at the high end of 28 and that is fine. Working on getting coins for more exotics and upgrading Ice Breaker.

Joined a few guys for the final boss of Vault Of Glass. Damn! That was my first time doing it. We couldn't beat it. I did just pull an exotic machine gun from the Iron Banner though.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Joined a few guys for the final boss of Vault Of Glass. Damn! That was my first time doing it. We couldn't beat it. I did just pull an exotic machine gun from the Iron Banner though.
    Now that is throwing yourself to the Lions. Congrats on the Exotic.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Now that is throwing yourself to the Lions. Congrats on the Exotic.
    Thanks. The machine gun is something I don't use much, as I prefer the rocket launcher in the Crucible, but I'll have to give it a try now.

Just crossed over to level 27 last night.
    The dude abides.

Thanks. The machine gun is something I don't use much, as I prefer the rocket launcher in the Crucible, but I'll have to give it a try now.

Just crossed over to level 27 last night.
    Best kept secret in the Crucible. You might get 3 kills with a rocket launcher if you're lucky. You can get WAY more with a machine gun. You will win literally any gun battle against anything other than another machine gun, and your only worry should be staying away from rocket launchers and supers.

Finally, finally, FINALLY got the Vex Mythoclast. I wish I would've gotten it before the patch that dropped it's damage by 34% this morning, but hey, it still rips right through everything so it'll probably replace my Suros as my go to weapon. It's ridiculous that a weapon like this even exists in a game like this.

Best kept secret in the Crucible. You might get 3 kills with a rocket launcher if you're lucky. You can get WAY more with a machine gun. You will win literally any gun battle against anything other than another machine gun, and your only worry should be staying away from rocket launchers and supers.
    Then I'll give it a whirl

The dude abides.

Is there any worth to dismantling an exotic weapon?

The dude abides.

Same as Legendary weapons - you get Ascendant Energy (which is used for the latter upgrades of legendary and exotic weapons).

Same as Legendary weapons - you get Ascendant Energy (which is used for the latter upgrades of legendary and exotic weapons).
    And ascendant shards from dismantling legendary and exotic armor?

The dude abides.

Yep. Energy is much harder for me to come by personally, so I usually dismantle the weapons I have no intention of using. I've heard it's the other way around for some people - they get tons of energy and hardly any shards. I have 70+ shards and 18 energy.

Yeah right now shards are more rare for me.

The dude abides.

Yeah right now shards are more rare for me.

Make sure you're doing at least one Public Event per day. You get a reward every day you do one, and it's usually Energy or Shards. Earth is the best for it. Mothyards has one at xx:00 and xx:30, while the Divide has them at xx:15 and xx:45 pretty much 100% of the time.

Events REALLY help you get those materials for legendary upgrades. So do the daily story missions on level 26 and 28.

Make sure you're doing at least one Public Event per day. You get a reward every day you do one, and it's usually Energy or Shards. Earth is the best for it. Mothyards has one at xx:00 and xx:30, while the Divide has them at xx:15 and xx:45 pretty much 100% of the time.

Events REALLY help you get those materials for legendary upgrades. So do the daily story missions on level 26 and 28.
    You're right about the exotic machine gun. I'm tearing people up.

The dude abides.

I gave up on the exotic Hand Cannon bounty. No way I'll get 500 marks in the Crucible when you get 5 for a kill and -2 for every death. I play too balls to the wall on Control to get traction there.

The dude abides.

Finally, finally, FINALLY got the Vex Mythoclast. I wish I would've gotten it before the patch that dropped it's damage by 34% this morning, but hey, it still rips right through everything so it'll probably replace my Suros as my go to weapon. It's ridiculous that a weapon like this even exists in a game like this.
    I would kill for the Vex Mythoclast, Fusion rifle is my favorite gun. Just not willing to mess with the Raid on hard or on normal for that matter.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 10-14-2014 at 09:38 PM.