Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny (PS4, XB1; PS3, 360)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Well since I paid for it I might as well give it a shot.

Wow Bungie, not a good start. Non DLC owners are getting locked out of stuff. No Weekly and Nightfall strikes for them according to reports on multiple places (based on when the DLC strike is rotated in). Bad enough they locked out Weekly and Nightfall strikes to DLC owners (until you complete all DLC related tasks).

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...pansion_to_do/

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...playlists_for/

When I was playing I noticed that only the DLC Strike Playlist (lvl 26) was the only one that gave engrams. Tiger Strikes (lvl24) do not have them. So no DLC, no simple way to get those engrams.

Went through the "Story" in about an hour. The only fun I had was the new strike on Mars (PS4 only). It is only a Lvl 20 strike (not using the random playlist) but they flood you with Minotaurs and Hobgoblins out the ass. There was a 30 and another 29 in our group and we each died a couple times. Nothing like waves of Minotaurs coming at you while Hobgoblins are sniping you from behind.

Pretty sure everyone gets the same weapon after completing the story. Won't spoil what it is but the cool thing is you can actually switch the weapon between void and solar damage. All the standard Legendary gear that you can buy at vendors is max light 33 (was 27 unless it was raid gear which was 30). So four new pieces upgraded and you will be Lvl 31. Start scrapping that old stuff. Same with Legendary guns. Pre DLC maxed out at 300, now everything maxes out at 333.

All the upgrading and bounties are starting to feel more like work than fun. Not to mention you now have DLC bounties which are just barely different than the Vanguard ones. Destiny has finally lost it's luster and I do not feel like running around trying to level up a bunch of guns and ammo but only after leveling up with the new lady and new vanguard upgrade... eh f*** it. Trading it in. Got my money's worth from the game and when Destiny 2 hits, I will be there as long as the core game is single player.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 12-09-2014 at 08:20 AM.

Starting to be glad that I canceled my pre-order back in August (with the intent on eventually picking it up down the road), to then deciding a month later that this game was not what it was being pimped as and knew it would be a waste of my time.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I #TrustTheScript

What was it pimped as before?

I dunno I've put a ton of time in it, and now have started a new character since Snoop has the game.
    The dude abides.

Yeah, that shit of locking players that didn't buy the DLC out of certain events is just as sleazy as it comes. I'm bored to death with the game anyway. The Crucible sucks, the strikes get boring after just one of them, it's too much of a hassle to get a Raid group together, etc...

They really lost me when they revealed if we want our current exotic weapons to be able to do well with the higher level content with the DLC, we'd have to pay 7,000 glimmer and then level them all up again. Yeah, no.

It also shits on the people who did the Vault of Glass, over and over just to hit 30. Making standard DLC Legendary gear higher rated than Raid gear. Lot's of questionable decisions over the course of the game. Hopefully learn from their mistakes but being partnered with Activision, I doubt it.

I kinda look at it as the old school JRPG grind, so I am still loving the game. Played some last night, pretty cool that we get to rip up shit with that sword again.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I kinda look at it as the old school JRPG grind, so I am still loving the game. Played some last night, pretty cool that we get to rip up shit with that sword again.
    Grinding is one thing. Making you regrind existing weapons and armor from scratch, just to level it up to it's higher damage rating? That is just bull crap. Changing the things you need to grind (what to do with all those ass shards and energy, forcing Zur on players to upgrade exotics and making those coins a priority). And then eliminate some of the grinding (Get your Spinmetal in bulk)...

I will miss the combat. Everything related to the combat is just so damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Grinding is one thing. Making you regrind existing weapons and armor from scratch, just to level it up to it's higher damage rating? That is just bull crap. Changing the things you need to grind (what to do with all those ass shards and energy, forcing Zur on players to upgrade exotics and making those coins a priority). And then eliminate some of the grinding (Get your Spinmetal in bulk)...

I will miss the combat. Everything related to the combat is just so damn good.
    Preach on. I already went through the grind, maxed out the exotic weapons I want to use (Vex, Last Word, Icebreaker, etc...) and now for them all to be useable on the new content, I have to go through that entire grind again. It's absolutely the dumbest thing I've ever heard of it and just wreaks of desperation to give players something to do since the new content is very light at best.

The story missions literally don't even take an hour, so we basically got one new strike and one new Raid, all for what...$20? What a joke. Really wish I didn't let my buddy convince me to buy the season pass a few months ago, because this is easily one of the biggest robberies in the history of promised content/actual delivered value.

I can't believe some of these guys had a hand in making the original Halos.

I can't sell this damn game, though I know I should. Have not played it for weeks but the game keeps calling to me. Sitting up on the shelf pleading me to play it. Had plenty of chances to sell it. Even had it in my truck as I went by a Gamestop. There is a strike from the DLC I never did and of course I already paid for both expansions. The gunplay is so good.

You can also solo the entire new raid clear up to the final boss. Got a chest piece yesterday doing it. At least Bungie's inability to release a bug free game is beneficial in some ways.

I have NEVER been into FPS. I always found the camera angle disorienting and so I just stuck with sports games and some third person shooters. Well I've messed around with the Destiny demo a little and it's fun. I like the open areas. My son loved the demo and is getting it for Christmas. I DID end up buying PS+ so he can go online. It was fun seeing other people in the game (and not being jerks since they can't shoot you).

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    It was fun seeing other people in the game (and not being jerks since they can't shoot you.
    Yeah noticed that assholish behavior in Watch Dogs. That was last time I got online in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    You can also solo the entire new raid clear up to the final boss. Got a chest piece yesterday doing it. At least Bungie's inability to release a bug free game is beneficial in some ways.
    and now through the final boss.

You pretty well have to be level 31 to even attempt that. If they don't patch it by the time I get up to 31, I'll definitely be giving it a whirl.

You should be able to legitimately solo it anyway, just like the NF. As I've always said, requiring 6 people to do it is just plain stupid.

Cryptarch does it again. 2 Legendary and 1 Exotic engram all turn into...

Spoiler: show
    Three Armor for a freaking Warlock class I do not have.

Do you guys create all three types of classes? If so how far up the level are they all?

I just stick with my Titan Lvl 30 attacker, about to be 31. Most people I play with create all three.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Do you guys create all three types of classes? If so how far up the level are they all?
    If you're going to try to hit max level, it's a massive grind. Doing it for all 3 classes requires a lol worthy time investment. I have a level 28 Hunter and then I have 2 Titans which I alternate the armor between. Whenever I have my legit gear on my Titan, he's a level 30. It's easier to have 3 characters of the same class so that you're only ranking up one set of gear, which requires a lot less time.

You still get the benefits of having 3 characters, though. The only downside is what will inevitably happen and what B was referring to in the post above yours - you'll get gear that's not even for your class.

That was cool this morning Brent. I'm such a noon at online I was completely clueless. I'm going to pick up a Tritton set today. Only $25 and my nephew is getting this too so my kids will be able to talk to each other as well. Sorry about my technical issues. I don't even know where to look. I had to grab the packed in Mic out of the bag. Never used it before.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/produ...80a6a15862en02