Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny (PS4, XB1; PS3, 360)

• Facebook
  • Display
    If you play solo and want some help:

Remember to set you fireteam setting to open to public. It make it much easier for other guardians to join your fight

FYI: To set your fireteam settings to public open the Options menu and go to the Roster tab. Click the icon beside the heading FIRETEAM and change setting from friends only to Public. This needs to be done every time you log on.

I'll be playing Destiny tonight (PS4) after my NCAA OD game if anyone wants to get in a fireteam.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    If you play solo and want some help:

Remember to set you fireteam setting to open to public. It make it much easier for other guardians to join your fight

FYI: To set your fireteam settings to public open the Options menu and go to the Roster tab. Click the icon beside the heading FIRETEAM and change setting from friends only to Public. This needs to be done every time you log on.

I'll be playing Destiny tonight (PS4) after my NCAA OD game if anyone wants to get in a fireteam.
    Oh hell yeah!

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

Glad to see this game getting drilled by some of the major reviewers. For the massive amount of hype this game received, it's almost laughable how far away it came from reaching a quality equivalent to that hype.

Trying to get through the SP again with another character and I don't know if I can. Every single SP mission is exactly the same, and even though it's open world, it really doesn't feel like it. Go here, kill some enemies, examine something with your Ghost, fight off massive wave of enemies, mission complete...rinse and repeat. The same old 5 or 6 Strike missions also get incredibly tedious because the end boss is nothing but a bullet sponge (I guarantee you the one on the moon takes upwards of 10,000 hits to down him, and that's as a level 21...10 levels above the recommended level of 11).

Throw in one of the most unbalanced, cheap, and uninspiring competitive modes you can play and you've got something that makes one scratch their head as to how this same company designed and developed the freaking Halo series.

Sunbathing in Venus

The dude abides.

Level 23 and FINALLY got my first legendary item. For the Hunter. I'm a Titan.

CDJ and I just finished a 7 hour session. Definitely got some ranking up in tonight.

The dude abides.

It just blows my mind how many things are wrong with this game. Throw on top of everything else I've mentioned that the loot system is AWFUL. You'll get Legendary engrams and the vast majority of the time you wont get a Legendary item - but rather something uncommon or rare. It's just stupid. I've had 8 Legendary engrams drop and I haven't gotten a single Legendary item from one of them yet.

IMO, it should scale up depending on the engram. With a silver one, bare minimum you get a regular item, green you get a bare minimum uncommon item, blue bare minimum rare, purple bare minimum legendary, etc...

Honestly, with a lot of patch work, this game wont be so bad, but right now it's just tedious and complete luck when it comes to getting good gear.

So just because you don't get what you want right away, the game is terrible?

I'm having a hell of a lot of fun with Destiny.

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    So just because you don't get what you want right away, the game is terrible?

I'm having a hell of a lot of fun with Destiny.

No. The game is terrible because:

"Campaign"
    -6 hours long
    -Every mission is the same (kill some enemies, go somewhere and have your Ghost scan something, kill another few waves of enemies, done!)
    -Bosses are nothing but bullet sponges - nothing unique or challenging.
    -Horrific voice acting

Raids
    -No matchmaking, you have to invite people on your friend's list.
    -Bosses are bullet sponges.

Crucible
    -Fusion rifles are overpowered
    -Shotguns are overpowered
    -Sniper rifles are overpowered
    -Majority of games are filled with lag (P2P servers, FTW)
    -Spawn system is awful
    -Super abilities are all overpowered
    -Matchmaking is some of the worst I've seen and constantly creates stacked teams vs. bad ones.
    -Terrible map design.

The loot is just another thing on top of it. The game would be slightly better if the loot system worked as I described, but it would still not be a good game. In the 30+ hours I've played it, I've only had a few Legendary engrams drop, and they were all well after I hit level 20(I didn't see my first Legendary engram until I was rank 22 or 23)...so it's pure bullshit that they can(and 99% of the time do) spit out lower tiered gear. It's fucking stupid. Getting good gear is literally the ONLY point in playing the game after you beat the "campaign". With as rare as Legendary engrams are, the only thing they should be capable of spitting out is Legendary/Exotic gear. If they were more common, then sure, allow for the gear to be rare or whatever. However, with only 7 or 8 drops in the amount of time I've played, I think it's wise to highly increase the rate in which they produce Legendary/Exotic gear.

I've definitely yet to see lag.

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I've definitely yet to see lag.

You're not going to, either. It's not the kind where people are bouncing around. It's the same kind that Call of Duty has where you're just losing gun battles that you shouldn't be losing. You can especially tell in this because you can see the bullets lag and continue coming out of a gun after someone has died. I've gotten numerous kills with my gun seconds after I was already killed. It's not game breaking by any means, but people are going to experience deaths they shouldn't experience every game unless you're the host. Although, speaking of game breaking, I've had a few instances(especially last night) where I was UNLOADING into guys only for them to down me, run away for like 5 or 6 seconds, and then finally fall over dead, crediting me with the kill.

Another thing with the loot system - in the Crucible, you have a MUCH better chance of getting Legendary/Exotic rewards by doing poorly. Probably 1/3 of my matches end in someone in the bottom 2 getting awarded with a Legendary engram. There's reports of people getting freaking Exotic weapons by finishing in the bottom 2 as well, although I've never seen that personally.

I guess it's to balance things out and maybe make those bad players a little better with better gear, but all people are doing now are AFK/doing bad on purpose so they finish at the bottom and have a chance at better stuff.

Alone by a throne.

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post

"Campaign"
    -6 hours long
    -Every mission is the same (kill some enemies, go somewhere and have your Ghost scan something, kill another few waves of enemies, done!)
    -Horrific voice acting

Raids

Crucible
    -Spawn system is awful
    -Matchmaking is some of the worst I've seen and constantly creates stacked teams vs. bad ones.
    -Terrible map design.

The loot is just another thing on top of it. The game would be slightly better if the loot system worked as I described, but it would still not be a good game. In the 30+ hours I've played it, I've only had a few Legendary engrams drop, and they were all well after I hit level 20(I didn't see my first Legendary engram until I was rank 22 or 23)...so it's pure bullshit that they can(and 99% of the time do) spit out lower tiered gear. It's fucking stupid. Getting good gear is literally the ONLY point in playing the game after you beat the "campaign". With as rare as Legendary engrams are, the only thing they should be capable of spitting out is Legendary/Exotic gear. If they were more common, then sure, allow for the gear to be rare or whatever. However, with only 7 or 8 drops in the amount of time I've played, I think it's wise to highly increase the rate in which they produce Legendary/Exotic gear.
    Don't get your hopes up very high for legendary items.

http://kotaku.com/these-people-tried...yst-1636331002

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

I get and agree with some (a lot?) of IOUs thoughts on the game, but when we hit the fork in the road, I would say I really like the game in spite of its shortcomings. I haven't played a shooter this much (online and off) in quite a while. Playing with friends helps a lot IMO. If I played completely solo, I'm not sure I'd be as high on the game. There's a lot where Bungie missed the mark, but there's also a lot they got right and I think it is fun, even if not a great/perfect game.

Though I'm not into shooters as much as IOU, so I'll be the first to admit that my bar is probably significantly lower.
    Last edited by cdj; 09-19-2014 at 07:27 AM.

Bungie has revealed fresh details on the remaining events set to launch in Destiny this September.

Though we already knew the names and runtimes of Combined Arms and The Queen's Wrath, an update on Bungie.net shines a light on what we should expect.

First up, as of today Combined Arms is live, offering a special Crucible playlist that focuses on vehicular combat and with Heavy Ammo dropping far more regularly. It's due to run across the weekend with rewards including Crucible Gear, Marks and Reputation.

If PvP isn't your thing though, there's no need to panic. Starting on Tuesday The Queen's Wrath goes live. Running from September 23 to October 6, The Awoken's ruthless ruler is calling in that favour you owe her and throwing new bounties your way, along with "challenging mission modes". It'll apparently be worth doing though, with Unique Legendary and Rare Gear set to go to participants.

September itself will be rounded out with a Salvage playlist, before October kicks off with another Crucible playlist called Iron Banner.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/..._medium=social

I have a new account to follow on Twitter for my daily laughs.

A lot more in the spoiler.

Spoiler: show

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post

"Campaign"
    -6 hours long
    -Horrific voice acting

Raids

Crucible
    -Spawn system is awful
    -Terrible map design.

I agree with all this part, but I can't hold it against them, this is status quo for any game that wants to do an MMO style shooter.

"Campaign"
    -6 hours long
    -Horrific voice acting

I agree with this part wholeheartedly......What really erks me is that the game wants to play PvP, and that really bothers me. The Pvp is just terrible and its just stupid how much gear you can't buy because you have to go PvP, even if that's not your thing. Really with the way I see it, this game is setting itself up for the ole real money for fake money bait. The way the loot system is set up, the way they want you to grind out on PVP, and super grind on PvE, I see it coming.

Crucible
    -Spawn system is awful
    -Terrible map design.

The loot system is pretty bad also, but I can't call it a terrible game, just a game thats needs some polish. I really hope they reward the PvE more, the PVp just rewards people sooo much more at this point its unavoidable.

Edit: Lets not forget the call of duty -esq knife animation. Really online all you have to do is shoot a little bit then knife them. It mostly comes down to who hits it first.
    Last edited by oweb26; 09-19-2014 at 08:28 AM.

The Crucible is truly nothing but a bunch of crutches for people who can't be good at any other online shooter. I should have expected that when Bungle was saying "we want everyone to be able to enjoy Destiny," but I didn't think there would be this much unbalanced stuff. I mean there's at least 4 or 5 different things that are capable of one hit killing people from all sorts of different ranges. It's just stupid.

It's so funny around the webs seeing people saying how they hate Destiny but are still putting in tons of hours into it.

As for balancing, etc. That takes time to tune. You have an alpha and a beta, then you sell $500M worth of copies.

The game just came out 10 days ago. Absolutely NO shooter is perfect out of the box in terms of tuning.
    The dude abides.

Even if Bungie wanted to try, the Crucible would NEVER be balanced. There's just way too much shit (virtually every aspect of the game) that is unbalanced right now.

Besides, if anything, Bungie has shown that it doesn't care. The Shingen-C was overpowered in the Alpha. Through the beta and the retail game they didn't make a single change to it, and it's still overpowered - along with it's cousin the Shingen-E.

Only playing it right now because my friends do. As I said in the Alpha, the Crucible is awful and there's nothing else to do outside of that after you beat the game. It just blows my mind the creators of Halo could create something so awful and unbalanced.

Besides, read the reviews. Several reviewers called them out on the same shit I and many others have.
    Last edited by I OU a Beatn; 09-19-2014 at 12:28 PM.