Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny (PS4, XB1; PS3, 360)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    In the Crucible, The Last Word will take a 0.5 k/d scrub to a easy 1.0+ player instantly. I'm truly glad most people aren't going to give it a chance because it's ridiculously overpowered. Keep at short/medium range and it's easy street against everything else.
    It is a great gun and still I scrapped it a day after purchasing it. Easy to see why it would be kick ass in PvP but I will stick to the Fusion Rifle, for what little Crucible I play in. I really hate the reload animation, not much of a from the hip shooter (which is a big bonus for this gun) and I just prefer to go Auto/Fusion. Did fully upgrade a scout rifle and it will serve well in the arsenal. Great distance gun for PvE and will make a another secondary gun when the Ice Breaker is in use.

Still need 2 Raid pieces to get 30. Got 10 stupid coins from the last one.

Glad the bounty slots have now doubled. Now I can hold two of the exotic bounties while doing the regular ones.
    The dude abides.

Iron Banner starts tomorrow.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

Iron Banner 2.0 is live.

It's hammer-time for Destiny, now that the game's "Reforged" Iron Banner event is up and running until Monday, November 24. Hammer-time, get it? You know... forges... hammers... can't touch this? Oh, never mind.

Bungie pitched the first Iron Banner as a limited-time PVP event in which "power matters." It was designed to remove the level playing field of the regular Crucible competitive multiplayer mode. In reality, the level-enabled advantages weren't that advantageous.

This time, Bungie knowingly introduced the tweaked Iron Banner by saying, "Power. Does. Matter! (no, really)." According to the developer, players within three levels of each other will be competitive, while "players out of your league will seem like a boss."

A maxed The Last Word in Iron Banner is laughable. It's not even a challenge.

The Dark Below DLC opening cinematic:

There's a level 21 playing in the Iron Banner first round was 0.05 k/d and he's sticking around for round 2.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

To those who have both

This or COD?

Story modes don't really matter to me just something I can mess around with when I want to play shooter online

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    To those who have both

This or COD?

Story modes don't really matter to me just something I can mess around with when I want to play shooter online
    Call of Duty. Destiny's Crucible mode is pretty well garbage.

Thats what I really didn't understand when I played Beta

Crucible is just online multiplayer right?

It was a bunch of insta kills when I played. Though I did like those vehicles you could get.

Thanks IOU. Now I need to find a deal for it lol

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Thats what I really didn't understand when I played Beta

Crucible is just online multiplayer right?

It was a bunch of insta kills when I played. Though I did like those vehicles you could get.

Thanks IOU. Now I need to find a deal for it lol
    Yep, Crucible is just the competitive mode. Every player has a constantly regenerating "Super" that generates even faster for doing things like getting kills or capturing objectives. If you completely suck, you'll have your Super at least 3 times every game. I usually get over 20 kills and I'm routinely up around 6 or 7 Super uses. They're basically guaranteed kills, most of which are going to be multiple kills. The Hunter has the Golden Gun, which is a one hit kill gun with 3(4 if you have the special helmet) bullets, basically guaranteeing a slew of easy kills. The Titan has the hulk smash, which is worth a ton of kills if you sneak up on a team capturing a point.

Besides that, shotguns are one hit kills and have insane ranges. Fusion rifles are one hit kills from MEDIUM range and under (the Plan C fusion rifle has one hit kill assault rifle range, not kidding). Sniper rifles are one hit kills to the head and has massive aim assist.

Like you said, it's just a bunch of instant kill situations. You can avoid some of it, but just starting fresh, you'd have such weak weapons that you wouldn't be able to play the Crucible without getting owned by people with way better weapons.

I realize Call of Duty is really quick time to kill with virtually every weapon, but the flow of the game is much better compared to Destiny. Plus, you'll be competitive right away because some of the best guns in the game are unlocked right away.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Yep, Crucible is just the competitive mode. Every player has a constantly regenerating "Super" that generates even faster for doing things like getting kills or capturing objectives. If you completely suck, you'll have your Super at least 3 times every game. I usually get over 20 kills and I'm routinely up around 6 or 7 Super uses. They're basically guaranteed kills, most of which are going to be multiple kills. The Hunter has the Golden Gun, which is a one hit kill gun with 3(4 if you have the special helmet) bullets, basically guaranteeing a slew of easy kills. The Titan has the hulk smash, which is worth a ton of kills if you sneak up on a team capturing a point.

Besides that, shotguns are one hit kills and have insane ranges. Fusion rifles are one hit kills from MEDIUM range and under (the Plan C fusion rifle has one hit kill assault rifle range, not kidding). Sniper rifles are one hit kills to the head and has massive aim assist.

Like you said, it's just a bunch of instant kill situations. You can avoid some of it, but just starting fresh, you'd have such weak weapons that you wouldn't be able to play the Crucible without getting owned by people with way better weapons.

I realize Call of Duty is really quick time to kill with virtually every weapon, but the flow of the game is much better compared to Destiny. Plus, you'll be competitive right away because some of the best guns in the game are unlocked right away.
    Mean't to respond other day after reading but forgot

Thanks man. I downloaded the trial over the weekend and played a little. Didn't play any Crucible though not even sure it's available. I know you have to unlock it through the story mode first though.

I may play to unlock it just to give it another go. Like you said I'll likely get thrashed being so low.

My son LOVED the trial. He is now getting it for Christmas. He has a level 7 Titan or Warlock. His second character isn't as strong.

The gunplay is top notch in the game. I only dabbled with online and it was a one-shot wonderland but the PVE was a blast, just too repetitive. COD seems to be for the multiplayer, I did not care for the single player. Far Cry 4 is the best of all worlds. Online co-op is amazing (have not tried the 5v5 but i hear it is meh) but you can create your own maps and you can create your own arena fights. The singleplayer is simply the best out there. Better than GTAV and I loved GTAV.

Yeah that's why I get COD every year for multiplayer ever since I discovered MW2 believe.

Since I only play predominantly sports games I always played that to switch it up and play something different.

Thanks for info B. GTA online use to piss me off. Bastards would fuck with me while I was trying to do shit

For a pick up and play competitive shooter, there's simply nothing out there better than Advanced Warfare right now, which is sad because it's not really that good right now because of all the lag compensation issues. Titanfall is still the best competitive shooter out there right now, but I'm pretty sure you're on PS4, so Advanced Warfare is your best bet.

Yeah I know figured that would be the case lol

Yep on PS4, still have my Xbox name. If I could get an Xbox One I'd buy Titanfall in a second. Wanted that game since I first heard about it.

Tomorrow!!!
    The dude abides.