Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First NCAA Football 14 Community Event this week, provide your input

• Facebook
  • Display
    Ah, for CPU teams. Got it.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

CPU players dive too early trying to make tackles. Just was able to get a big gain because the CPU defender chasing me dove and didnt get me, whereas if he would have kept running he wouldve reached me about 20 yrds short of the endzone.

Here is an easy fix but very small in importance. For the shoe color, if a team is black, make the team color the secondary color. Oregon State for example it'd be orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Tako 715 View Post
    Here is an easy fix but very small in importance. For the shoe color, if a team is black, make the team color the secondary color. Oregon State for example it'd be orange.
    Is Oregon State's primary color in the game black? Seems like a smarter move would be to make team colors non-black. There was a problem a few years ago where a black team color caused some havoc with the menus (used Black on a Teambuilder team).

Quote Originally Posted by Schauwn View Post
    CPU players dive too early trying to make tackles. Just was able to get a big gain because the CPU defender chasing me dove and didnt get me, whereas if he would have kept running he wouldve reached me about 20 yrds short of the endzone.
    not only this, but it seems like the animation for their dive tackle slows them down, which intentionally causes their dive attempt to miss.

pursuit angles tie into this as well. defenders still take angles that put them in a chasing position, instead of trying to cut off future yards.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    not only this, but it seems like the animation for their dive tackle slows them down
    I think there's just no explosion in the dive animation. It's more of a jump into the air than a propelled tackle attempt. That animation, at least.

And agreed on the pursuit, though it's a lot better (and I think that a player's PUR rating factors significantly into that).

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Is Oregon State's primary color in the game black? Seems like a smarter move would be to make team colors non-black. There was a problem a few years ago where a black team color caused some havoc with the menus (used Black on a Teambuilder team).
    I guess I don't know what primary or secondary colors are. But when you pick shoe color, "team color" should never be black. It's not a big deal, just something that could be improved when picking uniforms.

Oline vs Dline interaction
    --- as it is now (and always had been) its a simple "win/loss" with no real battle or struggle between the two players

CB vs WR interaction
    --- same as Oline vs Dline, there is no struggle, no real battle for inside position, it seems like a "win/loss" scenario every single time

Offensive Line run blocking
    --- Lineman seem like they are programed to block a specific player... If that player isn't reachable, they will chase him (even if he's trailing the HB) in an effort to block him, rather than, moving on to his next read and blocking someone he can reach...

Foot Planting
    --- I'm tired of seeing players stop on a dime, change direction and still maintain their speed... The weaving HB's is a good example of this

Defensive Players that "learn"
    --- I can kill the same CB all game long on Out Routes and Curls... Eventually that CB should start to look for those routes, which would then open him up to biting on a Double Move route like a out and up or something... The way it is now, I can run the same exact play all the way down the field and the defense never "learns" what I'm doing and never makes an adjustment

Ability to move Conference Games in the Custom Schedule Section
    --- I run an Online Dynasty every year, and not being able to move the Conference games to other Weeks makes it very hard to schedule user vs user games... I don't care about about "locking" the team, so, I have to play my conference game, but, If I could just move the game to a different Week, that would solve this issue...

+1

Ability to move Conference Games in the Custom Schedule Section
    --- I run an Online Dynasty every year, and not being able to move the Conference games to other Weeks makes it very hard to schedule user vs user games... I don't care about about "locking" the team, so, I have to play my conference game, but, If I could just move the game to a different Week, that would solve this issue...[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post
    1 major request for NCAA 14 and it deals with Game Plan Adjustments please give us the option to turn these off for both the User and CPU team.

I don't use the adjustments for offense or defense so give me the option to turn off that feature in Dynasty just like you already do with Home Field advantage and Ice the kicker. I would think adding an on/off option would be pretty easy.
    Also the ability to remove player lock! Move a player on defense too fast left or right as an adjustment and if you press down it goes to player lock which makes the camera switch to the behind view. Not only can that cause havoc because if they hike while it is moving you end up running the wrong way, but also when the player locks you are most likely used to going down the screen on defense rather than up.

NCAA 14

• Bug where after you pick a def play in the playbook, the screen flips to the field view and then for some reason it makes you pick a play again, however now your team is locked. You can't move, can't change player, you can't audible or do anything.
    • Sliders set between 0-100 are way to far apart to make that specific of an adjustment, should be 1-10 or 20. When you set RTP to 53 it is barely called, when you set it to 54 if you breath on the QB it get's called. What is the real difference between 54 and 99 then?
    • On RTP, CPU needs to have better penalty knowledge. Player turns with the pass, long after it is gone, to run upfield to follow the play and touches the QB and they get a penalty. They aren't trying to tackle or in the act of tackling.
    • In OD, if a human doesn't play a game, their shouldn't get their stats updated.
    • Stop giving the promise of a game in state for players in your state. You already get a pipeline bonus for recruiting.
    • Fix rivals tracking. In our OD, Human ASU and Human UofA play every year and both of their rival records are 0-0.
    Last edited by Bohica1010; 02-02-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohica1010 View Post
    • Bug where after you pick a def play in the playbook, the screen flips to the field view and then for some reason it makes you pick a play again, however now your team is locked. You can't move, can't change player, you can't audible or do anything.
    • In OD, if a human doesn't play a game, their shouldn't get their stats updated.
    The first is a no-huddle bug, not related to picking a play on defense.
    Regarding the second: huh?

I'm confused, how is it considered a no huddle bug if they weren't running no huddle? Sorry, for not being up on this one, but since I hadn't experienced anything with no huddle I never looked at the chains. Can you post a link to the chain for me?

The first is a no-huddle bug, not related to picking a play on defense.
    Regarding the second: huh?

I'm confused, how is it considered a no huddle bug if they weren't running no huddle? Sorry, for not being up on this one, but since I hadn't experienced anything with no huddle I never looked at the chains. Can you post a link to the chain for me?
    Well, it's always possible that I'm wrong in your instance. But I've only seen this bug, dating back to NCAA 11 and both editions since then, when a CPU team is running No Huddle. What happens is that the game gets confused, after a cutscene, and sends you back to the play call screen. Usually after an injury is when I see it. But the injured player isn't removed from the field, and will sometimes suffer a worse injury.

I first described seeing the bug here:

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ll=1#post21488

Stop giving the promise of a game in state for players in your state. You already get a pipeline bonus for recruiting.
    What if I'm Florida State and I play at Gainesville or Miami every year? Why should other schools get to promise a game in Florida plus have a pipeline but I'm not allowed to?

I'd prefer they just get rid of the promise completely rather than set confusing restrictions. Or they could just make it so home games don't count toward keeping that promise.

Well, it's always possible that I'm wrong in your instance. But I've only seen this bug, dating back to NCAA 11 and both editions since then, when a CPU team is running No Huddle. What happens is that the game gets confused, after a cutscene, and sends you back to the play call screen. Usually after an injury is when I see it. But the injured player isn't removed from the field, and will sometimes suffer a worse injury.

I first described seeing the bug here:

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ll=1#post21488
    I never really thought about what had happened before. I never noticed they were running no huddle or there was an injury before the normal play calling screen. I will be more prepared to think about it next time it happens.

What if I'm Florida State and I play at Gainesville or Miami every year? Why should other schools get to promise a game in Florida plus have a pipeline but I'm not allowed to?

I'd prefer they just get rid of the promise completely rather than set confusing restrictions. Or they could just make it so home games don't count toward keeping that promise.
    Something needs to be done. Even if it is a lot less points. If the game is smart enough to penalized me versus grade and level of interest, it should be smart enough to recognize a limit value for promising a game in the home state when it is a given they will get many games in the home state. If I am Wisconsin, unless proximity to home is high, you shouldn't be able to make a promise that is over 150 points to a Wisconsin kid. I am already cleaning up on points every week on proximity. If Oregon is coming to Wisconsin next year, they should get more points for that Wisconsin kid as a promise than I should. But you are right, something needs to be done. I don't think taking the promise is the right thing, since in real life, that can be a big selling point.

So, basically, you're thinking that a promise of "home state" to a local kid should be worth didly, whereas to an out of state kid it should be worth more. I could possibly see that. I do agree that the risk/reward of the promise is horribly off, since there's no chance of me failing the promise (then again, there's no chance of anybody failing the promise unless you (or your OD commish) forget to give you a certain game).

"Promise to win a game in the player's home state" would carry a lot more risk.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 02-03-2013 at 12:10 AM.

Man they should just wait until the new consoles are out next Christmas some other games might be possibly doing that. But any ways here are my thoughts.

* Yes bring back the crowd noise from 06 , along with icing the kicker in key moments.
    * I would love to see them also bringing back the QB vision from 05 to 06 as well. The little cone vision when your passing. That could be hell a fun with all the new
    controls.
    * More length in RTG Quarters 5 mins is just not enough IMO! Plus if we could some how get our faces in the game or an uploaded. Madden is doing it!
    * The under armor bowl for your RTG would be fun to do as well after your senor season then doing a combine or what for the college teams. RTG still needs more of a
    scouting way of getting you into a school then just earning points.

That is all I can think of. I'm sure there is tons more. I can't wait tho for the summer to get here for the new game. I got NCAA 13 way late around Christmas time. However, I am still loving the game though .

Ice the kicker is still in the game.