Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BCS Title Game Predictions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    It's not a stretch of possibility, no, but I still don't know why the hell he would want to leave. He is set for life there. As long as he wants to remain, he's gonna have a job and contract, paying him millions a year, and with Alabama becoming a hot destination for top players in the country, it's not him trying to recruit players to the team, it's him trying to choose which players he wants.

Whereas in the NFL, he's gonna be with a shitty team, so he's already gonna be sitting there with his work more than cut out for him from day one, basically having to be flawless in the draft selections he makes, making some massive coups in free agency to draw in top talent, and even then, it would probably be 2-3 years at least before he would start to see actual success on the field with an NFL team, which by that time, the fans are already starting to call for your ass to be fired.
    There's also the fact that he would be in a division with the Steelers and Ravens and throw in the Bengals(every 5 years) It would take a heck of a lot of work to do anything sustainable in that division.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    He's pretty much there until he calls it a career or one of his assistants is convicted of molesting young boys,

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I'm sorry but there MUST be something going on behind the scenes for him to be THAT good at recruiting kids. The dude has players as 3rd stringers. It's ridiculous the amount of recruit talent on that team.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I'm sorry but there MUST be something going on behind the scenes for him to be THAT good at recruiting kids. The dude has players as 3rd stringers. It's ridiculous the amount of recruit talent on that team.
    While I'm not going to say they are completely clean because I have no idea, but iirc Bama hasn't even had the top class in awhile. Consistently top 10 but Texas, Florida, etc get the same amount of 5 stars.

winning and being on tv does half the work

Darn I had the Irish winning by 2 TD's.........

Expected Bama to win...but goodness

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    While I'm not going to say they are completely clean because I have no idea, but iirc Bama hasn't even had the top class in awhile. Consistently top 10 but Texas, Florida, etc get the same amount of 5 stars.
    This. Getting talent is one thing, developing it and then game planning are two more. Sadly, Saban does all three very well.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    2004 = 29 commits
    2005 = 31 commits
    2006 = 23 commits
    2007 = 25 commits
    2008 = 32 commits
    2009 = 28 commits
    2010 = 26 commits
    2011 = 23 commits
    2012 = 26 commits
    2013 = currently 20 commits

pretty hard to justify an 85 scholarship player roster with those totals.

Gotta love the SEC.

Though to mors initial point about "they're dirty because they have 5-star players as third stringer" ... pretty easy to do that when you also have 5-star players on the first and second string. And the allure of "we're going to win a championship" works pretty well.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    2004 = 29 commits
    2005 = 31 commits
    2006 = 23 commits
    2007 = 25 commits
    2008 = 32 commits
    2009 = 28 commits
    2010 = 26 commits
    2011 = 23 commits
    2012 = 26 commits
    2013 = currently 20 commits

pretty hard to justify an 85 scholarship player roster with those totals.
    Yep pretty easy to scout talent when you can cut the dead weight in your higher classes every year