Thread: Any ideas on recruiting restrictions for more of a challenge?

• Facebook
  • Display

Any ideas on recruiting restrictions for more of a challenge?

I'm looking to make recruiting a little bit harder for an OD and add some recruiting restrictions and include violations, like loss of scholarships. Does anyone have any ideas?

Maybe you could have a 'no oversigning' rule. Players can only offer the same number of scholarships as they have departing players (+ open spots to roster max in year one). Basically, players would not be able to cut anyone and would have to keep who they recruit in years past.

The violations would be a tough one. Someone more creative than I probably has some ideas on that front.

Unfortunately, oversigning is nigh impossible this year since the CPU signs a number of recruits for everyone at the end of the offseason, unless the user managed to sign a full 25. Otherwise I like very much like oversigning as a restriction (though I like to give a 2 or 3 recruit buffer), with a violation penalty of 2x the number of oversigned recruits (oversigning by 1 would lose 2 scholarships, by 5 would lose 10).

Here's a set of recruiting limits I used in an NCAA 2004 dynasty many, many years ago. You could possibly start here and modify it to fit your dynasty (as well as fit the changes in NCAA 13).
    1 star- recruit in-state only; limit: 1 star(unlimited) 2 star(5) 3 star(2) 4 star(0) 5 star(0)
    2 star- one border state; limit: 1 star(unlimited) 2 star(unlimited) 3 star(3) 4 star(0) 5 star(0)
    3 star- two border states; limit: 1 star(unlimited) 2 star(unlimited) 3 star(5) 4 star(2) 5 star(1)
    4 star- region; limit: 1 star(unlimited) 2 star(unlimited) 3 star(6) 4 star(4) 5 star(2)
    5 star- 2 regions; limit: 1 star(unlimited) 2 star(unlimited) 3 star(7) 4 star(6) 5 star(3)
    6 star- all regions; limit: 1 star(unlimited) 2 star(unlimited) 3 star(8) 4 star(8) 5 star(4)

Phone calls are allowed to players outside the designated area, but visits are not until Week 5. Restrictions will take effect at the beginning of Week 2. Week 1 is free of restrictions to allow gauging of interest from upper-levels of allowed prospects.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I like that. Thanks guys

Good point, Jeff. Perhaps the user can note the players they recruit and cut CPU signed?

I had forgotten your recruiting limits idea. A great idea.

Let us know what you end up using and how you like the challenge, draper.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Good point, Jeff. Perhaps the user can note the players they recruit and cut CPU signed?
    I think the final "Signing Day" weekly e-mail shows the CPU signees, but it might not. I know when I logged into the dynasty after signing day, the dynasty told me the five or so guys that the CPU had signed.

The problem is that it becomes a trust issue.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I just got told last season in my offline that the CPU signed a 3 * DE, but then when I looked for him on my roster to cut him, he was no where to be found.