Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: (PS3) Cold Dead Hands League

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Whew! Had a major scare at Pitt. Dion Lewis made my run D look really bad. TD runs of 78 (from the Wildcat) and 52 (right up the gut). Good luck containing him to my Big East brethren!
    LOL! At least you escaped, SF. West Virginia made me look terrible last week ... I felt pretty good after trading blows with Escobar and Syracuse and losing the week before ... but after the WV game I felt like I didn't even know how to play after that rout.

Lewis will probably gash me. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by PigSooie View Post
    LOL! At least you escaped, SF. West Virginia made me look terrible last week ... I felt pretty good after trading blows with Escobar and Syracuse and losing the week before ... but after the WV game I felt like I didn't even know how to play after that rout.

Lewis will probably gash me. LOL!
    That was a nail-biter!

Lewis got good yardage (4-8 yds) on the majority of his touches. It was the big runs that were the killer. I was fortunate to get an INT in the end zone right before the half and their punter was horrid. They had a great day passing too and burned me for about 40 on PA on 3rd & inches when I run committed (something I RARELY do). Pitt also missed a chip shot FG in the 3rd (24 yds?) from the right hash (at the open end of the stadium, thank you Heinz Field). They tried but couldn't ice my kicker on the GWFG attempt.

Dion Lewis had 200 something on me, but that wasn't why I lost to Pitt. Their QB got a case of Robo QB, and I couldn't stop them in the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    Dion Lewis had 200 something on me, but that wasn't why I lost to Pitt. Their QB got a case of Robo QB, and I couldn't stop them in the 4th quarter.
    Escobar, you gonna get that WV game in so me can advance? Just checkin in with ya, bud.

Escobar has played now. If he was the only one left (I haven't checked), we should be ready to advance.

Yep ... will advance within the next 15 minutes ... gotta plug up the PS3

Yep ... will advance within the next 15 minutes ... gotta plug up the PS3
    Sweet! Are you going with a different slider set now?

I lined up the field goal perfectly, hit it perfectly and it just drifts off just enough to hit the upright and bounce out so I loose by 1. My friend asked me what happened cus I never miss field goals, I just tossed the controller and walked off cussing. Then somebody else who doesn't even play video games and didn't even see what happened says, "Was the wind blowing?" Sure enough the wind was 14 mph the whole game, but I forgot about it cus it wasn't really affecting the passing game. One slip up causes me to lose by 1 to West Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    I lined up the field goal perfectly, hit it perfectly and it just drifts off just enough to hit the upright and bounce out so I loose by 1. My friend asked me what happened cus I never miss field goals, I just tossed the controller and walked off cussing. Then somebody else who doesn't even play video games and didn't even see what happened says, "Was the wind blowing?" Sure enough the wind was 14 mph the whole game, but I forgot about it cus it wasn't really affecting the passing game. One slip up causes me to lose by 1 to West Virginia.
    Ouch!

2/5 are ready to advance, lol. Sooie and I both have byes as we prepare for our Big East showdown next week!

2/5 are ready to advance, lol. Sooie and I both have byes as we prepare for our Big East showdown next week!
    LOL! I don't think I can live with all the nailbiting! Play Escobar tight ... then barely nip Cincy ... then I got you to worry about? And then I get to figure out how to stop Dion?! LOL! Yikes!

PS - Sliders have been changed mostly to Oneback's set. I did not alter penalty rules. But I did implement the speed threshold numbers.

The changes are reflected on the front page of this thread.
    Last edited by PigSooie; 09-22-2010 at 04:07 PM.

LOL! I don't think I can live with all the nailbiting! Play Escobar tight ... then barely nip Cincy ... then I got you to worry about? And then I get to figure out how to stop Dion?! LOL! Yikes!
    Yep! I've got you and Escobar back-to-back (following Pitt) and then Cincy, Louisville (a breather perhaps?) and WVU. Sheesh. Maybe I should use the bye to enjoy my unbeaten record while I have it, lol.

It feels like Cincinnati is killing me right now. It's only 17-3 at the half, but they have a DT and DE who are monsters. I can't run for anything. Then on a pass play in the red zone he was double teamed, swims off my G, then swims off my Center and hits my QB causing him to fumble. Maybe those first few games with the Orange have worn my team out.

After reiterating what we learned from V-Tech at halftime. "We play offense, defense, and special teams" Syracuse comes back to win 34-27 after two long defensive touchdowns. One on an interception on our 15, then an intercepted pitch 10 yards from Cincinnati scoring.

Now it says OD servers are unavailable...I'm gonna keep hitting retry for the rest of the night, because I have the feeling that if I play this game again I am going to lose.

Looks like we're ready to advance.

Sooie, I can play today if we start before say 5 or so (Central). Saturday and Sunday don't look good right now. Monday, I can play whenever. What works for you?

Looks like we're ready to advance.

Sooie, I can play today if we start before say 5 or so (Central). Saturday and Sunday don't look good right now. Monday, I can play whenever. What works for you?
    Okay ... I'll go home and advance us today (Friday) at about 3:30 to 4 p.m. (Central) ... if you can start play around there (3:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.) today, we'll get it in then. Saturday is terrible for me too. So is Sunday. It'd have to be late Monday if we did do it then.

Dunno what happened, buddy. i got an email giving me a final score of 27-7. If we need to replay it, no problem.

Good game.

Dunno what happened, buddy. i got an email giving me a final score of 27-7. If we need to replay it, no problem.

Good game.
    LOL! No worries. No way would I play that one over, you earned it. You shut me down cold. I couldn't do anything consistently ... good game plan. Really good. Good luck the rest of the way!

LOL! No worries. No way would I play that one over, you earned it. You shut me down cold. I couldn't do anything consistently ... good game plan. Really good. Good luck the rest of the way!
    Thanks. Good luck to you too!