Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NCAA Cover Vote: Breakdown of Facebook Voting

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    I always look at game covers as "the marketing team has to earn there paycheck somewhere"
    put Te'o on the cover and call it a day he is from a huge football school with allot of tradition and they could market the game with a defensive guy on the cover and allege the defense is improved.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    put Te'o on the cover and call it a day he is from a huge football school with allot of tradition and they could market the game with a defensive guy on the cover and allege the defense is improved.
    You seem like a knowledgeable guy, when has corporate world every used simple logic? That is probably the best idea and you thought of it in 10 minutes but when you work in an environment where everyone thinks they need there opinions to be heard ( i.e. corporate america) you get shit like this.

I'm less concerned with the cover itself than what I perceive the direction of the marketing to be. Not sure I like the latest trends.

As for Te'o, we say 'put' like it's a guarantee he would accept. It isn't always.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

EA SPORTS has tweeted out the current top five in the #NCAACoverVote. The number in parenthesis is their Facebook voting status as of late Thursday night:

1. Notre Dame (6)
    2. Oregon (11)
    3. Ohio State (8)
    4. Texas A&M (3)
    5. LSU (16)

Rats!

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    EA SPORTS has tweeted out the current top five in the #NCAACoverVote. The number in parenthesis is their Facebook voting status as of late Thursday night:

1. Notre Dame (6)
    2. Oregon (11)
    3. Ohio State (8)
    4. Texas A&M (3)
    5. LSU (16)
    LMFAO so is the CLEAR leader with votes from the "main" vote but doesn't even scratch the Top 5? Call me crazy but perhaps the vote is rigged?

Yeah, I don't really understand this myself.

LMFAO so is the CLEAR leader with votes from the "main" vote but doesn't even scratch the Top 5? Call me crazy but perhaps the vote is rigged?
    Unless the "main" vote is significantly weighted, Kentucky doesn't have nearly enough widespread social media support to win.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Personally, if they're going to do a vote, I wish it was straightforward and simple. That goes for any company, any purpose, any outcome. Over complicating the vote just to get more social media attention is a bad, bad road for companies to go down. And I'm getting real tired of it from EA in particular.
    Well said. Initially it seemed the Facebook vote was what was being stressed most and today we see that it may not be the primary factor in choosing the Top 32. I would think getting people to like or keep up with the Facebook product page (to see game info & ultimately make a purchase in July) would trump social media engagements (a bunch of tweets & instagram photos) in December & January.

I'm sure there is a fancy analytic program to quantify it all on EA's end, but there is no way for the general public to follow that; hence think it's rigged.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'm sure there is a fancy analytic program to quantify it all on EA's end, but there is no way for the general public to follow that; hence think it's rigged.
    This, though I'd be personally surprised if it was truly sophisticated. Either way, to imply it is a specific vote, when it is more a general popularity contest is full of sigh.

EDIT: Realized you said 'fancy'. You're probably right. Fancy in marketing by a third-party, most likely. Simple in execution.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 12-29-2012 at 06:15 PM.

I was planning on updating the initial table with final Facebook vote totals, but it looks as if voting is still open despite the stated 12/31 deadline.

Not so fast my friend!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2