Thread: NCAA Cover Vote: Round 2

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA Cover Vote: Round 2

The first round of the voting for the NCAA Football 14 Cover Vote has now completed with 32 schools making it to the second round. EA SPORTS provided an update during halftime of last night's BCS National Championship Game.

Among the 32 qualifying schools, college football powerhouses such as Stanford, Oregon, LSU, and Texas A&M jumped out to large leads alongside Notre Dame. Schools such as Kentucky, Penn State, and West Virginia, which saw considerable support from their fan base, will also continue on to the next round. USC made a late charge over the weekend, jumping into the top 32.

The polls for Round 2 will open on Wednesday, January 9th and voting will continue on the NCAA Football Facebook page.

Below is the full breakdown of the 32 teams that did make it along with their ranking. As well, there is a breakdown of how the voting process will continue until on March 8th when the voting is finished.

Via EASPORTS.com
    School
    School
    1. Notre Dame 17. Alabama
    2. Stanford 18. TCU
    3. Oregon 19. Miami
    4. LSU 20. Georgia
    5. Texas A&M 21. Utah
    6. Ohio State 22. Oklahoma
    7. Nebraska 23. Tennessee
    8. Michigan 24. Arkansas
    9. Kansas State 25. Missouri
    10. Penn State 26. Oregon State
    11. West Virginia 27. Georgia Tech
    12. Florida State 28. Iowa
    13. Clemson 29. Texas
    14. Florida 30. Navy
    15. Kentucky 31. USC
    16. Wisconsin 32. BYU

From this point forward, the field will be continually halved until a champion is crowned. Below is the schedule for the remainder of the rounds.

· 32 Schools

o Voting Begins – 1/9

o Voting Ends – 1/15

· 16 Schools

o Voting Begins – 1/16

o Voting Ends – 1/22

· 8 Schools

o Voting Begins – 1/22

o Potential Cover Athletes Revealed – 1/23 to 2/3

o Voting for Cover Athlete Begins – 2/4

o Voting Ends 2/18

· 4 Schools/Athletes

o Voting Begins – 2/19

o Voting Ends – 2/25

· 2 Schools/Athletes

o Voting Begins – 2/26

o Voting Ends – 3/8

Vote totals reset after each round, so the only way fans can be sure their team continues to advance is to keep voting. Anything can happen now that the tallies are back at zero, so enthusiasts are encouraged to not only vote in the main Facebook poll, but also support their school in the secondary polls which appear daily.

This has proven to already be the most successful NCAA Football Cover Vote yet, as it has reached more than 32 million fans and garnered more than 144 million impressions on Facebook. With 8 weeks remaining in the competition, college football enthusiasts are already coming out in droves in the hopes of landing their team on the cover of the next edition of NCAA Football.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...r-Vote-Round-2
    Last edited by gschwendt; 01-08-2013 at 09:20 AM.

I would enjoy a Military School get this like I said once before but a big part of would enjoy after the year PSU had to see PSU win the cover

Wow! Milking this until March 8th... I guess of the teams left I would go for Kansas State...

Round 2 voting ends today with results expected tomorrow, but as of now here's TGT projected results:

It would appear that barring a huge late rally, the gap is too large for any in the Top 16 to change.

I am in disbelief that Navy will actually advance to round 3. I know Navy has a large as hell nationwide following, but to get 22,500 votes going head to head with West Virginia, I never thought that would happen. Definitely no love in the main poll. Navy got the second lowest number of votes of anyone in the top 16 in the main poll, only ahead of Wisconsin. For Navy to have any hope going forward, they are gonna have to get a favorable as hell head to head poll match-up. And hope to god that, depending on who they get paired up with, that I'm not the only one who is tired as hell of seeing Alabama, Michigan, Florida, etc on the cover.

And damn. Navy's gonna have to pull another upset out of their ass and get to round 4 for me to see who would even potentially be used on a Navy cover.