Walker:

Biletnikoff:

Mackey:

Lombardi:

Bednarki:

Butkus:

Thorpe:

Coach of the Year:

I am going to start a thread to post players and stats in. What is everyone's thought on the criteria for the candidates? I am for just user games but am open for whatever.

The more I think about it, it may be better to use the regular season awards the CPU hands out for what they are then instead of using the same award names we come up with a set of awards ourselves which are awarded for user vs user games by all of us.

Biletnikoff: Berry Rice, LSU. Papa loves throwing the ball deep.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    The more I think about it, it may be better to use the regular season awards the CPU hands out for what they are then instead of using the same award names we come up with a set of awards ourselves which are awarded for user vs user games by all of us.
    I agree with this... instead of using the same naming convention, just call it QB of the Year, DL of the Year, etc. using only user game stats.

Then as well, we can get creative if we wanted... for whatever reason this morning, I thought of Paul Bunyan award (best performance for a player 6'6 or taller) and the Mighty Mouse award (best performance for a player 5'9 or shorter).
    Last edited by gschwendt; 12-18-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Exactly we could have some fun with the user awards, example:

The Glass Joe Award - awarded to the starting running back with the least amount of broken tackles, or the quarterback with the most amount of sacks.

Or the QB/RB who stays injured the most....should be a close battle between overstreet and Jones

I sent OB a text and came up with in the preseason we could vote on who we think will win EA's awards and then after week 15 before the bowl games we can vote on our own awards. It would give us some time to come up with what we want to use at the end of the season. We could use the ones mentioned so far, as well as Breakout Player, Biggest Underachiever, Recruiter of the Year, etc.

to the above discussion. I'm not likely to participate in predicting the EA awards, but I'd definitely enjoy Superlative-style awards
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Biletnikoff: Berry Rice, LSU. Papa loves throwing the ball deep.

Berry will have his explosive year next season....Sheldon Young doesn't have the arm strength that Cameron Hodges does....Hodges/Rice will be reunited next season.

Since there is only one week in the season left, I am going to open this back up. A few things we need to discuss.

1. Do we vote before or after Bowl games?
    2. What categories do we want to vote on?
    3. Do we want to give a top 3 for each category or what?
    4. Did we decide how we want to do the HOF voting?

As for categories, I am thinking a few could be:

1. Best User Defense
    2. Best User Offense
    3. Best Defensive Player
    4. Best Offensive Player
    5. Coach of the Year
    6. Biggest Disappointment

I know G was wanting to get creative with some of them so let me know what ideas everyone has.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    1. Do we vote before or after Bowl games?
    For this season lets go with after since there may be a slightly longer layoff between seasons than usual as we work a few items out.

2. What categories do we want to vote on?
    I think the ones you listed are a good start for the first season of doing this:

1. Best User Defense
    2. Best User Offense
    3. Best Defensive Player
    4. Best Offensive Player
    5. Coach of the Year
    6. Biggest Disappointment

3. Do we want to give a top 3 for each category or what?
    Top 3 sounds good but I'd also like to hear the reasoning behind each selection - may spice some things up.

4. Did we decide how we want to do the HOF voting?
    I'd like to see each user present 3 candidates with stats and background\selling why said player should be inducted, then as a group we'll vote on the top 5 players. Then do this each season. Going forward candidates would carry over between game titles and we'd build a Powerhouse OD HOF not just a NCAA 13 HOF.

I'd like to see each user present 3 candidates with stats and background\selling why said player should be inducted, then as a group we'll vote on the top 5 players. Then do this each season. Going forward candidates would carry over between game titles and we'd build a Powerhouse OD HOF not just a NCAA 13 HOF.
    This was my thought as well. It will be a nice little thing to look back on through the years. I take it you want to do the HOF voting after the Bowls also?

This was my thought as well. It will be a nice little thing to look back on through the years. I take it you want to do the HOF voting after the Bowls also?
    Probably be best that way.