Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2012-13 College Football Bowl Season - Schedule & Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Well, it's definitely safe to say that Johnny Football is winning Cotton Bowl MVP. Two passing touchdowns and two rushing touchdowns so far. He, by himself, has more yards combined (485 yards passing+rushing) than Oklahoma has in total yards (341 yards).
    I was really "impressed" NOT with the Fox commentators. They were all high and mighty on ou, both picked ou hands down. It's always funny to see the "experts" make their picks. They went on and on about how this is the same old big 12 A&M team and how ou owns the Aggies. Then when it's all said and done all the experts can say is "wow". I wonder if they feel like weather men today?

Even at half time all they could say is there is no way A&M's defense will be able to hold up, they played 51 plays in the first half,....well ou didn't score in the 2nd half!

I'm just happy that all the "experts" still think we are a pass happy system/gimmick offense, our defense is too small for the SEC.

It's just funny to hear all last spring/summer season how were weren't going to be able to hang. I mean it was daily, these "experts" would go on and on about how we would be lucky to win 4 or 5 games. Now you hear from none of them and when they do speak their "expert opinions" are things like "wow".

I was really blown away with Joey Harrington, I'm not sure if he was being sarcastic or if he's jealous or WHAT...when at the end of the game he puts this spin on it that Johnny Football didn't throw for 300 yards passing and rush for 200 yards, he said he was 12 yards shy, like this was a bad thing that he didn't break that record. Was he being sarcastic? Is he jealous? If they would have put Johnny back out there to run up the score and break these silly records when we already had the lead, Joey would be the FIRST person to be saying, they should have never left him in the game, risking injury just to run up the score and break records. Some people you just can't understand or appease.

I am truly impressed with Sumlin. He is one of the first coaches we've had at A&M that walks the walk. They all say things when they first arrive like, "we're going to give everyone a shot to play, if you play hard and earn the start you get it..." well Sumlin stood by that, see: C-Mike, he had words against the coach and Sumlin made an example. Mike Evans (#13) got the start at as a true Freshman, and many other players that replaced upper-classman.

I was also concerned when Kliff Kingsburry left for ttu, then after last night it didn't look like we missed a beat. So again, Sumlin is good at putting the right pieces in place.

Ever since ou and bob stoops ran up the score on us 77-0 and went for 2 at the end of the game, then senor stoops' response was, "If you don't like it stop it..." I must say beating bama was nice, Johnny Football winning the Heisman was nice, but beating ou and seeing bob stoops and his brothers' reactions, that was the icing on the cake for this Ag.

Gig 'Em Aggies!

Gus '99

Texas A&M 11-2 (first year in the SEC, with mikey mouse offense and too-small big 12 defense) Cotton Bowl Champs!
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 01-05-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Johnny Football pwns QB Eagles. The dude is just freaky. He legitally could win 4 Heismans and not blink. Best ever since the days of lugnutt and David Horne.

Quote Originally Posted by plotty View Post
    Johnny Football pwns QB Eagles. The dude is just freaky. He legitally could win 4 Heismans and not blink. Best ever since the days of lugnutt and David Horne.
    Ah Lugnutt! Now there's a name I haven't heard in years.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Yet another college QB that won't do shit in the NFL. This fad of QBs running in the NFL is going to end REAL quick as soon as they all get DESTROYED in the playoffs (yes, I'm saying that my Redskins are going to lose in the playoffs).

And with Pittsburgh losing to Ole Miss this afternoon, Conference USA clinches the 2012-13 Bowl Challenge Cup outright with a 4-1 record (.800) in bowls and Big East falling to 3-2. The ACC finishes second at 4-2 (.667).

This will be Conference USA's second straight finish on top of the Bowl Challenge Cup standings, ending last year tied with the MAC in first. C-USA is tied with the ACC for second most Bowl Challenge Cup trophies with two, Mountain West has the most with four dating back to the start of the Cup in 2002-03 season.

The SEC, Sun Belt and WAC the only conferences to never win the Bowl Challenge Cup during its 11 season history.

who's really the favorite in

Ark State vs Kent State ?

Kent currently favored by 4 but I entered another pool where you cant change original decision and I originally picked ASU.

both schools are in coach transitions, is anyone actually focused to play this game ?

I want that other pool because of good prizes and am currently ranked number 3 out of 110 people !

A comment and a question, after reading the last few posts.

David Horne was the best who ever lived.

Who the hell is "mikey mouse"?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    A comment and a question, after reading the last few posts.

David Horne was the best who ever lived.

Who the hell is "mikey mouse"?

Mickey's cousin...on his fathers side

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post

I thought he was related to mighty mouse? Steelerfan, thanks again for getting to heart of my post.

Kent has their entire coaching staff for the bowl game. Arkansas State has everyone except Malzahn. I don't think ASU misses a beat and I think we win by 10+.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    I thought he was related to mighty mouse? Steelerfan, thanks again for getting to heart of my post.
    You can always count on me.

Quote Originally Posted by plotty View Post
    It'll be interesting to see whether or not both his tackles return for their senior years. Matthews is rumored to be returning, but I haven't seen anything official. It would hurt significantly if both of them leave. If both stay, that could be the best offensive line in college.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Yet another college QB that won't do shit in the NFL.
    Quite honestly ... who gives a shit? Honestly. Does it really matter if he's going to do shit in the NFL? He's a freshman. Let us enjoy him a little more before you throw him under the bus.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Fuck. So much for watching Kent State win tonight. They played tough all night and were right there, but their QB wouldn't stop sucking ass every play.

Twitter: @3YardsandACloud