Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Rudy and Jaymo's Madden CCM experience

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Well I decided I will stick with Miami one more year after the Superbowl. I don't know how much more I will play Madden as the baseball games and Tomb Raider comes out first week of March. I'm invested in this Dolphins team and love my young QB. What I am planning on doing is blowing up my defense and switching to a 3-4. I will move Cam Wake and then try to fill out my LBs in free agency and the draft. The 3-4 is more enjoyable to use and I prefer it in real life as well. Sean Smith at CB will probably be a cap casualty. He makes too much money and I don't really need him at the moment.

In 4 years I've seen my QB get hurt once. I think I've seen one OL get hurt and that's because he picked up a fumble. The injury system is still far too dependent on guys with the ball getting tackled and especially the defensive tacklers. Contact away from the ball never results in an injury.
    Oh no Rudy, now I will be posting alone in the madden section I agree that it's hard to play as a different team and you do truly get attached to your players. Personally I want to see if I can turn Furr into a superstar at QB. I also want to see if I can get McFadden into the hall of fame.

For me I will probably be playing Madden until the summer... BUT... SIM CITY comes out March 5th so I guess we will see what happens.

I beat New Orleans 36-31 in a game where I trailed 9-6 at halftime and 24-23 at the start of the 4th. Bree's didnt play well but they were running all over me. New Orleans actually showed me different coverages and confused me a bit. The Pre-snap reads weren't always accurate.

I am truly torn about staying or going. I only know that I want to run a 3-4 next year. I haven't done any scouting yet as I'm not sure what team I will have and what needs I might have. I haven't accepted my level increase at the end of the year. Should I decline and then quit my job? Decisions, decisions. I'm actually leaning towards moving on right now for a better challenge.

I beat New Orleans 36-31 in a game where I trailed 9-6 at halftime and 24-23 at the start of the 4th. Bree's didnt play well but they were running all over me. New Orleans actually showed me different coverages and confused me a bit. The Pre-snap reads weren't always accurate.

I am truly torn about staying or going. I only know that I want to run a 3-4 next year. I haven't done any scouting yet as I'm not sure what team I will have and what needs I might have. I haven't accepted my level increase at the end of the year. Should I decline and then quit my job? Decisions, decisions. I'm actually leaning towards moving on right now for a better challenge.
    Before declining I would check the team schemes to see all of the teams that have fired their coach. If you don't like any of the openings then you could choose to stay in Miami.

I have made it to my first SB. I will be playing the Giants who upset the 1 seed Detroit Lions. For me in the 2nd round I defeated Baltimore 23-13. I then took on the Colts in the conference championship and won 23-0. Sometime this game drives me nuts. The Colts were 10-6 but only a 72 ovr. During the game I held Luck to 55 yards. He was 7-22 in passing with 1 int. They ran the ball for -22 yards total. This was the conference championship game??? Really??? It felt more like preseason.

I lost Heyward-Bay, Streater, and McFadden to injury but McFadden may be back for the SB. However, Goodson carried the ball 24 times for 200+ yards (two runs over 43 yards) so we may be okay. I will get the SB in tonight after the kids go to sleep. However, the wife will be annoyed as I have every intention of staying up really late to do free agency and the draft!

The wife WILL be annoyed since that offseason stuff takes a long time lol! Good luck in the Superbowl!

I demanded my release and then the game said I had to retire. I guess 3 Superbowls wasn't good enough? Going to try it again and take my extension first then quit. Peyton finally retired.

There were 6 openings with the Chiefs being the most challenging. Raiders were also available. I did see Von Miller getting hit with the franchise tag.

Edit - forced to retire either way. Looks like I'm back at Miami!

Last edited by Rudy; 01-19-2013 at 03:56 PM.

I demanded my release and then the game said I had to retire. I guess 3 Superbowls wasn't good enough? Going to try it again and take my extension first then quit. Peyton finally retired.

There were 6 openings with the Chiefs being the most challenging. Raiders were also available. I did see Von Miller getting hit with the franchise tag.

Edit - forced to retire either way. Looks like I'm back at Miami!

That is just ridiculous. I wonder if it is another broken feature? Speaking of broken... the kids took a nap so I figured I would play the Super Bowl. Star of the fourth quarter and I am up 7-3. Pryor is trash so I am going to pull him. I go to the pause menu and the game freezes!!!!!!!!!!!! I am about to lose my mind right now. One again I would like to thank Tiburon for their committment to in game saves

I am very paranoid about pausing the game now. I had read the last patch caused more freezes and I agree. Twice my game froze when going to the depth chart. Now when I pause I make sure it's not when a cut scene starts and I give the game a lot of time between button presses. I wasn't sure if it was my PS3 or Madden but my money is on Madden.

One thing I wish the game would do is update ALL injuries that happen. I'd like to know how bad the CPU guys are hurt too.

I am very paranoid about pausing the game now. I had read the last patch caused more freezes and I agree. Twice my game froze when going to the depth chart. Now when I pause I make sure it's not when a cut scene starts and I give the game a lot of time between button presses. I wasn't sure if it was my PS3 or Madden but my money is on Madden.

One thing I wish the game would do is update ALL injuries that happen. I'd like to know how bad the CPU guys are hurt too.
    Agreed on all fronts. Another thing that I would like to see better worked into the game is the hot/cold streaks. Without pausing, there should be a better way to find out what is happening.

Attempt two about to begin. It is interesting to see a different intro, different cut scenes, a different fly over, different commentary etc. to start the game. Clearly no two Super Bowls are meant to feel the same.

...and it's over... what a beating: Oakland 45 NYG 17. I had over 435 yards of offense. This game was totally different from the first attempt. I was never not in control. Michael Huff is the MVP. Troy Aikman (well sort of... awful image) gave me the SB.

After the game Tom Coughlin retired. Trey Wingo had a great tweet about Coughlin now having more time to catch up in his madden season. For some reason I have been congratulated for winning in my first season... it's my second season though??? Come to think of it, the original title of this thread had to do with winning the SB in 2013-14... maybe the game is programmed to make that outcome easier???

As for me I am now a level three coach with a legacy score of 550. McFadden leads the team in overall legacy. If I stick with the Raiders he may be well on his way to the Hall of Fame... as long as injuries don''t catch up with him.

Next up is free agency and then the draft.

Pretty impressive list of major retirees...

Warner
    Gonzalez
    Peppers
    Urlacher
    Ochocinco

... just to name a few

In free agency I see that Ryan, Romo, Freeman, and Skelton are all released and available. I am going to low-ball Ran and see if he bites.

I just finished the draft and that was pretty brutal. The developers said some classes would be busts and they were not kidding. This may have been my worst ever madden draft. My 2 7th rounds picks are 32ovr and 29 ovr. I have never seen ratings that low. In other news, I made a decision to trade Derek Anderson to TB and I picked up Josh Freeman in free agency. I have definitely improved in some areas but LG & FS are still weaker areas.

Matt Ryan is the village bicycle in my franchise. He's been on a different team each year I believe. Atlanta, Arizona and Cincinnati are the three teams I've seen. Retirements are definitely random as Peyton played 4 years in my CCM and just retired. Same with Peppers.

Congrats on the Superbowl! Josh Freeman is still on the Raiders in my league.

Funny enough, the team Ryan signed with was... the Falcons. They would not sign him during the season but then overpay for him in free agency. I believe he asked for a 7 year 11.5 million per year deal.

The game froze TWICE while trying to look at my depth chart. Thank heavens I had most of my scouting saved before checking that. Only had 4000 points to burn but it was annoying. I was just trying to see if I got my free agents and redid my depth chart.

I cut Cam Wake and Sean Smith as Smith was overpaid and I'm moving to a 3-4 and Wake wouldn't fit in that scheme. Freaking Kellen Winslow is still sitting on my roster hurt! I was hoping he would retire! Instead I can't cut him so I threw him on IR again. He has huge cap numbers for crying out loud. With some wiggle room in free agency the one guy I went hard after was Terrell Suggs. He's 33 or 34 but he's still 97 overall and I need a pass rusher in my new 3-4 to make my new scheme work. Still don't know if I got him or not. I was offering over $9 million a year for 4 years which is very pricey.

I have scouted some TEs as I have little depth right now but I have scouted the front seven heavy. Scouted almost nothing else other than DL and LBs. I've got a couple good prospects in the 5th and 6th round. I stupidly scouted some guys with second round grades but I don't have a first round pick (I knew that) but forgot that picking #32 in round two is not going to give me a shot at almost anyone with grades in rounds 1-2. There are some nice sleepers though. I do want to find my future NT. I can make room by releasing Randy Starks as well.

Yeah Rudy there is a serious issue with freezes in this game. Last night I tried to re-order my depth chart and every time I used the right trigger to scroll positions the game would freeze. Thankfully I could still save the game but six straight attempts to change the depth chart and six straight freezes. I haven't tried today but I am worried about it. That sort of glitch could be one glitch to many for me to be okay with.

On a side note, I wish ea would patch formation subs so that the subs would actually stick. Every game they reset. I suspect however that patches are finished for Madden 13 offline.

I don't expect any more patches either.

After winning Super Bowl L I decided to make radical changes this offseason. My attempts to move on to another team were blocked so I decided to run a 3-4 defense which I prefer and find more fun. Unfortunately without position changes my team is not set up well to run it and I also lack a first round pick in my blockbuster draft move last year to pick up young stud QB Sam Farris. My team also entered the offseason over the cap by $2 million so some tough decisions had to be made. Cam Wake and Sean Smith were released in an effort to get under the cap and sign some guys in free agency. Lawrence Jackson has potential to move to OLB as a pass rusher but he’s a better fit in a 4-3. Didn’t decide what to do with him.

In free agency with money to spend I targeted a couple 3-4 DEs rated 85 and 80. They were only asking for around $2 million a year or less so I thought I could land them. The LB market was lousy with only 33 year old Terrell Suggs available to fit my team but he was pricey. I went up to a 4 year deal at over $9 million a year but the Bears blew me out of the water as he signed for 4 years and $49.9 million. Both of the defensive ends signed elsewhere too! I went too cheap! That leaves my squad with only one true 3-4 DE in Odrick and no pass rushing OLB. All of my LBs are versatile or run stuffing but not pass rushing. Lawrence Jackson as a DE is an 84 ROLB and my best fit for now. I did sign Nick Perry from Green Bay but he’s only around an 80.

Other free agent news: Ryan Tannehill signed with the Bengals for 4 - $23.5M. Romo signed with the Jags for 2 - $22M and Phillip Rivers went to Seattle for 3 - $60M. Andrew Luck took his spot in San Diego at 6 - $70M while Matt Ryan joined another team but at least he got a long term deal with the Bears at 5 years $55M. Cam Wake did well for himself landing with the Jags at 5 - $50M. Probably should have tried to trade him but I felt this was more realistic.

I head into the draft needing a lot of help in the front 7 to run my defence. Unfortunately the draft is weak in this area. I scouted a few tight ends and a couple late right tackles (both rated F!) but most of my efforts were on DL and LBs. Initially I had 5 B grades but when the draft commenced it was down to 2. I still kept my eye on the guys that slipped a grade feeling they will still be close to a B but I scouted 33 prospects and only 2 were Bs while 14 were Cs, 14 were Ds and 3 were Fs! And both of those Bs ended up being rated 79 after it was all done. Worse yet, there wasn’t a single OLB I was high on (one high second rounder had a D grade) but there were some DL, particularly a NT prospect I wanted and one MLB I liked. I did have two extra 4th rounders and one extra 6th rounder but no first rounder.

One of the top DE was projected early in the second and he was a B grade I would have traded up for had he slid. He didn’t and went 32nd overall (was a 79 after the draft). I was disappointed a late 6th round prospect at LB was gone by my last pick of the 5th round but other than that I got who I wanted. I got two decent 3-4 DE prospects rated 79 and 77 in rounds 2 and 4. I used my two extra 6ths to move up in the 4th round to make sure I didn’t lose the one DE and the MLB I liked. My NT looks good but nothing flashy here and all draft picks are rated in the 70s.

One interesting note was I looked at the rookie signings for some other teams. The Raiders had five second round draft picks! The Patriots only had two picks altogether (4th and 6th round). Apparently the cpu loves to wheel and deal - probably too much (see some trade offers below). The Cowboys did well this offseason. They had the 1st overall pick and used it on a stud QB. Then they also got an 86 rated rookie WR! In free agency they signed Trent Richardson as well.

After the draft I filled some holes and in the preseason I was offered trades for two guys on my team. Louis Swain, the young speedy WR I drafted with my first 1st rounder ever, was my speedy 3rd WR that Arizona offered a 2nd round pick and I took it. He now starts across from Fitz. He never lived up to his draft billing so I was happy to get a 2nd round pick back for him. Then I was offered a 2nd rounder for Lawrence Jackson. He’s an upper 80s DE and I took it. Even though he was my best ROLB I couldn’t turn down that draft pick. He’s just not a great fit for my scheme so I am well stocked next year. Randy Starks is moving this year from DT to RE and will rush inside in the nickel and dime. Should be interesting to see how my front seven perform. I have 3 rookie DE candidates and only one veteran along with my DTs. Soliai is back as my starting NT although both him and Starks are on the wrong side of 30. My young NT is a 79 and over 330. Hopefully he turns into a hoss. Either way I’m happy I’m running a 3-4 again even if my LBs don’t fit the scheme well at the moment. I will find my pass rusher next year.

Do your player ratings take a hit since you cannot technically change your coaching scheme to a 3-4 from your original 4-3? Why you cannot change your playbooks/philosophy in ccm and only before game is absolutely absurd. How could EA have such an oversight???

As for your team, that is quite the blow-up. There was a 3-4 DE in my ccm I thought about picking up as he was an 88 ovr. However, in my 4-3 he would drop down to a 76 so I figured based on his age and my free agent acqusitions it wasn't worth it.