Thread: Be away for awhile ... how's the game this year?

• Facebook
  • Display

Been away for awhile ... how's the game this year?

I haven't played NCAA football on the PS3 since NCAA 11.

I have a couple of questions. How's 13 game-play? What major changes have been made? Is the online play the same or have they added any new play modes like an OT drill? Are there still a lot of glitches and cheese in online ranked games?

I apologize if these are dumb questions.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Run of Four; 11-16-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Hey Run of Four, nice to see you back around these parts!

Gameplay, IMO, is decent. It's not mind-blowingly different from NCAA 11, but there are some changes (especially after the patches for the game) that are improvements. I basically skipped NCAA 12, at least where retail was concerned, and was able to get back into NCAA 13 with relatively little learning curve. In fact, there were a few things that I thought were gone in NCAA 12 (like Locomotion) that are more pronounced in NCAA 13. So the two play similarly enough that it shouldn't be a problem for you.

The "major" changes have mostly been off the field. Recruiting received a needed, and good, overhaul. It's no longer random topics, but it still uses a system that limits you to talking once per call about a given topic. It's a combination of what we had in NCAA 11 with what we had in the older days, and it works well. Custom Conferences was a big change in NCAA 12: you can now change the size of conferences, add teams, subtract teams, force protected rivalry games, the works. The only thing you can't do, basically, is totally get rid of a conference.

Online play is essentially the same. I can't speak for Online Ranked because I haven't played a single Online game this year -- just OD.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud