Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keeping the Game Fresh.

• Facebook
  • Display
    there's a lack of innovation too. it may not be the most popular choice but an over the top play creator would bring a ton of replayability to the game. with all of the new formations and wrinkles we see in all of the spread option offenses, it's time we get some ability to replicate it as best as we can. we've been playing with the same defenses now, since the beginning of time. lol. it'd be awesome to be able to edit the blitz angles of some players, change the default assignments on some players, etc....even create new defenses altogether.

The reason it's not "the most popular choice", MVP, is the fear of exploits. If they could limit the potential for exploits, I'd be all for a play creator. That's why I've been a fan of the "simple" play creator that just allows you to use existing routes / hot routes with existing formations. The one thing I'd want to avoid is something like the NFL Head Coach 09 play creator. Within a week of launch their servers had seemingly nothing but exploit plays uploaded. Guys making formations that, if they were even legal, would never be used. Blitz plays that involved bringing all 11. Stuff like that.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    We've been playing with the same defenses now, since the beginning of time. lol. it'd be awesome to be able to edit the blitz angles of some players, change the default assignments on some players, etc....even create new defenses altogether.
    This has been my #1 complaint. Defenses in this game are highly simplistic and we've seen the same defense, with a few additions, since what 2003. I can't imagine how many games I've played since that time. For those of us that have been playing the game since then are able to call the defense before the snap with a high degree of accuracy, we're all veteran quarterbacks that have seen it all. The only thing that really stops the offense is the lack of execution by the digital players.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The reason it's not "the most popular choice", MVP, is the fear of exploits. If they could limit the potential for exploits, I'd be all for a play creator. That's why I've been a fan of the "simple" play creator that just allows you to use existing routes / hot routes with existing formations. The one thing I'd want to avoid is something like the NFL Head Coach 09 play creator. Within a week of launch their servers had seemingly nothing but exploit plays uploaded. Guys making formations that, if they were even legal, would never be used. Blitz plays that involved bringing all 11. Stuff like that.
    To add-on, there are a many number of things that much be fixed/implemented before a full blown play editor could be implemented. There isn't one defense in the game, other than blitzes, that are designed to stop the zone read and those are glitched. I could go on for quite awhile pointing out the issues with the defenses, but there's a reason why people hate playing others that hot route all game, just imagine what it would be like if there was a play editor. The sad thing is you don't even need to make plays that are designed to beat the AI to break the defenses.

Maybe one day.

there have always been exploits jeff, even in the game we have now. i'm sure IOU could come up with a list miles long of online exploits that people use now, so what difference does it make if more exploits are added?

if we're talking exploits in online lobbies only, a new room could be created that would not allow custom playbooks. i dont know what all is involved, but i'm sure there's something ea could come up with to make it so that people could have the option to ONLY play against people using a stock playbook or an option to allow any kind of custom playbook made. people should know by now that there are enough goontards out there, that they should play in the lobbies at their own risk. the amount of bullshit that goes on in some of those games was enough for me to quit the lobbies altogether in 08. i think i've only tried 3 or 4 online lobby games since 08 was released.

same kind of thing for online dynasties....the commish could have an option to allow to disallow created plays. at the very least, there should be a house rule for every user/user game to not allow created plays if people are concerned.

whatever people do offline, is their own thing. if they want to come up with an 11 man blitz, thats fine.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    there have always been exploits jeff, even in the game we have now. i'm sure IOU could come up with a list miles long of online exploits that people use now, so what difference does it make if more exploits are added?
    The difference is that a lot of those exploits A) Take a while to setup, on offense, or B) Are impossible to setup on defense against a quick snap. As Oneback alluded to, both he and I have played against a guy that "knows" every exploit in the game, and will endlessly hot route to setup some play he knows. A simple play editor would be dangerous enough for him, because then he could set up all of his ridiculous plays ahead of time.

Now imagine a full blown editor that allows you to move players around, call different route combinations, etc. There'd be a load of bullshit going on. And that's assuming the editor was intelligent enough to recognize illegal plays. And with the game already having exploits, as you mentioned, would we really want a system that introduces new ones?

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    A full blown online usage play editor is NEVER a good idea. The only way it could possible work correctly is if they only allowed them in ODs, because, then, at least, the commish could regulate them (all created plays would have to be revealed and OK'd beforehand) and, even that sounds like a LOT of bullshit to go through just to keep the game fresh when it otherwise is the same stale template.

The difference is that a lot of those exploits A) Take a while to setup, on offense, or B) Are impossible to setup on defense against a quick snap. As Oneback alluded to, both he and I have played against a guy that "knows" every exploit in the game, and will endlessly hot route to setup some play he knows. A simple play editor would be dangerous enough for him, because then he could set up all of his ridiculous plays ahead of time.
    ok...but thats one player. is it fair to let one player who knows every cheat in the books to destroy it for everyone?

Now imagine a full blown editor that allows you to move players around, call different route combinations, etc. There'd be a load of bullshit going on. And that's assuming the editor was intelligent enough to recognize illegal plays. And with the game already having exploits, as you mentioned, would we really want a system that introduces new ones?
    i'm a dynasty guy only. i'll never play the online lobbies again, because its not fun for me to try and play bullshit/goon-tard football. fortunately, i've really only had one big problem with the several od's i've been in the past couple of years, and that guy was a big online lobby player.

my answer to your last point/question, yes, i'd still want a play creator/editor. in my mind, the advantages of what it brings and how much fun it'd be to truly create a playbook outweigh the disadvantages of playing glitch-football against dumbasses. however, even that isnt guaranteed, as the only time i'd come across those type of dumbasses would be in od's. i cant speak for everyone though, but thats my line of thinking.

But, back to your original point, the reason why it isn't the most popular item on the wishlist is that for every guy who is OD only (like you and me), there one or two that are Lobby only (like I OU). So