Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: College Football 2012 Week 12

• Facebook
  • Display
    In other news, a perfect weekend. Florida International wins Friday night, Navy wins an ugly one over Texas State today and Tulsa squeaks out a win over UCF.

West Virginia stuck with Oklahoma for the most part, could have won, had the lead, but gave up the game winner with 24 seconds left.

And it's 0-11 for Southern Miss. I'm surprised by how close it was, but a failed two point conversion with 2:48 left dooms the Golden Eagles to within one game of going 0-fer. Southern Miss and Rhode Island are the only teams in the FBS and FCS divisions still trying to get a win. Will both teams go without a win this season?

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post

0-11
    I am assuming you saw the Memphis score and the shellacking they put on UAB? The quest for 0-12 appears to be in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    The majority of the country just became Notre Dame and Florida State fans for next week. Go Irish! (Damn, was ahead of the curve on this one.)
    I am, of course, fucked up. I am with my friend for 32 years. I just watched a band that I haven't seen in nearly 20 years because they quit playing until recently. deadhorse. A band I saw 20+ times in my youth. And, the Irish are #1. Great fucking night.

I haven't been "ahead of the curve" in awhile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Go Irish!

uploadfromtaptalk1353226335175.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    This. As a Navy fan, I am morally obligated to say "fuck Notre Dame!".
    I can imagine the hatred is special for a Navy fan.

2007, Ram Vela, one of the great QB sacks of all time and an end to that awful streak.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    The majority of the country just became Notre Dame and Florida State fans for next week. Go Irish! (Damn, was ahead of the curve on this one.)

So, UCLA plays Stanford next week. The Bruins are in the Pac-12 CCG no matter what. If they beat Stanford, they face Oregon the following week. If UCLA wins, they get Stanford in the CCG six days later. There's some discussion that maybe UCLA should tank next week or at least not open up the playbook. It certainly makes for an interesting discussion.

FSU was kinda getting robbed anyway, it makes no since that there are some two loss and some teams that barely won multiple weeks ahead of them(though I know they say style points are no longer considered). Does that excuse there loss absolutely not, but there is a slight love affair with SEC, Hell its going to be interesting to see how how they move up if they move up at all.

The PAC-12 doesn't have a strong conference either so it will become more interesting to see how this works out.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I am assuming you saw the Memphis score and the shellacking they put on UAB? The quest for 0-12 appears to be in the bag.
    I'm actually rooting for 0-12 this point. If you're gonna fall, you might as well space-jump-without-a-chute fall. Dont just fail. Anyone can fail. EPIC FAIL. Go out with a bang!

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Oh come on we just had the 1 and 2 teams get beaten in one night, great drama in the Oregon/Staford game. You need to stop the generic rage Mors. College football still has the best regular season in sports. Every week really does matter, unfortunately once the regular season ends... Still, you need to get laid or take some Xanax or both.
    It's another season where there needs to be a playoff, and not this bullshit top 4 "playoff" shit that the panzy motherfuckers finally agreed to after 15 years of totally fucked up scenarios coming into play with the BCS, but a real 16 team playoff. Instead, we're going to see at least one SEC team again (UGGH!!) and probably Florida State (there's simply no way Notre Dame goes into USC and wins next week - there are too many factors saying that USC comes in PISSED and blasts them). Talk about a monumental bore. Georgia or Alabama is going to DESTROY Florida State and the SEC (UGGH) is going to win another MNC instead of a REAL playoff settling who the champion is (How is Florida no better than Alabama? Why shouldn't Kent State get their chance?).

It's all bullshit until there's a true playoff that crowns a champion.

I can imagine the hatred is special for a Navy fan.

2007, Ram Vela, one of the great QB sacks of all time and an end to that awful streak.

Yep. After decades of losing to Notre Dame, there is no love for the Irish. I'd be more than happy to see them go 0-12.

And that sack will never leave my memory. It is one of the greatest plays and games I have ever watched in all of sports in my entire life. Only games ahead of it are the two Broncos Super Bowl wins. Only plays are Elway's helicopter spin in Super Bowl XXXII and Matt Holliday beating the tag at home on a sac fly to beat the Padres in the 2007 tiebreaker to keep Rocktober storming ahead into the playoffs and their World Series run.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Stealing for Twitter/Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Just shows that Tampa Bay wasn't nearly as cheap as they were called earlier this year.
    Still completely fail to understand that furor. While I don't support the appearance, from what I saw, that Tampa's DL seemed to be going at the knees of the offensive linemen, the entire point of the QB kneel was to avoid the risk of running a play. It shouldn't be a give up / concession.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud