Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 Week 11

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I did a promotion/regulation league setup in an offline dynasty that I did. It was fun, but didn't last long because my interest in the game itself wane quickly because playing against the CPU just isn't fun anymore and playing against human players is too much hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Even more fun would be to copy the English and other Soccer leagues and have a promotion/relegation system. Have a three tiered setup. Due to smaller individual leagues only one promotion/relegation per conference.

For example in So Miss case.

Major Conference - Big 12
    Minor Conference - CUSA
    FCS Conference - Southland

Going by results up to today

Next year

Baylor relegated to CUSA
    Tulsa or UCF promoted to Big 12
    So Miss relegated to Southland
    Central Arkansas promoted to CUSA

This adds even more intrigue to the regular season with teams fighting to be promoted and even the bottom dwellers fighting to avoid relegation.

Assuming both Memphis and So Miss lose out there is some actual intrigue in the So Miss/Memphis game as the loser ends up in FCSville. Even more interest would be shown to the Tulsa/UCF game in a couple weeks as it has big implications. It would be a boon to smaller and FCS conferences as there would be more interest in what it going on by not only the casual viewer but people like myself who are hardcore college football fans but tend to zone out certain games/conferences.
    1) Ouch! FCS level?
    2) As bad as we are this year, is this really how relegation goes? 1 bad year and you drop or 1 good year moves you up?

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    1) Ouch! FCS level?
    2) As bad as we are this year, is this really how relegation goes? 1 bad year and you drop or 1 good year moves you up?
    Yep. Check out the relegation in the soccer leagues over in England sometime. Some crazy movement over there from year to year.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    1) Ouch! FCS level?
    It differs from country to country. Argentina uses a three year averaging system. However, most FA's just use the record from that season.

I started a promotion/relegation OD late in the NCAA 12 cycle and used TB teams to carry it over to NCAA 13. All users had to start out as a D+ or lower Independent, and work their way up to the top league. In NCAA12, that was the SEC. Since NCAA 13 is based on the rank of the top six teams I turned the Big Ten into a ten team "Premier League". There's only four committed users in the OD, so we can move pretty fast. We had two promotion battles in season two, but we won't see another user game (except bowl match-ups) until we all reach the top tier. Since there are seven tiers, it will take awhile to make the top tier. That gives us time to build our teams like we want them, and gives us several seasons of recruiting battles.
    My current conference hierarchy goes like this:

Premier League = Big Ten (10 teams)
    2nd division = SEC (12 teams) and Big 12 (12 teams)
    3rd divisions = ACC (12 teams) and Pac 12 (12 teams)
    4th division = Big East (12 teams) and MWC (12 teams)
    5th division = Sun Belt (8 teams) and CUSA (8 teams)
    6th division = MAC (8 teams) and WAC (8 teams)
    7th division = Independent (9 teams)

Conference champs move up, and last place teams move down. Since the Big Ten is fed by two conferences, the bottom two move down. If this were a real life promotion/relegation system, I would want to see something closer to Argentina's model, and use an averaging system. I don't like the idea of winning a conference title one year, graduating everyone, and then getting relegated after one bad season.

Quote Originally Posted by IBI View Post
    If this were a real life promotion/relegation system, I would want to see something closer to Argentina's model, and use an averaging system. I don't like the idea of winning a conference title one year, graduating everyone, and then getting relegated after one bad season.
    In most cases that simply does not happen. So Miss is a rare case. Usually your bottom dwellers are there most of the time. The one year model puts an emphasis on programs to create more balance in their program on a year to year basis. Plus being America the three year system would be as confusing as the metric system and the BCS. Too much math involved.

I do have to say that the terms BIG Ten and Premier league are two terms that have not been uttered together on an internet forum since... ?
    Last edited by bdoughty; 11-06-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Classy move by Mack Brown.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...28--ncaaf.html

Brown announced on Twitter that Texas will wear a "DKR" helmet decal, and the Longhorns will line up on their first play Saturday in the wishbone formation to honor Royal, who is credited with bringing the wishbone to college football in 1968. It's a perfect and touching tribute from Brown to his late mentor.

RIP, DKR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

That said we can't even get Tiburon the NCAA to let us have a playoff alternative.
    Fixed. Not the devs' choice.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Big game for Arkansas State tonight... not only are we playing ULM for the conference lead but as well, representatives from New Orleans Bowl and Liberty Bowl will be in attendance. As well, it's great to see everyone associated with the school really making a push to get a big attendance including the Mayor issuing a proclamation saying "go to the game, wear red, cheer loudly, etc." We never get this kind of drive and honestly a big portion of that is thanks to Malzahn... he seems to be able to get everyone rallied together to get it done. As well, cheerleaders are standing on street corners (yeah, I'm sure there's a joke there) holding signs encouraging people to go to the game.
    http://instagram.com/p/RxUW-dkh_A/

Really good to see and hopefully we can break the November game attendance record set last year when ULL came to town.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    positive on this?

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    positive on this?

Pretty sure this group would be

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Odd, the BCS began in the late 90's. NCAA 2001 offered "This version included Create-a-player, Create-a-school, Custom League (up to eight teams, double round-robin, plus playoff), Custom Tournament (up to 16 teams, double elimination)"

Then magically removed the next year when the first PS2 version was released. I am sure that would have nothing to do with EA, must be the NCAA saw too many kids having fun playing Playoffs and Tournaments instead of the BCS. There was no need this generation as they removed the FCS completely - except for teambuilder). Kinda like the fact there is still no chain gang in the current gen versions and many things are missing that were in previous generation game and still asked for yearly.

But no, let's blame the NCAA for all those too. You can blame the NCAA until you are blue in the face but unless I see a piece of paper that shows the NCAA wanted it removed from the game, I am calling B.S.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 11-08-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Odd, the BCS began in the late 90's. NCAA 2001 offered "This version included Create-a-player, Create-a-school, Custom League (up to eight teams, double round-robin, plus playoff), Custom Tournament (up to 16 teams, double elimination)"

Then magically removed the next year when the first PS2 version was released. I am sure that would have nothing to do with EA, must be the NCAA saw too many kids having fun playing Playoffs and Tournaments instead of the BCS. There was no need this generation as they removed the FCS completely - except for teambuilder). Kinda like the fact there is still no chain gang in the current gen versions and many things are missing that were in previous generation game and still asked for yearly.

But no, let's blame the NCAA for all those too. You can blame the NCAA until you are blue in the face but unless I see a piece of paper that shows the NCAA wanted it removed from the game, I am calling B.S.
    That is what EA told the Gamechangers on this forum. If EA lied to them, then so be it, but the Gamechangers are simply telling you what they were told.

There isn't any conspiracy by the guys on here to hide EA's true intentions or anything stupid like that. They tell us what they can, when they can, and tell us it in their own words. Anything else is EA being EA.

Then I put my money on EA lying to them and will leave it at that. This is the same company that said they could not make players dive over the goal line last gen due to hardware limitations.

Brand is far more important these days then back then. With so much money caught up in sponsorship deals and whatnot, I have to believe that the NCAA wouldn't want to put something that goes against what it's been fighting for ages. The NCAA development team wants to sell as many copies as possible so I'm sure they'd have playoffs, crowds rushing the field, and taunts if they thought that would sell copies but the NCAA is against all that so it isn't in.
    Last edited by souljahbill; 11-08-2012 at 08:22 PM.

positive on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Pretty sure this group would be
    i didnt mean to cause any suspicion that someone was lying to us.....just wondering if someone had asked this at a community day event or something that was the answer given: that its the ncaa's fault that a tournament/playoff option isnt in.

sorry for stirring up the lynch mob.

Then I put my money on EA lying to them and will leave it at that. This is the same company that said they could not make players dive over the goal line last gen due to hardware limitations.
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but it wouldn't make much sense for them to lie to us about that. I'm also pretty sure that information has been reported in other sources, but I can't find any of them at the moment. As Bill said, there are plenty of examples of things that would sell more copies (including playoffs), but the NCAA or CLC may view as detracting from their brand, so they'd be inclined to deny them as features.

Whether you choose to assume that EA is lying or not is up to you. But if you think about it from the NCAA's side, that kind of decision would make "sense" to them (even if it flies in the face of logic).
    i didnt mean to cause any suspicion that someone was lying to us.....just wondering if someone had asked this at a community day event or something that was the answer given: that its the ncaa's fault that a tournament/playoff option isnt in.
    It may have been mentioned while I was in Orlando, it may not. I know I've seen it mentioned several times before, if nothing else from Gamechangers.

Helmet nobody will see since the game is on the Longhorn Network.

ESPN has a story about how badass Army football players/cadets can be.

Spoiler alert: pretty badass.

sorry for stirring up the lynch mob.
    Now giving answers to questions make you part of a lynch mob?