Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 Week 10

• Facebook
  • Display
    The Irish are playing down to the competition once again (see Purdue, BYU). Sheesh.

Doesn't surprise me though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Oh shit. Shit just got really real in this year's Army-Navy game. Army laid down an absolute ass whooping of Air Force today. With that win, the Army-Navy game is no longer about Navy getting ready to whoop Army's ass for the 11th straight year. It just became for all the marbles, the Commander-in-Chief's trophy. Navy's trying to get the trophy back for the first time since 2009, Army looking for their time since 1996. Great, like the Army-Navy game needed any more goddamn drama, nor like I needed any more chances of having an ulcer while watching the game in December.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Oh shit. Shit just got really real in this year's Army-Navy game. Army laid down an absolute ass whooping of Air Force today. With that win, the Army-Navy game is no longer about Navy getting ready to whoop Army's ass for the 11th straight year. It just became for all the marbles, the Commander-in-Chief's trophy. Navy's trying to get the trophy back for the first time since 2009, Army looking for their time since 1996. Great, like the Army-Navy game needed any more goddamn drama, nor like I needed any more chances of having an ulcer while watching the game in December.
    I watched that game (at least I watched what I could considering there were technical issues). Army was giving Air Force the business!

Uh oh Irish.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Uh oh Irish.

Wow. Luck of the Irish. Pitt misses a 33-yd FG for the win.

The dude abides.

Dammit Pitt, hit the FG.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Dammit Pitt, hit the FG.

NBC Drinking game

Chug a beer every time stupid NBC announcers says, "this is fun."

Whew, at least they got 3.

Sigh. That should only count for half a win. Hopefully they drop in the BCS.

Edit: Add "Team of Destiny" to NBC announcer drinking game.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 11-03-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Ugly, ugly, ugly. But, I'll take it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Blame falls on the snapper's shoulders... Snap was too high forcing kicker to stutter.

If Oregon's whipping of USC continues, and Notre Dame plays a tight game against USC (as I expect), I believe Oregon will end up higher than ND in the end. But ND has to hope for two teams to lose, just to take the control away from the pollsters.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    If Oregon's whipping of USC continues, and Notre Dame plays a tight game against USC (as I expect), I believe Oregon will end up higher than ND in the end. But ND has to hope for two teams to lose, just to take the control away from the pollsters.
    not a whipping yet.....although i do expect us to lose since monte kiffin refuses to have our defense play aggressively

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I watched that game (at least I watched what I could considering there were technical issues). Army was giving Air Force the business!
    Yeah, Army was just rolling them. Army's 2-7 record is deceptive, as turnovers have killed them many games. Even then, they have still been within 10-15 points most games. With as tight and close of a battle as the Army-Navy game have been the past couple years, combine that with the C-I-C trophy now being on the line, and Army seeking their first win over Navy since 2001, along with their first C-I-C trophy since 1996, this year's Army-Navy game is going to be fierce.

It's got me a bit worried this year. It's all going to come down to who prepares the best during their half month bye. Both teams play their last games on November 17th, then are done for the year until the Army-Navy game on December 8th.

Oh yeah, I forgot, Navy beats Florida Atlantic today 24-17. With that result, it's bowling time! After a brief absence from the bowl season by Navy last year, the Midshipmen return. Navy has officially accepted their invitation to the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl on December 29th at 4pm.

The projected opponent in the game will be a team from the Pac-12. Based on current standings, Navy could matchup with Arizona, Arizona State, UCLA or Washington. Personally, I would love to see Navy take on Washington. After that, my preference for order of play would be Arizona State, then Arizona, then UCLA.

this game is over already for USC.

i hate it when i speak too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    not a whipping yet
    It was when I had last looked before making that post. USC did a good job keeping it closer than I expected, though Lee's fumble before the half was costly.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    It was when I had last looked before making that post. USC did a good job keeping it closer than I expected, though Lee's fumble before the half was costly.
    yep, a fg at the end of the half, combined with a score on this drive, would make it a tie ball game.....a situation that oregon doesnt know very well.
    Last edited by baseballplyrmvp; 11-03-2012 at 08:13 PM.