Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: College Football 2012 Week 10

• Facebook
  • Display
    Barner might have 400 yards by the time this is over
    Last edited by psuexv; 11-03-2012 at 09:11 PM.

11 point loss isnt that bad to oregon. i expected more. but monte kiffin should step down. there's no excuse for having a piss poor defense 3 years in a row now, and calling the plays for the single worst defensive performance in USC history. he needs to go

offensive shootout happening with lsu and bama. lsu leading 17-14 with 11 minutes left in the game.

God I fucking hate college football fans when their team loses. Michigan State players are bitching on Twitter about the refs because of a pass interference penalty at the end of the game today with Nebraska. The fans are bitching too claiming the refs lost the game for MSU. 2 fumbles lost it for MSU. Letting Nebraska convert 4th and 2 right before they scored to make it 24-21 lost it for Nebraska. Letting Nebraska convert 4th and 10 on the final drive lost it for MSU. MSU lost it for MSU, not the refs. The MSU fans and players can all shut the fuck up. It's their own goddamn fault they lost, enough of this stupid goddamn fucking bullshit of blaming it on the refs. Accept some fucking responsibility for your failures as a team for once.

/endrant

That's what we call "Alabama responds".

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    calling the plays for the single worst defensive performance in USC history. he needs to go
    To be fair, the USC defense has been pretty poor this year. Whether that's talent, recruiting, development or playcalling (or all four), I don't know. But that defense, combined with that Oregon offense, was a recipe for "worst defensive performance in history". Plus USC was actually scoring, so the Oregon offense didn't pull its foot off the gas. And both offenses were scoring quickly, so the defense gets gassed.

Basically, if I was evaluating the USC defense (and the staff), I wouldn't look at this game at all. There's no way the USC defense was going to come out of this game looking good.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 11-03-2012 at 10:46 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

0-9 and I'm still numb to it all.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    At least you know you suck. WVU, on the other hand, tempts me with pie in the sky ideas only to COMPLETELY crash and burn. At least at 0-9, you are pleasantly surprised by a close game. College football has not been nice to me this year, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    To be fair, the USC defense has been pretty poor this year. Whether that's talent, recruiting, development or playcalling (or all four), I don't know. But that defense, combined with that Oregon offense, was a recipe for "worst defensive performance in history". Plus USC was actually scoring, so the Oregon offense didn't pull its foot off the gas. And both offenses were scoring quickly, so the defense gets gassed.

Basically, if I was evaluating the USC defense (and the staff), I wouldn't look at this game at all. There's no way the USC defense was going to come out of this game looking good.
    the defense has been absolutely shit for all 3 years that monte's been here. if this was his first season, i can understand a terrible defensive game, but he's in his 3rd year now. but game after game, monte's defense consistantly gives up huge numbers, especially in the passing game. i'm hearing that he refuses to take advise from other coaches on possible adjustments and is, overall, just stuck in his stubborn ways. how many more games does his defense have to give up over 400 offensive yards before a change is made?

edit: in the last 2 games combined, monte's defense has given up 101 points and over 1300 yards. there's not a fan in the country who should defend their DC after giving up those kinds of numbers, regardless of the team.
    Last edited by baseballplyrmvp; 11-03-2012 at 11:39 PM.

I actually saw a van tonight with a Southern Miss sticker on the back. I thought, "poor bastard must be as miserable as Bill."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

There is still the Memphis game so a little hope left. On the not so bright side you are the undisputed #1 team on the ESPN Bottom Ten list for the past three weeks.

Crazy prediction for Week 11. Texas A&M wins @ Alabama next week. Manziel is impressing me more and more each week.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    there's not a fan in the country who should defend their DC after giving up those kinds of numbers, regardless of the team.
    There have been plenty of poor USC defensive performances this year. I don't disagree. But I think you could have taken the best defensive coach in the nation this week, give him that overmatched USC talent that was out there tonight, and Oregon still would have shredded them.

Can him for all of the other reasons you mentioned. But not Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    At least you know you suck. WVU, on the other hand, tempts me with pie in the sky ideas only to COMPLETELY crash and burn. At least at 0-9, you are pleasantly surprised by a close game. College football has not been nice to me this year, at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I actually saw a van tonight with a Southern Miss sticker on the back. I thought, "poor bastard must be as miserable as Bill."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    There is still the Memphis game so a little hope left. On the not so bright side you are the undisputed #1 team on the ESPN Bottom Ten list for the past three weeks.

Let's just say that people on the message boards are keenly aware of our "#1" ranking. We're on equal footing with fucking UMass! We were 12-2 last year. Everyone expected a dropoff with a new head coach and new starting QB but this isn't just a dropoff. This is some Wile E. Coyote off a cliff shit right here. We're non-competitive. We're getting blown out by Western Kentucky, Marshall, and Rice. We give up 27 second half points to UAB. If it weren't for 3 inches of water on the field, Louisville would have blown us out too. It's a fucking mess. It's so bad that I don't even want to win anymore. I'm actually rooting for 0-12 now so at least this historically bad season can go out like a champ. 1 or 2 wins means we tried and I rather just pretend we lost everything because we just didn't try this year.

I'm now really disappointed that Tulsa and Southern Miss don't play this year, since the championship game showdown became a pipe dream after week 3 of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I'm now really disappointed that Tulsa and Southern Miss don't play this year, since the championship game showdown became a pipe dream after week 3 of the season.
    It would be a waste of Tulsa's time. They're better off having an intra-squad scrimmage.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    There have been plenty of poor USC defensive performances this year. I don't disagree. But I think you could have taken the best defensive coach in the nation this week, give him that overmatched USC talent that was out there tonight, and Oregon still would have shredded them.

Can him for all of the other reasons you mentioned. But not Oregon.
    i'm gonna disagree with that, but thats just me.

Y'all see this?

That's wild

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Y'all see this?
    Great play!

Best. Jump Pass. Ever.