Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1281

Thread: The Walking Dead [TV] (May Contain Discussion of Aired Episodes, Enter at Own Risk)

• Facebook
  • Display
    I am so far behind on this show as I was saving them to watch my gf, but our schedules get so hectic so I'm just going to binge watch them and let her watch on Netflix

So forgive me if I binge post in here on old episodes.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I am so far behind on this show as I was saving them to watch my gf, but our schedules get so hectic so I'm just going to binge watch them and let her watch on Netflix

So forgive me if I binge post in here on old episodes.
    Let me save you some time and wrap up your posts into one. Glenn dies....no wait he didn't..... these saviors are bas*ss mothers..... oh wait no they just wiped out 3 of them with ease....these saviors are bad*ss again.....nope they just wiped out a whole camp of them without knowing the layout of the building and without losing a single person.....wait, wait, they're bad*ass again....nope they're a bunch of sissies who get taken out by two tied up chicks.......okay, okay here we go they are bad*ss and apparently telepathic. They must have a mole on the inside and knew that Maggie was going to have complications and will need to get to the Hilltop for a doctor. Wow and they must have superhero speed to run around in one day and set up all of these roadblocks, kill a bunch of people in some town that is only a few miles away from Alexandria(that nobody has ever crossed paths with) and get back to where the RV is going. This show is awesome, maybe the virus causes some people to have superpowers. Oh here we go..... it's Negan. Oh man that speech was great.... what a build up to the season finale and what a culmination of events. I love how finales wrap up the season and intro the next storyline......ummmmm, what? So we don't know who Negan kills and it's only probably one person..... ok I guess. "Turns to Talking Dead after finale" So Greg why cut the finale scene like that.... well we really think the audience is going to love it once they see where we are going and felt this was a great setup. I'm a moron who is trying to drag this on for as long as possible and have know idea how to develop a story of a season and tease for the next season.

^
    Yeah. That.

I won't read that yet, but I did get to the part where Glen falls, but my "guess" (I have avoided spoilers) was that what's his name was hallucinating

I switch to Fridays for DJ'ing next week, so I think next Saturday will be a marathon.
    The dude abides.

Negan will only kill one. Just like his lackeys have said repeatedly throughout the season, they kill one straight off as an example to the rest. More only die if they fail to fall in line like the pegged suckers they are or if they stiff Negan of his half of their shit.

Second, naturally Trevor from GTA V is a natural fit for this show! Hopefully we see more of him, he's a perfect secondary bad guy to Negan's primary bad guy.

Third, I'm putting my guess in spoilers, just because I've read the comics and with such a powerful scene it was in the comics, no way in hell do they change it in the show, especially since his death has multiple ramifications for the group as a whole going forward.

Spoiler: show
    Glenn

Thanks for explaining the Spoiler, only to say "his".

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Thanks for explaining the Spoiler, only to say "his".
    OK, so that eliminates three women and leaves, what 10 men? Really whittles things down there.

Besides, every single guess posted here has been one of the men, so it's not like everyone is guessing Maggie and here I come saying "it's him!" Pretty much everyone on Earth already figures it's one of the men.

I hate that we're even having this stupid guessing game. The writers are probably thrilled that we're still talking about their stupid cliffhanger.

From watching Talking Dead, I guess apparently even if the writers don't yet know who is dying. Some of the actors have made it sound like they won't even know who dies until they all get back to start shooting the new season.

Think they'll stick to the same comic death, the ending was filmed according to interview with Morgan where he stated he didn't know they were going to end it as a cliffhanger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I just subconsciously wanting to dislike FTWD or is it really as uninteresting as I think it is?

Am I just subconsciously wanting to dislike FTWD or is it really as uninteresting as I think it is?
    It's now Game of Thrones season. FTWD is a Monday night affair for me for the next 10 weeks.

It's certainly less engaging for me. They made the mistake of not actually showing the fall of society and instead did a time-jump to when the military showed up. Once they did that, it was just TWD with less interesting characters.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    It's certainly less engaging for me. They made the mistake of not actually showing the fall of society and instead did a time-jump to when the military showed up. Once they did that, it was just TWD with less interesting characters.
    yeah... I thought this was the whole point of the series. What a bizarre omission!

Yeah, they skipped the whole 'make (at least some of) the characters interesting' aspect TWD did for the first season or two+.

I'd say Strand & grandpa are probably the most likable/interesting characters on the show, but gramps was pretty boneheaded when they went scavenging on the island. Even the Asian babe & Mask who survived the plane crash had a better/more engaging backstory than the regulars and - for now - they
    Spoiler: show
    appear to be gone. My money is them being found by the group tracking Strand's boat.

Thanks for the replies, gentlemen. I pretty much agree with all of your thoughts. I just wanted to be sure (since their hasn't been much discussion here about FTWD) that I wasn't the only one who was not very interested.

To me, the story has also been so rushed that it has been very predictable. Basically, any time they show you something you know it is going to matter soon (ie the kid and those pills) or you can see exactly what is going to happen next (dumbass falling into the crab walker hole). I have yet to really be surprised by what has happened.

Combine that with poor walker acting (I laughed when I saw a walker make some really awkward movements and actually take steps backwards during the scene on the beach where they are fighting off the herd to get back to the yacht. Take a look at the one in the reddish-orange shirt, if you're interested) and a regrettably lame script of constant walkers in the water and other survivors on boats and I'm just not sold at all.

The walker in the reddish-orange shirt who is closest to the camera (bottom left corner) is actually moving backwards here.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    The biggest fuck up to date by this show. They had the perfect chance to show the downfall of civilization without showing how the outbreak started, and instead they just time jump forward and skip all of it. So fucking stupid on the part of the writers and directors.

Catching up on the season.... I said it last year and I will say it again: casting for FtWD is awful!

Yeah, I'm two or three episodes behind, due to me being gone on a trip to South Dakota and Minneapolis for a week, and yet, I have no desire to immediately jump into the episodes like with The Walking Dead. Basically it's just a "I'll get around to it when I get around to it" feeling. I have other shows from the past week and a half to two weeks that I'd rather watch first.

The Walking Dead [TV] (May Contain Discussion of Aired Episodes, Enter at Own Risk)

I'll have to binge it later. I saw the premiere but haven't watched since and now that Game of Thrones is back, that's what I watch Sunday nights. I only like Strand and Salazaar. The mom is tolerable. I'll pass on everyone else. The daughter is kinda cute but if she died, I wouldn't miss her.