Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1281

Thread: The Walking Dead [TV] (May Contain Discussion of Aired Episodes, Enter at Own Risk)

• Facebook
  • Display
    If they get rid of Daryl but they keep Glen (in some of the worst script writing/plot twists in recent memory) then I will not be impressed. I really like Daryl's character regardless of how cliché he is. Frankly I find Glen's character and the whole post apocalyptic romance with Maggie to be tiresome. The less "romance" in the plot the better. I think there are a lot of better directions the writers could go with these two.

All-in-all I thought last night's episode was good but the season overall I have been less and less interested in the show. Beating a dead horse I know but the Glen storyline survival still bothers me and I find the plot has become somewhat dull. Maybe it's just inevitable given how long the show has been on the air but I still say this show is at it's best when they are constantly on the move.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 03-28-2016 at 06:01 PM.

I agree that the less romance the better.

The Walking Dead [TV] (May Contain Discussion of Aired Episodes, Enter at Own...

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I mean seriously, nevermind the mullets and flaming-red flat tops - both of which scream comic book queerness. No, I'm talking about the crossbow guy, the bow staff guy, the samurai sword gal... Come the fuck on. They're one short of the Ninja Turtles, practically!

Anyway, I get irritated when I'm reminded that this show (which is enjoyable if you can overlook some things) was written by a comic book dork who followed the time-tested comic book rule that characters must be so unique that they couldn't possibly all exist in the same space.

Anyway, that's my rant. Carry on.
    Lol, hasn't really gotten to the more outlandish of the lot yet. I'm hyped for the finale. I have my thought as to who is getting offed but guess I'll have to wait and see. Think they've kinda hinted at it already. Think Daryl might be a red herring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Marlowe; 03-30-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Now you've met Negan.

The balding guy who was the spokesman for the group in this episode was the voice actor for Trevor in GTA V.

My guess for the ending:
    Spoiler: show
    Either Abraham or Eugene.

Where is Jesus during all of this? He basically got the group into this mess and has been AWOL most of the last few episodes.

I posted this on OS and on Facebook:

Before I digress, let me say that I have no problems with cliffhangers. It's expected that a show have a cliffhanger in the season finale. Having a cliffhanger is not why the ending sucked. It sucked because of the cliffhanger we got. It changed the narrative of what we're supposed to be looking forward to. Instead of us talking about Negan and how much of a bad@$$ he is and how much trouble the group is in, we're talking about who got killed. The talk is of the victim and not the victor. They spent the whole season building this dude up and now he's a footnote in his introductory scene. A much better cliffhanger is having Negan kill the person ON CAMERA (who I totally believe is Eugene) and then showing everyone's reactions ending with a split screen of Rick terrified and Negan smiling with a bloody Lucille. If that was the ending, the post ending narrative would be about what a monster Negan is and we'd be wondering how Rick and co. is gonna come back at this dude. THAT is the story they should want people wondering about until November. They totally botched it.

The Walking Dead [TV] (May Contain Discussion of Aired Episodes, Enter at Own Risk)

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    The balding guy who was the spokesman for the group in this episode was the voice actor for Trevor in GTA V.

My guess for the ending:
    Either Abraham or Eugene.

Where is Jesus during all of this? He basically got the group into this mess and has been AWOL most of the last few episodes.
    I totally believe it's Eugene which would make this whole spectacle an even bigger fiasco. I don't think it's Abraham because I think they writers are having too much fun finding creative ways to make him curse (We're neck deep up shit's creek with our mouths open.)

My best guess is Eugene also.

And, Bill, I agree. This is a really bad cliffhanger. By time November rolls around I won't even care anymore who is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    By time November rolls around I won't even care anymore who is dead.
    This 100%

In my eyes they totally botched it. They should have wasted a bunch of people in this finale and left us, like Bill said, talking about how much of a badass Negan is and how the group is going to survive and react

I will say though that Jeffery Dean Morgan did a pretty awesome job. He wasn't very scary but he was hella charismatic. I'll have to rewatch it on Netflix whenever it's available and they can show the unedited scene with all the cursing.

The only good thing about the wait on the reveal is that maybe they won't be able to start the new season and get over the death in five minutes like they normally do. Maybe it will have consequences for most of the episode.

What makes it worse yet is that no one died. With Carol's odd storyline the last few weeks, maybe they would have been better off letting her go. They've dinged up the cast the last few episodes (Daryl, Carol) but the primaries seem invincible at this point.

The problem is that the season premier will probably avoid the reveal for 40 minutes too.

Instead, they'll show what happened to Darryl and Co. between when he was shot and the Negan scene. They'll also show what happened to the mullet guy after he took of in the RV and they'll progress the Carol story.

After all that, we'll find out that it was some Alexandria character that was killed or that it was Glenn. Of course, if it was Glenn he'll miraculously survive it.

The more I think about it, the dumber it is. What a shitty way to end the season. Playing Guess Who is not how the season should have ended.

Yep... I'm sure it was an AMC decision to drive ratings but they screwed the pooch.

In the comics, this is considered the most impactful scene to date and it leaves you worried what will happen next all on its own. Instead they neutered it and now it's the mystery is "who was it" instead of "what the Hell will happen next".

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Well done, Philly!

Overall I liked most of the episode but definitely didn't enjoy the ending. Put me in the camp of liking Negan's character portrayal. He wasn't incredibly scary but he was definitely able to put you on edge.

I say its just mullet head.

someone suggested that you see the shadow/light reflection of the Kids hat on Negan.
    He was nect to mullet head,yes?