Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1281

Thread: The Walking Dead [TV] (May Contain Discussion of Aired Episodes, Enter at Own Risk)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Yep, as long as they keep moving around or at least the place they are living is under threat, and they have enemies, it'll stay interesting regardless of how long they go. The only time that this show has dragged was during season 2 on the farm. They stayed on that farm way too damn long. The prison, they had the governor plus the sickness to deal with, you had the couple prisoners and there were still threats and ways for people to die. Since then, it's been constantly living under threat between being on the move without any permanent structures and safe havens, Terminus, the hospital, now Alexandria and the Wolves.

Even though they have gotten nice and cozy in Alexandria, the Wolves will no doubt take away that nice and cozy feeling and shit will be going down next season based on what I've read in the comics and online. Question now is, how many, if any of the threats from the comics were rolled into The Wolves story arc. I have seen comparison of the Scavengers and the Wolves. If the other groups that Rick and the rest meet in the comics, as well as the other locations besides Alexandria, there is easily 2-3 seasons worth of material right there.

Plus, who knows if they maybe add entirely brand new threats, since they have been adding a lot of non-comics stuff that have been keeping everyone (comic readers and non-readers alike) guessing from week to week, add new people, kill off more cast members, add entirely brand new locations that haven't appeared in the comics. There is unlimited things they can do to still remain true to the comics but still write and weave their own story and keep this series going indefinitely. It all revolves around what they do from here on out. The threats they present the group with, they keep them on the move or at least keep their locations under credible threat, not have it drag to a halt like with the farm, and not be afraid to kill off any cast member at any given point. Unfortunately I think it's pretty much a given that Rick is and will always be safe, regardless of the situations they put him in. But even Rick should be considered expendable when it comes to the storyline.

That's interesting. I've heard him say in the past that he already knows how it's going to end, I guess I just assumed he meant not keeping it around as long as he can but cutting it at a specific time.

I always though and took that to mean he has planned how things will happen that will either result in watching the group head off into the sunset of the unknown of the final comic/show, or that he had planned how they would all die and how everything would come to an ultimate end in one big final comic/episode.

Something that he can initiate with maybe a half season's build up and then put in action as the season/series finale. But not necessarily something he has planned out specifically this moment as a final season. Just an alternate "final" story arc he can switch to when it becomes clear the series is starting to lose ground and the ratings are going down to where the show won't last much longer.

#TheScriptIsDead

Season 6 Trailer from Comic-Con

The dude abides.

Man, talk about bad luck. Everything was going great with the Walker-herding until that horn. No way Alexandria can withstand that herd coming their way.

That kid.. Ron? I have a bad feeling that he is going to do something very stupid in order to get some revenge on Rick.

Overall, I thought the first episode was outstanding! So much better than most episodes over the past two seasons IMO.

Yeah, it was a very good episode.

You think Ron is behind the horn or the Wolves?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    You think Ron is behind the horn or the Wolves?

Wolves is the more obvious direction there, but I'd think it would be part of a move to kidnap people and maybe take over the neighborhood for themselves, because didn't they torture some woman in the last season that they found in the woods? Plus they set up the truck traps? So they seem to enjoy inflicting terror/pain, not just picking fights.

Having Ron do it ........eh, not sure I see it since that is a huge move just to get back at Rick......

What about Gabriel? He's been emotionally all over the map......he said Rick was right, so does that mean he's given up hope, going completely negative/godless?

The Wolves could be doing it to gather more walkers for their traps too and may not realize that Alexandria is behind the exodus.

The dude abides.

I don't like how they kept going from flashback to present back and forth for the entire 1st show. I've never understood the point of that other than the occasional flashback to something the viewer already knows happened

I didn't mind it as the flashbacks tied things together after the finale as you piece together what they are trying to do.

The dude abides.

It annoyed me but I understood why it was done and it was done well.

I thought something wad wrong with my tv at first as they went back and forth.

I think it was Deanna or one of the others in Alexandria who blew the horn. Think about it, they went out to do a dry run. They got surprised at the quarry and as Abraham yelled when the truck at the top of the quarry collapsed, "we'll do it live!"

No one back at Alexandria, unless they had radios too, had any clue that the group was doing the Walker Pride Parade right then and there.

In the previews before the season, you see Alexandria under attack by some sort of humans. So it could have either been an attack by the wolves, maybe something akin to a warning note left via dead body at the gate or something. And with Rick and all the "fighters" gone, they blew the horn as a way of saying to Rick and company "get the fuck home now!", unaware that they were sending a giant ass herd from hell also headed their way.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I think it was Deanna or one of the others in Alexandria who blew the horn. Think about it, they went out to do a dry run. They got surprised at the quarry and as Abraham yelled when the truck at the top of the quarry collapsed, "we'll do it live!"

No one back at Alexandria, unless they had radios too, had any clue that the group was doing the Walker Pride Parade right then and there.

In the previews before the season, you see Alexandria under attack by some sort of humans. So it could have either been an attack by the wolves, maybe something akin to a warning note left via dead body at the gate or something. And with Rick and all the "fighters" gone, they blew the horn as a way of saying to Rick and company "get the fuck home now!", unaware that they were sending a giant ass herd from hell also headed their way.
    So maybe Deanna honked the horn because The Wolves attacked not knowing they had to do the real run then. That makes sense. By the way....

WHO'S DEANNA!!!!!!?!?!?!
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    So maybe Deanna honked the horn because The Wolves attacked not knowing they had to do the real run then. That makes sense. By the way....

WHO'S DEANNA!!!!!!?!?!?!
    The "mayor"/leader/former congresswoman. Her husband was Reggie, who got his throat katana'd in the season finale last year.

And that's about the things that makes the most sense to me. No one other than the group at the quarry had any clue they were doing the actual run with the walkers right then and there. So someone in Alexandria blowing a horn wouldn't know they were seriously screwing themselves.

Unless the Wolves were watching/tracking Rick's group and hatched some last minute plan to get the herd from hell walking back in Alexandria's direction, it only seems that it could be someone in Alexandria blowing it as a warning or emergency horn because Alexandria is under attack or there is some sort of trouble that Rick and company need to get back immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    The "mayor"/leader/former congresswoman. Her husband was Reggie, who got his throat katana'd in the season finale last year.

I know who she is

I'm making fun of Abraham blurting it out when they got to Alexandria last season.
    The dude abides.