Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead [TV] (May Contain Discussion of Aired Episodes, Enter at Own Risk)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Yeah I didn't watch it either....probably won't get to tonight either.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah I didn't watch it either....probably won't get to tonight either.
    It's going to be tough for me too but I've got to try. Take the kids trick or treating, probably get Week 6 of TGA in and then Walking Dead. Going to be a long night.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yep. It was a hell of an episode tonight. I think he just made himself target #1 on the list of epic karma ass whoopings to be handed out down the road. Do you think the truth of what happened will come out at some point in the future?
    Spoiler: show
    Between him fuckin' his best friend's wife and trying to get back in her pants afterwards, and now this, they're setting him up to be a villain. I mean, the look in the mirror pretty much gives that away.

Also, I think Andrea and him still leave and they become "evil" after Andrea shoots Dale for making her live through this nightmare still (because she's too weak to kill herself - proof by making Daryl shoot the hanged zombie instead of just letting him rot).

I just saw a post on Twitter where people at IGN talk about the surprising events...dammit I need to see this now. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Between him fuckin' his best friend's wife and trying to get back in her pants afterwards, and now this, they're setting him up to be a villain. I mean, the look in the mirror pretty much gives that away.

Also, I think Andrea and him still leave and they become "evil" after Andrea shoots Dale for making her live through this nightmare still (because she's too weak to kill herself - proof by making Daryl shoot the hanged zombie instead of just letting him rot).
    Yeah, he's just been racking up things on the evil list. I was telling my friend that same thing last night. He left Rick for dead in the hospital, lied to Lori about Rick being dead, worked his way into her pants at some point after telling her that, tried to get back into her pants again in the CDC, about shot Rick when the two of them were in patrolling in the woods, and now this. And yeah, that look in the mirror that he had, those where the eyes of an evil, crazy person.

Yeah, Andrea is definitely losing it. I could see her doing that, since it was Dale who talked out of, and essentially made her leave the CDC instead of just staying and ending it. Then he goes and takes her gun while they're out on the highway, and she proceeds to get attacked by a walker in the woods, who would have killed her if not for Babe Ruth on the horse. He definitely haven't been doing himself any favors in her book.

I had a feeling that somewhere along the way with all the walkers there that Shane would leave Otis for feeding. At first, in the end, I thought when he was looking at the scrapes and such that he got bitten somehow just barely.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yep. It was a hell of an episode tonight. I think he just made himself target #1 on the list of epic karma ass whoopings to be handed out down the road. Do you think the truth of what happened will come out at some point in the future?
    This kinda spoiled it for me, as I guessed right as to what happened.... use spoiler tags!
    Last edited by JBHuskers; 11-01-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Now this is why they made this sign

This kinda spoiled it for me, as I guessed right as to what happened.... use spoiler tags!
    I was trying to intentionally keep it vague so spoilers wouldn't be needed. Looks like I failed.

Well I have to say that I'm somewhat disappointed. I told JB last week that Otis was going to die so that really wasn't a big deal. I also don't think what Shane did was all that bad. They knew they weren't going to make it and he had a decision to make. Both him and Otis die and then Carl dies, or Otis dies and Carl has a chance. It's the apocalypse, you need to make sacrifices. I honestly thought that Shane was going to save his own life by somehow having to leave the equipment behind.

Not sure why they are dragging on the Sofia being missing thing. It almost feels like they are trying to separate the group soon.

Overall it was a good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Well I have to say that I'm somewhat disappointed. I told JB last week that Otis was going to die so that really wasn't a big deal. I also don't think what Shane did was all that bad. They knew they weren't going to make it and he had a decision to make. Both him and Otis die and then Carl dies, or Otis dies and Carl has a chance. It's the apocalypse, you need to make sacrifices. I honestly thought that Shane was going to save his own life by somehow having to leave the equipment behind.

Not sure why they are dragging on the Sofia being missing thing. It almost feels like they are trying to separate the group soon.

Overall it was a good episode.
    As I said, the group is going to get fractured, big time, and, at the same time, people are going to die. I'm almost guaranteeing that Andrea is going to shoot Dale and then take off with Shane. There's no way Shane is going to be able to stay with the group now. As much as I agree, that it's the apocalypse and all that, the choice isn't shoot one to survive, it's drop the gear and both survive, kid be damned. But, Shane was in the process of laying these seeds of evil already (totally forgot about him almost shooting Rick) he just finished the job with this one. If he isn't pure evil after this, I'll be very happy. I want shades of grey from all my characters, but especially the anti-heroes.

Shane is a scorned lover who, while trying his damnedest to accept the current setup, is trying to do the right thing by giving Rick and his family space but ends up being sent on an impossible mission to save Carl, who he almost considers his own son with Otis, the man that shot the kid in the first place. He's the guy that's gotten fucked by this whole thing and, now, at the worst possible time, he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't, so, he went with the best of the two situations (saving Carl by shooting Otis in the leg and giving himself the ability to escape with the needed medical equipment) and, now, he has even more reason to leave.

I would almost be surprised if the group didn't split like this:

Carl, Rick, Lori, Glenn, T-Dogg

Shane, Andrea, Daryl, Carol

Sophia is dead. There's no doubt about it, otherwise, it would have made perfect sense for Daryl and Andrea to find her this last episode. Because Sophia is dead, Carol is going to hate Rick enough to want to leave. Daryl is going to want to leave because Lori and Glenn are going to talk Shane, Carl, and T-Dogg into staying at the farmhouse and Daryl can't just sit around and wait to die, he's obviously a man of action.

So, the group will, most definitely, be split like that with Andrea killing Dale and Shane leaving because of all that's happened to him.

As I said, the group is going to get fractured, big time, and, at the same time, people are going to die. I'm almost guaranteeing that Andrea is going to shoot Dale and then take off with Shane. There's no way Shane is going to be able to stay with the group now. As much as I agree, that it's the apocalypse and all that, the choice isn't shoot one to survive, it's drop the gear and both survive, kid be damned. But, Shane was in the process of laying these seeds of evil already (totally forgot about him almost shooting Rick) he just finished the job with this one. If he isn't pure evil after this, I'll be very happy. I want shades of grey from all my characters, but especially the anti-heroes.

Shane is a scorned lover who, while trying his damnedest to accept the current setup, is trying to do the right thing by giving Rick and his family space but ends up being sent on an impossible mission to save Carl, who he almost considers his own son with Otis, the man that shot the kid in the first place. He's the guy that's gotten fucked by this whole thing and, now, at the worst possible time, he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't, so, he went with the best of the two situations (saving Carl by shooting Otis in the leg and giving himself the ability to escape with the needed medical equipment) and, now, he has even more reason to leave.

I would almost be surprised if the group didn't split like this:

Carl, Rick, Lori, Glenn, T-Dogg

Shane, Andrea, Daryl, Carol

Sophia is dead. There's no doubt about it, otherwise, it would have made perfect sense for Daryl and Andrea to find her this last episode. Because Sophia is dead, Carol is going to hate Rick enough to want to leave. Daryl is going to want to leave because Lori and Glenn are going to talk Shane, Carl, and T-Dogg into staying at the farmhouse and Daryl can't just sit around and wait to die, he's obviously a man of action.

So, the group will, most definitely, be split like that with Andrea killing Dale and Shane leaving because of all that's happened to him.
    That's definitely some good reasoning.

Since you said that Daryl is a man of action, I think he joins the farmhouse very soon. Andrea probably goes with him, and she's going to talk Shane into leaving on their own. But since Shane risked a life to save Carl, I think he sticks around. This could lead to her wanting to leave and shooting Dale in the process, if they all finally get met up.

I think that Daryl is the most reasonable guy in this group that is still on the highway, so I think he will finally make the call that finding Sophia is not going to happen. If that happens, I bet Carol becomes unreasonable and just stays on the highway; which leads to Dale making the tough decision to stay with her or leave her behind. Once he leaves her behind, I have a feeling that Sophia is a walker now and she will end up biting Carol.

That's definitely some good reasoning.

Since you said that Daryl is a man of action, I think he joins the farmhouse very soon. Andrea probably goes with him, and she's going to talk Shane into leaving on their own. But since Shane risked a life to save Carl, I think he sticks around. This could lead to her wanting to leave and shooting Dale in the process, if they all finally get met up.

I think that Daryl is the most reasonable guy in this group that is still on the highway, so I think he will finally make the call that finding Sophia is not going to happen. If that happens, I bet Carol becomes unreasonable and just stays on the highway; which leads to Dale making the tough decision to stay with her or leave her behind. Once he leaves her behind, I have a feeling that Sophia is a walker now and she will end up biting Carol.
    All good theories from you and Mors. Sophia definitely reappears somehow somewhere, dead or alive. No way they dragged this on about finding her to just have her never be found.

I'm a little disappointed with one thing with the farmhouse. They never touch on how the never see any walkers. They don't really keep watch and they don't lock the door at night. How are they keeping them out?

All good theories from you and Mors. Sophia definitely reappears somehow somewhere, dead or alive. No way they dragged this on about finding her to just have her never be found.

I'm a little disappointed with one thing with the farmhouse. They never touch on how the never see any walkers. They don't really keep watch and they don't lock the door at night. How are they keeping them out?
    That's a very good question. Some type of fence maybe. Something about a gate or something as well.

That's a very good question. Some type of fence maybe. Something about a gate or something as well.
    The girl at the farmhouse did specifically ask Glenn & T-Dogg if they closed the gate when they came in... which they said they closed behind them.

Yeah because remember when the cute chick (Babe Ruth) asked Glen if he shut the gate or something like that? I just wonder if they are so off the main path (a good two miles or so) that they just only get the occasional straggler. I thought we were going to be in for a scare when Glen was praying thought one would show up on the porch. Maybe the walkers just populate in the populated areas (highways, towns, hospitals, schools).

Yeah because remember when the cute chick (Babe Ruth) asked Glen if he shut the gate or something like that? I just wonder if they are so off the main path (a good two miles or so) that they just only get the occasional straggler. I thought we were going to be in for a scare when Glen was praying thought one would show up on the porch. Maybe the walkers just populate in the populated areas (highways, towns, hospitals, schools).
    I imagine it's like Dawn of the Dead & the mall... people flock to what they knew in their living life. No one routinely ever visited that farmhouse so aside from stragglers, they probably won't see very many... same reason they didn't see any large numbers out in the woods yet of course we saw a lot in downtown Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I imagine it's like Dawn of the Dead & the mall... people flock to what they knew in their living life. No one routinely ever visited that farmhouse so aside from stragglers, they probably won't see very many... same reason they didn't see any large numbers out in the woods yet of course we saw a lot in downtown Atlanta.
    And saw some in the church

Last night's The Walking Dead:

A very slow episode, but I'm not one of the bitchers who is complaining about that. I still am digging it even though it really didn't go anywhere last night.

Glenn got some action last night (lucky bastard)...that farmer's daughter is hot.

The extration of the zombie in the well was pretty good, pretty intense with Glenn about biting it....at least he got rewarded with some poon. When that zombie split in half, that was awesome.

To show how badass Daryl is, I think he is very much on the trail for Sophia. I bet that was her that made that bed in the closet and ate the sardines. His scene with Carol was really the first time he really showed some heart too.

And probably the best part of the episode, was Shane's eulogy. He kinda tripped up at the end of it, so I wonder if anyone is going to catch on. But regardless, Shane did the right thing. Do you let two people die and not save Carl? Otis was dead weight.

So again, slow episode, but I was fine with it. It is definitely my replacement for best show on TV now that Rescue Me is done.

Oh and I hope to hell that Shane is the father