Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead [TV] (May Contain Discussion of Aired Episodes, Enter at Own Risk)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Kernzy View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Yeah good call, I suppose that is feasible as well. We shall see but I hope they at least talk about this next week and bring this subject up in the show because they have to be wondering now.
    yeah it's really the only other thing I can think of. Like I had posted before the coming back as a zombie right away didn't feel right to me and forced, like they just threw it in since there have been other people to die and not come back.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    The only other thing that I'm thinking is it could be passed through blood. Shane has obviously had zombie blood on him and was stabbed with a knife that had been used to kill zombies. Daryl had shoved a knife into Randalls leg and who knows what knife they were using when he first hurt it.

This might explain why the two guys at the bar that were shot didn't come back as zombies while they were having the shoot out since Shane regenerated really quickly and so did Randall.

If you notice, it looks like Dave (first guy) is shot through the head (notice his head kick back) while Tony is shot twice in the chest, there's also a third shot that we don't see where he hits him but you'd have to assume he puts it through his skull to make sure the job is done.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post

If you notice, it looks like Dave (first guy) is shot through the head (notice his head kick back) while Tony is shot twice in the chest, there's also a third shot that we don't see where he hits him but you'd have to assume he puts it through his skull to make sure the job is done.
    That makes sense

Yep, I figured those two guys in the bar got head shot so that explains them. So it's either blood-borne or air-borne. I think it would almost have to be air-borne for it to spread as fast as it did. If it was just being bitten or blood-borne it wouldn't have spread as fast as it apparently did.

TWD (re: cause of reanimation) don't read if you don't want to know.

So having read the wiki page it looks like there is NO "zombie" virus. Apparently whatever it is that causes reanimation is inside everyone. Everyone will turn when they die as long as they dont die from head trauma. A zombie bite causes infection which can be lethal but it doesn't cause a person to reanimate. And to answer the question about the dead on the freeway...they didn't turn because they all had head trauma from the crash.
    Last edited by Marlowe; 03-13-2012 at 11:10 AM.

But.....

My immediate assumption was a decent deal of time had passed from when Rick stabbed Shane to when he came back as a zombie. A few hours I am guessing. I mean Rick did just murder his best friend. He sat there contemplating what he had done until Carl came out. Carl came out presumably at the time it was to hit the hay, but went looking for his dad since he hadn't come back yet (another bonehead Carl move).

Same goes for Randall, his neck was broke mid-afternoon I'm guessing....it was definitely well into the dark when Daryl and Glen came across him. Just my immediate thoughts after the fact.

God I'm loving this TWD episode. The Great War.

TWD

So by my count, right now we're standing at total lost: Humans: 2, Zombies: 50+, Unknown: 1 (Andrea)

Just started tonight's TWD. Holy shit on the first 10 minutes. INTENSE

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

I'll be damned. Jenner's message revealed.

What the fuck!?

Final kill count

2 Humans, 56+ Walkers

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    What the fuck!?
    It's THE prison... Apparently in the comic books, a ton of shit goes down at the prison. Btw those spoilers I read were right down to everything, though obviously much better to watch it.

It's THE prison... Apparently in the comic books, a ton of shit goes down at the prison. Btw those spoilers I read were right down to everything, though obviously much better to watch it.
    Actually I was referring to the hooded stranger with that comment, but yeah, I've heard A LOT about that prison. This is gonna be intense in season 3.

TWD

I'm purposely not reading any info on the comics. I figure I'll read all the comics after the series ends.

As for tonight:

Holy shit is right on that person in the woods. I'm very curious to see who that is. I think it's a she, and guessing those are her two brothers. My gut figured that Andrea would make it but then when she got completely exhausted, I thought that might be it.

No cliffhanger of sorts on the finale, which is fine by me. I love how they direct the pan outs like they did with the second to last episode with the walkers coming and the final episode with the prison.

Figured more humans would die in this one. Got rid of the two that really didn't contribute much to anything from the farm. Thought maybe T-Dog would be a goner since there was no development and barely any lines for him in season two. He contributes to the group, but really doesn't have much of a story arc.

I cannot wait for season three, but it's going to seem so far away.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    TWD

I'm purposely not reading any info on the comics. I figure I'll read all the comics after the series ends.

As for tonight:

Holy shit is right on that person in the woods. I'm very curious to see who that is. I think it's a she, and guessing those are her two brothers. My gut figured that Andrea would make it but then when she got completely exhausted, I thought that might be it.

No cliffhanger of sorts on the finale, which is fine by me. I love how they direct the pan outs like they did with the second to last episode with the walkers coming and the final episode with the prison.

Figured more humans would die in this one. Got rid of the two that really didn't contribute much to anything from the farm. Thought maybe T-Dog would be a goner since there was no development and barely any lines for him in season two. He contributes to the group, but really doesn't have much of a story arc.

I cannot wait for season three, but it's going to seem so far away.
    Yeah, I've read the first comic in Compendium Book 1, but that's it so far. Gonna work my way forward over time, just up until the prison, to see the differences in the comics and the show so far, but not so far that I start hitting spoiler territory.

Well, from what they said on The Talking Dead, the hooded person in the woods a black woman named Michonne, and apparently a bad ass and major fan favorite with the comic readers. So that right there should make season 3 even more better.

Andrea I thought was going to be a goner when everyone peeled out of there and she was left. I especially thought she was gone when she ran out of ammo in the pistol, had to sit there bashing a zombie in the head with the pistol, and was exhaustedly trying to limp along.

Yeah, that ending on last episode was just perfect. And tonight's was simple and great, panning out from the group and up to the prison to set the scene for season 3.

I agree. I figured right off the bat, one or two the group was going to buy it. Carol and T-Dog were my top guesses. Hershel was another I thought was a goner when he said it was his farm and he'd die there, then when Lori and the girls were trying to get his attention, he just ignored them and kept shooting away with the shotgun, I thought he really was going to fight to the very end. Jimmy and Patricia, no surprise there. Jimmy was only a matter of time and he was soooooo far in the background, he was practically non-existent in the story. Same thing with Patricia.

What about the helicopter in Atlanta at the beginning of the show? What does everyone think is in it or the deal with it? Rick saw it (or at least saw one) when he first got to Atlanta, and now there's another helicopter at the start of tonight's show. That was also a sweet beginning, showing the herd in Atlanta and how they gradually migrated out into the country and how they got into the woods near the farm. The thing is, it looked like they were just passing through in a random direction. If dumbass Shane hadn't lured Rick out into the woods and fields like that, and then fired the gun when he was stabbed, the walkers very well might have continued moving on somewhere else and never came towards the farm.

And then Jenner's message to Rick is finally revealed. So it's something in the blood of everyone. Everyone's infected, it just doesn't actually do anything until you die. So now that the big secret is out of the bag, that brings about the question, where did the disease come from?

And the fact that everyone is already infected, that it's only a matter of time before you eventually die and turn into a walker or before you have to pop yourself in the head to end it for good, with the unborn baby, does this mean it's only a matter of time before Lori goes:

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 03-19-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

What about the helicopter in Atlanta at the beginning of the show? What does everyone think is in it or the deal with it? Rick saw it (or at least saw one) when he first got to Atlanta, and now there's another helicopter at the start of tonight's show. That was also a sweet beginning, showing the herd in Atlanta and how they gradually migrated out into the country and how they got into the woods near the farm. The thing is, it looked like they were just passing through in a random direction. If dumbass Shane hadn't lured Rick out into the woods and fields like that, and then fired the gun when he was stabbed, the walkers very well might have continued moving on somewhere else and never came towards the farm.

That was pretty interesting. It was almost like they were following the helicopter, like it was emitting something to draw them in. If it doesn't I'm not sure the migration of the walkers really made sense. I was really wondering how they were going to explain all the walkers coming on them, since there has been a ton of noise on the farm with the gun practice and the mow down of the barn walkers.

Love how Rick is turning and the way his character is going.

Also, screw Lori. She basically told Rick to kill Shane a couple of episodes ago and now she's all disgusted with him. Rick even said Shane came at him and drew him out into the woods. And Daryl confirmed that Shane killed Randall.

Anybody know what this is referring to
    but fans of "The Walking Dead" comic book would recognize Michonne anywhere. Expect her to be a fixture next season (and here's hoping that the show's writers will opt to revise one key element in the character's storyline for her TV incarnation).

Here's a really good IMO article of the show so far. How season 2 has been somewhat of a disappointment but how the finale really brought it back.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mauree...b_1359765.html

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Anybody know what this is referring to
    Maybe something to do with this:

Michonne immediately bonds with Tyreese, recognizing him from his days in the NFL, and sharing a passion for working out (weight lifting). After showing signs of attraction, she performs oral sex on him. Having seduced him, she precipitates the break-up of Tyreese and Carol, and therefore beginning a relationship between the two.