Thread: Dink and dunk vs big play

• Facebook
  • Display

Dink and dunk vs big play

question goes both ways for you on offense and defense. you're having trouble stopping your opponent's offense and the game is looking to end in who has the ball last.

do you prefer to dink and dunk your way downfield and be on the field for long periods of time, or go for the big play and get a quick score?

same question applies when you're on defense: giving up the big play or playing defense for long periods of time?

another question: which has the greater psychological affect (if any) in how you play on your next possession?
    Last edited by baseballplyrmvp; 10-07-2012 at 12:13 PM.

The type of offense i run i pretty much dink and donk, and run the ball. I try and keep the ball as much as possible. Ill throw a deep play in every now and then.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Freshman
    I primarily use the dink and dunk approach. That said, if a team excessively presses, I'll go for the bomb. Even if it doesn't complete, it helps to keep the opposing team honest. On defense, I will blitz only if I can be sure I'm not leaving my team open for exploitation elsewhere. The longer I can keep the other team on the field on defense, the more chances there are for them to make a mistake (fumble, interception, etc). I'd take that all day long over giving up the big play, even if in the end the result happens to be exactly the same seven points.

I prefer the big play, on offense. Actually, on both.

On offense, I prefer the big play because I fear that if I dink and dunk that I'll screw up and end up not scoring. Though if I have a dink-and-dunk style offense that my opponent can't stop, I'm okay with that.

On defense, I prefer the big play because I feel like I can stop an offense that relies on the big play, more often than not. Whereas I've faced too many offenses that dink-and-dunked me all the way down the field for me to continue to be confident about stopping someone. I'd like to say, like PeaceWithin did, that my opponent is more likely to make a mistake ... but I don't feel that way anymore.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

On offense, I like to run a spread option attack. If the defense keeps their safeties back I'm fine moving down the field with runs and short passes, then when they bring their safeties up to help against the run I look for the deep pass play.

On defense, I want to make the offense uncomfortable by taking away what they want to do. If they are a big play team, I will play deep zone coverage and force them to dink-and-dunk hoping they get impatient and make a mistake. If they are a dink-and-dunk team, I will blitz and play press coverage to force them out of their comfort zone.

ive started using the drag route alot because unless people at least show blitz, the corners are too far off and you can get 3 to 6 yards a pass or break a big one with a quick throw after the snap of ball.

besides, if you are straight player you shouldnt be going for the big play that often in the first place. The none straight players do that all the time anyway without setting it up with shorter plays. Which is the point if you are a straight player