Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SimCity (PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Also, unless the boxed version of the game is different, the digital version is only available through EA's shitty service. It's highly unlikely it's going to be any different for the boxed version considering the 100% online setup.
    I dont see how you didnt know that was more than likely. They didn't create there own service just to put one of there biggest games on steam that honestly doesn't make sense.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    I dont see how you didnt know that was more than likely. They didn't create there own service just to put one of there biggest games on steam that honestly doesn't make sense.
    I was kinda hoping SimCity broke the cycle because SimCity 4 and the Sims 3 are both on Steam, but it doesn't look like it's going to. Like with Mass Effect 3, I might be SERIOUSLY tempted not to play it now....

The one thing I don't like about having to be online for the game is that your game dies when ea turns off the servers. You would own the disk but not be able t play the game. I owned CITIES XL when it released and it was also a 100% online game with the purpose of trading between cities. The whole thing fizzled out within six months and then the game was re-introduced as offline. There were 100's of unexpected problems with the online version. Hopefully EA will be better equipped to deal with these issues.

Amazon says March 5th, so I've updated the release date on the title.

Hmmmm, I keep getting an error saying my verification code is correct. Anyone else getting this?

I can't even get signed into my Origin account, the website keeps fucking up when I try.

Probably getting hammered. Mass e-mails were sent today to sign up for the beta.

I'd LOVE to be able to do this, but the fuckin' website won't let me reset my password! GAH!

(sigh) Made a new account because their website is trash. God I hate EA's proprietary shit SO much.

What I did was log into the NCAA Football Dynasty page, then go over to the Sim City beta page and it worked for me.

Piece of shit still won't work. I click register for the beta, it brings up a window to try and log me in, only to them back out to the main SimCity page. I try again, it goes the error page. Fuck it, I'm tired of pissing away my time on this shit.

I signed up a few months back when the registration opened and it took me about six attempts to make it work. I would love to be part of the beta but the odds are stacked. Only being able to play for one hour would be a real challenge.

Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Ummm yeah pretty sure that's overblown.

Never even heard of that site

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Never even heard of that site
    You've ... never ... heard of Ars Technica?

Wow.

Depends on what you mean by overblown. Do I think it's likely that they would enforce that policy? Nah. But that language is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    You've ... never ... heard of Ars Technica?

Wow.

Depends on what you mean by overblown. Do I think it's likely that they would enforce that policy? Nah. But that language is ridiculous.
    Basically it's a threat for those who get in the beta and then cheat in the online game.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Basically it's a threat for those who get in the beta and then cheat in the online game.
    Yeah, I know. But the language is still ridiculous. You don't have to actually exploit, you just have to not report it. At least you have to "know" -- sounds like they allow for the possibility of simply not knowing something is a bug (some things in NCAA, for example, are unclear if they're bugs, exploits, or design decisions).

But not reporting a bug in SimCity gets you banned from Origin? Okkkkkaaaaayyyyyy. Little much there.

Again, I know it's (most likely) just a threat, but it still makes me uncomfortable.

That language is terrible, but, truthfully, I don't have a problem with it. Considering that this iteration of SimCity is online only, the aspect of taking advantage of any exploit or bug that one might happen to find could be a big deal for their design decision of having shared city setups. Especially if they plan to make it where someone can choose to open their world to anyone else playing the game instead of only friends or something.

People get waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too paranoid nowadays.