Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: College Football 2012 Week 6

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I swear either Natch or SC posted this ... but for anyone that hasn't seen it:
    Was not me, but very cool. Thanks

stuff like that needs to happen way more often. great job if south carolina organized that whole thing. i'm surprised the nfl hasnt done it, and if they have, i'm surprised they havent done it more.
    Last edited by baseballplyrmvp; 10-14-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Here's an article with more details. The husband organized it with help from South Carolina.
    http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...ortBy%3Doldest

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    stuff like that needs to happen way more often. great job if south carolina organized that whole thing. i'm surprised the nfl hasnt done it, and if they have, i'm surprised they havent done it more.
    Lots of teams and organizations have done similar things (if only we were lucky enough that every school could do it every week, y'know?). I think the only reason it doesn't happen more is A) People have a tendency to cynically flag it as a publicity stunt (myself included); and B) troops just don't return with enough frequency and ahead-of-time-scheduling to make something like this happen that often.

Very nicely done, though, both by the husband and SCar. Only problem I had is that, because of the camera work and the audio, I couldn't tell if the crowd was cheering something that he'd said, or they got early sight of the husband.

Side-note: Cheerleaders are much better at maintaining the smile/pose combination than I would have expected. I couldn't hold a smile half as long as those girls did.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 10-14-2012 at 05:33 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I swear either Natch or SC posted this ... but for anyone that hasn't seen it:
    I could watch a million surprise military reunions and every single one will get to me.

Never gets old....

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I could watch a million surprise military reunions and every single one will get to me.

Never gets old....
    Seriously. I've teared up every time I've watched this one, and I know exactly what's going to happen!
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Seriously. I've teared up every time I've watched this one, and I know exactly what's going to happen!