Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football Uniform Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Desert Fuel (oh I hate when they name their stupid uni's) It is not a bad looking combo, I do not hate it. Has little to do with the schools color scheme but who cares about that anymore?

Kinda NSFW

Spoiler: show

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Desert Fuel (oh I hate when they name their stupid uni's) It is not a bad looking combo, I do not hate it. Has little to do with the schools color scheme but who cares about that anymore?
    It's an alternate that was designed around the copper-producing history of the state. So in that case, I don't care or mind that it has little to do with school colors. They're doing a cool thing with them.

http://www.thesundevils.com/ViewArti...CLID=209611199

"We love the maroon and gold, and it is well represented in our uniform options. But we are also fortunate to be a part of a university that prides itself on change and the ability to break the mold. With the support of a great partner in Nike and tremendous donors, we are able to explore new and unique ways to represent our home state of Arizona as well as continue to reimagine Sun Devil Athletics.”* - Vice President for University Athletics Ray Anderson

“We wanted to pay homage to this great state while keeping the team’s look consistent. We are one of the top few teams in the nation with as many looks and combinations as we have, and this plays an important role in building a national fanbase and molding Arizona State University into a household name.” – Head Football Coach Todd Graham

“As players, we love to look like one of a kind on the field. Uniforms are important because they have a huge impact on recruiting and our fan base, and this new looks is awesome and very unique in a number of ways, especially the gray and copper chrome facemask.” - redshirt senior quarterback Taylor Kelly

“I’m excited we can give Sun Devil Nation one more thing to be even more pumped up about this season. We feed off our fans contributing to the excitement we bring on the field and these uniforms will continue to help make that happen.” - redshirt junior wide receiver Jaelen Strong

“I love the new uniforms because they provide a mixture of both traditional and modern styles. They allow us to have swag with a revolutionized twist, while maintaining a prideful connection with the Sun Devil fans from the past, present and future.” – redshirt junior cornerback Lloyd Carrington

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

NOTRE DAME

SOUTHERN MISS

Land Grant Holy Land had a good article reviewing "all" of the changes (some still to come) for this season, for every team: http://www.landgrantholyland.com/uni...or-2014-season
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

2014 Shamrock Series uniform (9/13 vs Purdue)

Kinda NSFW

Spoiler: show

As the ASU SunDevils are "my" team I don't really know how I feel about this look. I don't hate them and they wear some combos that are far worse. That being said I don't love them either. I guess I'm too old but when I think of my team I think: maroon, gold, and Sparky. The new logo has grown on me but I just wish ASU (and every other school) didn't wear a new uni every single week. IMO one home, one road, one alt, and one retro per season is the limit.

bla bla bla..
    so uniqueness is represented by everyone having a black or mirror helmet

At least the Shamrock Series unis have gotten better over the years. These are tolerable and I like the ND on the helmet.

College Football Uniform Talk

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    At least the Shamrock Series unis have gotten better over the years. These are tolerable and I like the ND on the helmet.
    I always thought that if that 40% Blue/60% Gold helmet from 2 years back was a blue helmet with a gold stripe down the middle that it would be my favorite helmet in college football.

Always loved the classic SMU uniform from the 80's. These look nice. Kudos SMU.

How refreshing to see NORMAL uniforms. Good on yeah SMU!

Agreed with both of you. Big fan here.

Eastern Michigan now has a grey field.

Eastern Michigan now has a grey field.

This is a trend that needs to happen more. If you're not playing on real grass, decorate your carpet. Give it some pizzazz!

I actually agree with Bill. The only problem I have with colored fields is when a team like Boise has their uniform and field the same color -- it just doesn't make for good TV. Otherwise I have no issue

I like the gray field. Probably easier to see the action on TV. Oh wait, it's Eastern Michigan
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I actually agree with Bill. The only problem I have with colored fields is when a team like Boise has their uniform and field the same color -- it just doesn't make for good TV. Otherwise I have no issue
    That's my only problem also. Other than that, I see no reason why a field has to be green.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    So you wouldn't like it if PSU did an all white field and wore their away whites?